DAFUQ is with the new helis, dem mechanics though

SmokieMcPot

Seriously, they fucking suck! i went into the A3 editor trying to see if i could practice with the new choppers as they were COMPLETELY different to fly but once i got in and them spawned it seems they are just like every other chopper in game. what gives?

example, found the new transport chopper and got excited as hell, hopped in and couldnt start it with the normal shift button so i scrolled to start and once i did i pressed shift and the heli went up no problem. Z on the other hand shuts off the engine almost completely instead of the gradual throttle lift. so the chopper began to plummit to the ground and end of story

SO MUCH RAGE! all my hopes and dreams built and crushed in the matter of minutes

If all your hopes and dreams have been ended by a video game, you need to get your priorities straight.

As for the new Rotor Lib mechanics, they are awesome, but not for everyone, hopefully this will now weed out useless pilots and only the best will be able to savour the satisfaction of taking off, flying and landing.

I got a cool story:

I found a freshspawn new transport heli close to restart.

While restart i bought the DLC :D

Then after restart i got in,

flew 2 km to pick up my friend.

While landing i pressed Z for going down.

I wanted to get slower and pressed ( used to the ArmA2 bindings) Q to get up again.

Of course i crashed into my friend

and we both died :D

The End.

Its a pretty decent sim once you get the hang of collector control , what alot of guys are having ussues with is when they try to use the sane system as before which results in a fiery ball of death (myself included). If you hold in z you will see the power bar (2nd from right) drop , you must gauge this so as not to take away too much power , above this is where it will indicate how many metres per second you are ascending/descending.

for optimum results bind the analogue control to a joystick rather than a keypress as its much more responsive and has the added advantage of being able to set a certain value quickly.

practicing in the editor is easy , theres an option which allows you to turn the advanced flight model on/off.

The Problem is the new 'Advanced flight model'. Normaly everybody can set it to advanced or normal (the old one). But on 'veteran' difficulty the advanced model is set and you can't change. The devs can edit the server.config so the flight model can set clientside :) Would be good if they change it like this :) 

SmokieMCPot in Arma3 by default are the old flight model, so if you want to practice you must switch to the new one.  Go to Configuration of Arma3 - Game or Gameplay, and you see an option to activate de Advanced Flight Model, then you can go to the editor and have fun with the new system!

Please stop crying, the new system is awesome!!! is hard yes, difficult yes! but 100% more real! and you have to get the skill now to drive helis!!!

I wish this many people would rally for first person only! I really can see the bambis winning out though.

People complaining its too hard because they dont have a controller or joystick.. soon they'll be crying because they cant aim as fast as someone else because their IRL reactions arent good enough, so we'll all end up with 1 hp, 1 gun, 1 bullet and 1 button.. who ever presses the button makes both people accurately shoot at each other and you both die at exactly the same time. There you go, now thats fairness right!?

The funny thing is, you would have had to learn how to use the old flying system and at first even that can be a bit of a nightmare, then you learn it and its fine. People dont like change because they're lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Take your skirts off, cancel your manicures, grow moustaches and harden the fuck up.

I wish this many people would rally for first person only! I really can see the bambis winning out though.

People complaining its too hard because they dont have a controller or joystick.. soon they'll be crying because they cant aim as fast as someone else because their IRL reactions arent good enough, so we'll all end up with 1 hp, 1 gun, 1 bullet and 1 button.. who ever presses the button makes both people accurately shoot at each other and you both die at exactly the same time. There you go, now thats fairness right!?

The funny thing is, you would have had to learn how to use the old flying system and at first even that can be a bit of a nightmare, then you learn it and its fine. People dont like change because they're lazy

Take your skirts off, cancel your manicures, grow moustaches and harden the fuck up.

He is the boss in person. Check his stream and you will see it at his body.

The new system is a bit more challenging and a whole lot more rewarding then the one everyone's used to.

Yes, joystick makes a huge difference, as it did (at least for me) in the old system. I couldn't fly well without the stick, now it's even harder. I like that.

Following point could be the topic of a debate I guess. I like that it actually takes some practice to be able to fly a helicopter, and not every single player can just hop in and fly like they studied it in first grade. If you wanna go down the 'realism' path - if any of us fucks saw a heli in a desert, would you be able to fly it? My guess is no... Maybe you could take off, if you had hours on end in a simulator. Landing would be a CF.

It was funny seeing crashes all over the map in the first hours after the patch :D I crashed the bird I spent quite a while finding, repairing, fueling... just because I didn't check out the editor first and discovered I need to re-bind my collective control. Oh well... Couldn't land with the keys, so I crashed and burned. Lesson learned. Hell, even a mate of mine who is an expert pilot couldn't fly quite well with keys (not sure if it's the fact he was in a Orca and I was in a Littlebird, could be different).

On a different note, I think that since the patch, if you crash, your body doesn't appear anywhere on the ground. Bug or feature?

It really comes down to whatever the owners of the server want to set.   It's never going to be a "global" thing.

I'm sure you know that though.

Smokie you actually took the time to post and cry about how bad of a pilot you are.........  :lol:  Go play COD

out fly your ass anyday bud, and actually the point of this post was to cry about the flying mechanics in the update, just lost a third chopper to this bullshit, was spawned on a hill so i hop in and start the motor up, before it can take of it proceeds to slide down the hill bounce and start spinning into a tree..

its too slow to take off and too quick to drop from the sky

There is a thermal Vision in both of the new helis and they arent tradeable, they should be removed as of now.

The cargoheli has some weird bugs like jumping when getting into Pilot seat and killing or damaging surrounding infantry w/o any reason... Also they block all tge spawnslots for the normal helus, so i cant fly anyways

I havent really had any issues with the new flight model.  Sure you have to watch out to not put to much stress on the rotors but other than that i actually like it.  Definitely separates those who know how to fly and finesse from those that arcade through it.  You have no idea how many ppl crash and burn in all the different mods Ive played.  I find it funny in a way

There is a thermal Vision in both of the new helis and they arent tradeable, they should be removed as of now.

The cargoheli has some weird bugs like jumping when getting into Pilot seat and killing or damaging surrounding infantry w/o any reason... Also they block all tge spawnslots for the normal helus, so i cant fly anyways

there is thermal?  I dont think that is right.

Just checked Taru does have thermal but huron does not.  Honestly it doesnt really matter because when looking through that scope you miss stuff half the time anyway but meh.