Raise Humanity count for Killing a zombie

JohnyMST

Question

8 answers to this question

OK, thanks for the info.

I did not have eventKill.sqf file but I now created one with the code from Github.

So I placed this local_eventKill.sqf in directory: dayz_code\compile

Changed the humanity to +20 as I wanted
Copied the file and pasted into my main directory "Missions" > "Epoch.Chernarus" where mission.sqf & mission.sqm & init.sqf files are located (I am with VIlayer, they don't have PBO's ) .

Now I am stuck with the last part of your post: "you'll also need to call a compile for this file so it'll do its work."

Can you please explain this?

Thanks !

Wow, why would you want so much humanity per zombie kill? if i am a fresh spawn in your server it only takes me 125 zombiekills and i would gain 2500 humanity and be a hero.

Only because bugged humanity in Dayz.

Most of players where I play are bandits with -20k (including myself) because we protect ourselves.

Never open fire on anyone unless we get shot at.

There has to be some balance to this...

Thanks LimpNoodle. I'm away Today however feel free to PM me or Skype me. I'll get the messages

well, just putting the changed file in the mission PBO won't do a thing. the clients will download it but not use it unless it's somehow linked to the init.sqf in your mission.PBO.

here's a quick howto:

1: go into your mission folder.

2: create a folder called scripts if it doesnt exists yet.

3: put your own version of local_eventKill.sqf in the scripts folder

4: create a file called compiles.sqf inside the scripts folder and put the following in it:

local_eventKill = 			compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\local_eventKill.sqf";		//Generated when something is killed

5: save the file

6: open init.sqf in your mission folder

7: look for:

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

8: insert under this line:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

9: save the file.

10: done

What this does is overwrite the local_eventKill attribute difined in the dayz epoch client files (dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf) to now point to the file in your mission folder.