Next Patch Weapons! [PICTURES!]

Ajantarkastaja

ArmA2 m14 was "unstoppable"!!!

I really like to see this "oldschoolweapons" back :D There are about 100 million produced AK-47 in the world !!!

So it cant be, that they are gone in 2035 :D :D :D

Yes Yes Yes gimme more weapons and more updates :D I love it !

How are the ballistics done on the custom weapons?  Do they use the same calculations as their counterparts in ARMA 3?  IE: All 7.62x51 guns/rounds have the same ballistics and accuracy.

For example the mk18 and rahim seem to have the exact same ballistics and accuracy in game as far as I can tell, and they are totally different guns.  

Are things like barrel twist rate, length and material (chrome lined / match grade etc) modeled?  I know the extra length that a suppressor adds to the barrel seems to be modeled with increased velocity.

I guess what I'm getting at is why would I pick an m14 over a mk18 or rahim other than looks or mag capacity?

Guess the only thing we can recognize is the bulletspeed and the recoil, anything else is not really recognizable cuz of the weapon sway which is hilariously high even if laying down for a while and holding breath

btw: the pictures did not mention the L115/L96 Sniper

Guess the only thing we can recognize is the bulletspeed and the recoil, anything else is not really recognizable cuz of the weapon sway which is hilariously high even if laying down for a while and holding breath

btw: the pictures did not mention the L115/L96 Sniper

They're doing the M107

^^^^ maybe the marksman DLC  will do this when it comes out?    I really don't find the sway too outrageous, I regularly shoot IRL at 400+ yards with a 7.62x51 and 15x mil dot / mrad turrent and even prone with a bipod it is pretty hard to keep the cross hairs on a 12in target.  In game at 1600m is a piece of cake...probably better than IRL.   Best situation is using a bag.

If the server files are released and people start to host their own servers they can add this mod into it right?

would be awesome imo.

already on it mate.

creating the custom loot tables will be the fun part,

as for rangecreeds post, it does have the potential to limit your playerbase yes.

but with an already established community its easier to do,

plus if people can figure out how to load dayz epoch overwatch origins taviana... they can figure out how to add -mod=@mas; into their startup params.

all it would take would be one frankie or psi video and all the kiddies would be mad for it.

If the server files are released and people start to host their own servers they can add this mod into it right?

would be awesome imo.

The simple answer is no.

already on it mate.

creating the custom loot tables will be the fun part,

as for rangecreeds post, it does have the potential to limit your playerbase yes.

but with an already established community its easier to do,

plus if people can figure out how to load dayz epoch overwatch origins taviana... they can figure out how to add -mod=@mas; into their startup params.

all it would take would be one frankie or psi video and all the kiddies would be mad for it.

You seem to be forgetting 2 very important parts of the formula here.

The most important point being...

A) The modding author's rights to that weapons pack.  They may not want their mod redistributed or used in combination with another mod without their permission.

2) At this early stage of development we're not allowing major modifications or conjoined mod distribution. 

People seem to be really confused about this, so allow me to clarify.  DayZ Epoch was open source and allowed modification as it was a derived work from an abandoned project left to the community (DayZ Mod).

A3 Epoch is currently in core development and not open sourced, it is also under a completely different license.  There is another thread stating specifically where that license can be found.

Although I'm sure everyone would love to go shopping on Armaholic and grab every cool thing that would "make it a good mod"; but that's not what this is all about.

I've been allowed to port and make textural and configuration changes to these weapons because they were released in the A2 public data package.  If there are weapons specifically that you'd like to see, now is the time to make recommendations.

P.s. M107 is confirmed, for the person that asked above.

The simple answer is no.

You seem to be forgetting 2 very important parts of the formula here.

The most important point being...

A) The modding author's rights to that weapons pack.  They may not want their mod redistributed or used in combination with another mod without their permission.

2) At this early stage of development we're not allowing major modifications or conjoined mod distribution. 

People seem to be really confused about this, so allow me to clarify.  DayZ Epoch was open source and allowed modification as it was a derived work from an abandoned project left to the community (DayZ Mod).

A3 Epoch is currently in core development and not open sourced, it is also under a completely different license.  There is another thread stating specifically where that license can be found.

Although I'm sure everyone would love to go shopping on Armaholic and grab every cool thing that would "make it a good mod"; but that's not what this is all about.

I've been allowed to port and make textural and configuration changes to these weapons because they were released in the A2 public data package.  If there are weapons specifically that you'd like to see, now is the time to make recommendations.

P.s. M107 is confirmed, for the person that asked above.

Is there a list somewhere of the weapons from that a2 public data that you have access to port?

I just want a silenced, high calibre sniper rifle.

And a MLRS for me, while we're at it... :P Would you like also integral scope w/ thermal, night, ragefinder, autoclick and get out of jail free card? :D :D

JK :)

IMO what you're asking for would be very much OP.

Dragunov would be nice tho :)