Altis map Sucks

DJDosKiller

I would like to see more maps for A3 but, Raymix is right, so for now I can wait for some newer tasty maps. 

Last time I made a map from scratch you have to make all your building models, and item models. Than you make the terrain, and copy paste (easier said than done) the building models you have made. A3 maps will look better than A2, newer better tools. Maybe someone can make NO PORT a new version of Chenarus? I don't want to see a direct port over though.

P.S. The last map I made was a Call of Duty WaW. LOL! It's most likely alot harder now and with A3 engine added swimming in water :unsure:

I personally want as little overlap with DayZ as possible.

I mean these are games where the majority of your time is walking and looking for stuff. There aren't always as many engagements as with action games... so using the same map, same buildings just to loot different items, will get old fast for me.

Altis is new and something people just need to get used to IMO. Although large, you can have a different adventure in different parts of Altis each time you log on. Chernarus is over-played and predictable but who knows what Chernarus+ would bring to the table? I can't wait for more vehicles as well, as I'm sure people would feel better about the experience they are having if they had a faster way of getting around the map. I personally don't mind running through the fields but that's just me maybe? :)

Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but Cherno plus is coming to A3 officially:

https://store.bistudio.com/

Something is coming but will it be Chernarus + ? :unsure: I hope so but it also says "Experience zombie filled Chernarus from a brand new perspective!"

I just hope it's not some shity mobile game for Android/iOS, the new perspective could be a mobile device, time will tell.

Your powers of clairvoyance have me in awe Richie.

So... what will saturday nights lotto numbers be?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this on the BI forum the other day and it got me thinking about how much i enjoy Panthera.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185626-IceBreakr-IBIS-Island-Panthera-for-A3

This will be really awesome. But it is clear that in this state of development the devs need some fixed "vars" to not have other errors by different maps or such.

Oh god not Chernarus, it's stupid to use such an overused map. Napf would be better, similar type of environment as Chernarus, forests etc but a lot larger and still has a considerable amount of water around it.

What else sucks is the A3 version of Chernarus has all the same non-enterable buildings as A2 Chernarus. I think Takistan is a better choice.

Oh god not Chernarus, it's stupid to use such an overused map. Napf would be better, similar type of environment as Chernarus, forests etc but a lot larger and still has a considerable amount of water around it.

What else sucks is the A3 version of Chernarus has all the same non-enterable buildings as A2 Chernarus. I think Takistan is a better choice.

The guys who do the AiA (All in Arma) pack are redoing a lot of the buildings in Chernarus for their next update. Many new buildings will have functional interiors.  Sequisha is helping them with that and several other map textures also.  

NO ARMA 2 PORTS!!  Until there is a new BI created terrain for Arma 3, Altis is THE ONLY MAP (Stratis was an Alpha test, it should be removed too).  Cherno looks like it was created 10 years ago, because it was.  I don't want my 2014 player, vehicles and weapon models on some craptastic Duke Nukem 3D map like Cherno.