Immediate Session Lost - Fresh Server

KingRaymond795

Question

Hi Gurus

I am in the process of setting up a new server. 

I have setup a couple before (used for testing only) one of which is available for all to join. 

I am now branching out and trying to set up a new server, but I have seemed to miss something.

Basically, it's a Sahrani - Overpoch server - fresh install of A2 and A2:OA.

The server starts, BEC launches, can connect via rCon. 

Every time I try to join the server, I get an immediate "Session Lost" - It displays the motd and then BAM.. session lost

Reports: 

From Server Console: 

12:29:05 Player [EOD]KingRaymond connecting.
12:29:05 Mission DayZ Epoch SMD Sahrani read from directory.
12:29:06 Player [EOD]KingRaymond connected (id=76561198015684532).
12:29:06 Player [EOD]KingRaymond disconnected.

From A2OAserver.RPT

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/
Updating base class AK_BASE->AKS_BASE, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madeaks74unkobrafullysilenced\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AKS_74_UN_kobra/
12:28:59 Server error: Player without identity [EOD]KingRaymond (id 1857807227)

These are the only 2 things I can find anywhere.

Now, the reason I feel I have missed something is that if I copy the server files, instance files, server launch files and change them to point to sahrani map, it works - but this defeats the point - I want it to be a completely fresh server.

My launch params are: 

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_22_SMDsahrani\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_22_SMDsahrani\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_22_SMDsahrani" -name=instance_22_SMDsahrani "-mod=@DayZ_Sahrani;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

These are the same launch params that work if I copy the relevant files from my working chernarus server.

Are there any other files I can look at, or maybe someone else has experienced and fixed this? 

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Hi MGT

I don't think port forwarding is the issue - I have Any/All open for outbound traffic (just in case steam needs it) 

I am also trying to connect over a lan network - so the host OS (windows 7) - the firewall is off, antivirus disabled, windows defender disabled, UAC off.

As mentioned before, If i copy the relevant files from the working server, it works.

Darnit - ok, think I might have found a fix.

I reinstalled the OS, reinstalled the server, reinstalled all relevant addons.

Still didnt work - I then verified both A2 and A2:OA (set the beta in A2:OA to beta-)

I then recopied A2 and then A2:OA (replacing all files) - this seems to have fixed it.

Restarted the sever - now all is good.