AI Skill Level

Havoc302

I was just taking a look at the code for spawning in the AI. Am I right that _unit setSkill 1 means the highest skill level? I've been noticing that we're getting literally snap shot instantly killed by these AI. Would somewhere around 0.5 be more appropriate?

case "I_Soldier_EPOCH": {
_group = createGroup resistance;
 for "_i" from 0 to ((round(random 1)) + 1) do {
  _unit = _group createUnit [_unitClass, _targetPos, [], 100, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit setSkill 1;
 };
};

I was just taking a look at the code for spawning in the AI. Am I right that _unit setSkill 1 means the highest skill level? I've been noticing that we're getting literally snap shot instantly killed by these AI. Would somewhere around 0.5 be more appropriate?

case "I_Soldier_EPOCH": {
_group = createGroup resistance;
 for "_i" from 0 to ((round(random 1)) + 1) do {
  _unit = _group createUnit [_unitClass, _targetPos, [], 100, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit setSkill 1;
 };
};

I never got one shotted by any of the AI in my opinion if you compare them to the arma 2 epoch AI they are really underpowered.

I hope to see that they will add missions again on the map with alot more AI to kill because its always fun to do alot of different things in epoch.

I never got one shotted by any of the AI in my opinion if you compare them to the arma 2 epoch AI they are really underpowered.

I hope to see that they will add missions again on the map with alot more AI to kill because its always fun to do alot of different things in epoch.

I've been one shotted by them a couple times, even just peaking quickly out a window.

AI at skill level 1 is not really a danger unless you goof up, or stay still in an open position (not behind cover). 

And yes, that's the highest difficulty setting. ARMA never really had difficult AI, while yes they sometimes flank and share your position, they still do it extremely predictable in a way that they're really only dangerous if they have sniper rifles and are outside your view distance.

Even in open space i dont find them to dangerous with their little guns, just evade their shots like a player that's sniping you. I would like the Ai to be a bit harder to take out and drop some nice loot but don't think it's possible with vanilla Ai.

Never had issues with the AI. My group purposely spawned the AI on day one at which they spawn in directly on top of us with little cover. We killed them without any issues.

IMO they should be made more difficult the more times they spawn from the same drone.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this, but I'm having trouble locating the file that contains the code in the OP. Would someone mind providing me with the file name/location?

Looks like they changed up the script a little and the skill is now set at 0.6. From what I can tell, the script is in the client files located under a3_epoch_code.pbo/compile/EPOCH_supportCopter.sqf