80 player on a server - workaround?

Capwned

The reason for this post is the lagg or desync on nearly every server. After the server is running longer than ~30 min it is nearly impossible e.g. to kill ppl walking downstairs or engaging ppl in cqc on a tactical way. The best one is still shooting froozen helis down or? This are a few out of many problems causing out of the lagg with 80 ppl on the server.

But this is not the only problem with 80 player on the server. 80 player = more cars needed, more basebuildingparts and stuff like that which will decrease the fps and increase the lagg in the future dramatically.

Arma 2 Epoch was a good example for this but it looks like not everyone was listening during that lesson.

Another big problem are the server rules in the near future. There was no server back in the old epoch working without them because stuff like "no glitching" needed to be a rule. But controling a server with 80 player at the same time or even more will end in a shit chat contest.

So why are we playing with big amount of players like this? I think the map "Altis" is the problem. It is so huge and you need a eternity to walk from the south west to the north east. The coastline is longer than 100km and every area with reefs and bushes feels even more bigger than it actually is. Nearly every house is walkable which make every small town to a hide and seek place.  To play on this map with the old amount of 45-55 players would be no fun at all. But only  that amount of player looks like a good tradeoff between the desync and the gameplay. Since the last update it feels even more that they are focusing on this map with stuff like the solarpannels, energypacks or electronic stuff for bases. Are no other good maps out there like chernarus ? ( yeah yeah you played that map so many times but look how nice the map looks in the sa).

Maybe they not able to adopt other maps because of the arma event ( no idear)? Maybe after the event? Or are we going to see this after the serverfile release?

I think 70-90 players and altis are not the way to go. 

Sorry for some grammar mistakes!

the desync and laggs start since the new arma update 3.14..... bohemia likes to broke arma with each update.

no desync and no laggs and more fps in arma v 3.12.

its not epoch or the server, it is arma himself..... f**k bohemia !

A lot players in my group have desync problems since the whitelist alpha with more than 60 ppl on the server. And at that time was the amount of cars and baseparts rly low.

If you place 200 ppl on a bf4 map what do you think will happen?

This game is designed for a limited amout of players. 

What GPU/CPU/ram you running? I get around 90fps with 80 players on and no desync.

Since last night a few of the servers inc ours have been running a new DLL that improves performance.

I have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti and a Intel Core i7 2600k at 3,4GHz atm. I have 60fps on a server like skaronator and 20-30 on MGT with most options  high or very. Most of my friends have better  graphic cards like the new 970 or 980. But they have the same fps problems on full and laggy servers. Have to say that the fps are not our main problem with the mod atm. Compared to the standalone this is a fps heaven.

Why is it so hard just to accept someone is telling the fact on his PC ?

Al lthis guys with their High End PC´s....90 fps ? nice! can u give me money for upgrade my PC from 35 fps to 90 fps?

Come on, it cant be that we all have to buy better PC components....

Quote MGT :  "is simply impossible"

MGT are you sitting next to him so you can see he is telling us not the truth?

60fps on one and 20fps on another is simply impossible, a 560ti would struggle to get 60fps on an empty server with low settings.

Pls dont throw out statements like that. This is a working system for Arma 3. Some screens from 5 secs ago on the skaronator server. Nearly 66 player. Same fps with 80. Pls dont leed this thread into  a hardware bashing. 

Fps with my favorite pvp graphics

kfWlQFN.jpg

i7 5820k @ 4.2GHz (More raw GHz = more fps in Arma)

GTX 970 SC

16 GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz.

GAME: min-max

KOTH: 20-50 FPS (Somehow really bad)

Epoch: 40-100 FPS

Editor: 60-150 FPS

Arma will never go above 50% GPU usage nor over 38% CPU.

Have to take these with a bit of salt tho.

It is dependant from how long server has been up, which server, amount of ppl online, the area you are in,...

The only real 'fix' for all the problems everyone has, is not in any of our hands, it lies with BI.

Recode the resource utilization for Arma, but that is something I don't think we'll see soon.

I don't think graphics cards are a good indication of the performance you will get in Arma. Sure, the graphics card matters some, but Arma is a really CPU intensive game. As for the desync and bad fps issue, this is really an Arma problem and the Epoch devs have done a lot to improve performance already. 

This seems to be a common trend when a new game / mod comes out, a lot of hosting providers try to get away with the bare minimum specs on the VM to run the server on so they can sell more of them on the same physical hardware, you basically need to raise it with your hosting provider and whinge a lot until they finally fold and increase the specs of the VM.

60fps on one and 20fps on another is simply impossible, a 560ti would struggle to get 60fps on an empty server with low settings.

Why is it so hard just to accept someone is telling the fact on his PC ?

Al lthis guys with their High End PC´s....90 fps ? nice! can u give me money for upgrade my PC from 35 fps to 90 fps?

Come on, it cant be that we all have to buy better PC components....

Quote MGT :  "is simply impossible"

MGT are you sitting next to him so you can see he is telling us not the truth?

Mells house = 60 fps

MGT = 30-maybe 35 fps

BDKOTH = jumpy 50-60

Skaronator = 35-40 max

I7 4770K, GTX690, 16 GB ram, Arma installed on SSD. Have my FPS Capped at 60FPS to reduce spikes uncapped before update it was 90+

You're obviously in Kavala or have something wrong with your system or are just trying to smear us :huh: , just took this using infiSTAR's ingame fps counter on my server with 80 players on, 2600k @4.7ghz and 7970 @ 1150mhz 16gb Corsair Vengeance @1866mhz

1614420_10153367072421494_75165341820960