Altis map Sucks

DJDosKiller

I did think this at first but the more i play it the more I enjoy it.

What I really want is chernarus+ from Dayz standalone with all the enterable buildings and new parts of the map it could work well.

I know you can port it into arma 3 just means making the loot positions and that I guess.

I think they will use other maps later. But it's just easier to use Altis right now as it's default and would not come with unexpected errors. Better to make it stable first then start adapting to other maps. I hope that they make it default in the mod though so that we dont have to run additional mods and force players to add extra launching options like with overpoch..

I think they will use other maps later. But it's just easier to use Altis right now as it's default and would not come with unexpected errors. Better to make it stable first then start adapting to other maps. I hope that they make it default in the mod though so that we dont have to run additional mods and force players to add extra launching options like with overpoch..

That was what Awol said...

We will see it from what I have read in the past.

There are other maps I like too, other than Chernarus. But who would like to step up and open the buildings up? I am not smart, not even Fredo smart!

Slightly off topic? I read a forum post of someone wanting help with combining Takkastan with Chernarus, Don't know if that was real?

A port shouldn't be too difficult to do :)

We ported A3 Wasteland to Takistan, it's just a case of moving things with fixed locations, fixing errors as you find them and other small but time consuming tasks.

Older maps look stunning with the A3 engine, brings new life to the old maps we all know and love

I saw this on the BI forum the other day and it got me thinking about how much i enjoy Panthera.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185626-IceBreakr-IBIS-Island-Panthera-for-A3

Saranhi is also in developement although its kinda stalled at the minute, there's also a lovely looking Ukraine map being made but Nova Zona is the one that gets me excited, it's stunning.

Yeah I did not like Altis that much when I started playing on it.  It took a while before I started getting used to it.  It's definitely more PvP friendly than Cherna was.

They can't just port Chernarus+, it was created and owned by the team that developed DayZ Standalone.  I think it would be legal to port the original Chernarus since it is a BI original.  Personally, I'd be content if I never saw Chernarus again... it was great while it lasted(which was a long frickin time).  I'm pretty sure Icebreakr was creating a new map for Arma 3.. forget what it was called now.  I think he started making it for Arma 2 a while back and stopped and decided to start making it for Arma 3.  I haven't seen anything new on that though.

I saw this on the BI forum the other day and it got me thinking about how much i enjoy Panthera.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185626-IceBreakr-IBIS-Island-Panthera-for-A3

We ran our server on Panthera for a few months.  I didn't like it that much though.  I thought Lingor was a lot better.  I had plans to run a jet ski race on Panthera and never did get enough people to get into it. XD  We were able to take a jet ski all the way inland, would of been a cool race.  Even had some thins set up in the editor for it.  Jet skis in Arma 2 were a pain in the ass to drive though.

Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but Cherno plus is coming to A3 officially:

https://store.bistudio.com/

Something is coming but will it be Chernarus + ? :unsure: I hope so but it also says "Experience zombie filled Chernarus from a brand new perspective!"

I just hope it's not some shity mobile game for Android/iOS, the new perspective could be a mobile device, time will tell.

Something is coming but will it be Chernarus + ? :unsure: I hope so but it also says "Experience zombie filled Chernarus from a brand new perspective!"

I just hope it's not some shity mobile game for Android/iOS, the new perspective could be a mobile device, time will tell.

Someone from twitch chat said it was confirmed... but yeah .. internet. However if it is true, that'd bring ton of assets for devs to play with

When you have a map utilizing the Arma 3 graphics why would you want to switch back to chernarus using 4 year old Arma 2 low res graphics?

Low rez graphics? The hell are you talking about, son...

They can easily double the cell amount per pixel on heightmap as well as include normal maps while porting over from Visitor to TB by just simply adjusting few sliders (incl 3rd party tools), but there's absolutely no need for that, as it is more for e-penis than actual visual gain.

If you meant vegetation, it won't get better than it is atm, there's literary no reason to force more polies or higher texture resolution on these guys.