Suggestions

Nick Collins

1. Random Teleporter, I've been playing alot on the arma 3 epoch servers and it came to my notice that you only have three teleporters, they all lead to three different locations but they can be camped so my suggestion was that they add another one,that will teleport you to a random location on the map so that the whole map will be used.

2. Rare Trader, Maybe a trader that will appear on the map just like the epicenter and the shipping container, but this trader sells rare items that are not sold by players like building supplies alot of them so that lone wolves also have a change to make a base.

3. Safes, i ran into an issue where players glitch into your base and steal all your stuff. Its kinda annoying that there is no way to secure that the next day that you wake up and start playing epoch that your stuff still is there, the only way for now is to make a flooding base, but that is not an solution for everyone.

4. Shelfs Buff, So in the last update shelfs got nerfed hard you only can put three weapons

into it and its already full, its already hard to find three small metal to make one.

So maybe make an option where you can upgrade the shelf with 1 small metal so there can be more storage space in it.

Patch 0.2 made alot of great changes and if its going to keep going this way this mod will be for sure one of the best mods on arma3, keep up the good work dev's.

As for number 4, the devs have said that the storage limitation in tipis/shelves is an Arma problem and they are working to get the storage capacity back up. 

For number 3, there are lock boxes, pretty much a safe, but they are extremely rare. 

I would also like to see number 1, kind of gets old spawning in the same three places, I liked the A2 Epoch random spawn.

I like nr 1 & 2, cool ideas..

As for nr 3, if safes are put in, they should be coded like old epoch or some other form of locking not related to the biometrics, like the doorlock and cars..
If it's not locked on a timer that is (like the cars)
It should still be possible to break in to the safes.

Old epoch had a 4 digit code, that's a shitload of possibilities but still possible to crack..

I like nr 1 & 2, cool ideas..

As for nr 3, if safes are put in, they should be coded like old epoch or some other form of locking not related to the biometrics, like the doorlock and cars..

If it's not locked on a timer that is (like the cars)

It should still be possible to break in to the safes.

Old epoch had a 4 digit code, that's a shitload of possibilities but still possible to crack..

Yeah i do love the epoch a2 version alot so many good memories, i hope to see soon that people start hosting epoch on new/old maps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for making such an amazing mod

1. For me I like this idea but, I think Awol's guys are trying to make it (as cliche as it sounds) more realistic. See you are using a man hole or sewer pipe to get you to where you end up. If it was a teleporter well, Wil Weaton better be playing too.

I would like it if you get the 3 choices from start as is for now but the 3 places you end up at you get your choice of those 3 to go back to and you get one more place to go. But you can always go back. That would help ditch spawn campers...maybe.

I think the reason that they only put in the ones that they have are because the servers are 100 capacity servers. They maybe doing a try run to see if it rock solid. But I think a mod for A3 called Warfare has 6 possible places to port to. But that was when A3 came out and Alpha stage.

Heres a lil idea i had.

building takes a lot of energy.... sooo maybe a generator . a few scrap metal and electronic components and bam a generator to place in you base... maybe have it so you have to full it with jerry cans the it can be like the solar/wind tower the gie you energy within a cartain range.

along with that my mate mrsilentnight came up with the idea of a rain catcher at your base so you can fill water jars.

there's al sorts of random base utilitys you could have

generator

rain catcher

vehicle repair bench

medical bed

the list goes on but all craft and placeable to give a base more purpose then just loot storage.

Heres a lil idea i had.

building takes a lot of energy.... sooo maybe a generator . a few scrap metal and electronic components and bam a generator to place in you base... maybe have it so you have to full it with jerry cans the it can be like the solar/wind tower the gie you energy within a cartain range.

along with that my mate mrsilentnight came up with the idea of a rain catcher at your base so you can fill water jars.

there's al sorts of random base utilitys you could have

generator

rain catcher

vehicle repair bench

medical bed

the list goes on but all craft and placeable to give a base more purpose then just loot storage.

+1 on the Rain catcher and the generator would love to see that in the game.

Though that it would be handy if you could get a running taley of the upkeep cost of your base from your jammer. so basically you would have 2 scrolwheel options when going up to the jammer one woud be calculate upkeep cost the other obviously upkeep. would just be nice to know the tally so you can determine how big to go so that you know you can upkeep it

Though that it would be handy if you could get a running taley of the upkeep cost of your base from your jammer. so basically you would have 2 scrolwheel options when going up to the jammer one woud be calculate upkeep cost the other obviously upkeep. would just be nice to know the tally so you can determine how big to go so that you know you can upkeep it

They had this feature in A2 Epoch, hopefully the devs will bring it to A3 Epoch.

My opinion:

1) I like the idea, but believe it wouldn't work. Camping the spawn points is an issue, but at the same time offer a way to kill yourself in the fire provided in order to choose a different spawn. Spawning somewhere in the middle of the map could work potentially, but would need many different variables. Don't spawn near a person's base, don't spawn near a person ect. Spawning out in the middle of nowhere with no help of a "safe zone", could be worse then spawning in a spawn point with campers. At least active admins can regulate this somewhat and try to help with the spawn camping. 

2)Absolutely love this idea. It could be awesome to have an incident in which a black market trader will appear with a limited amount of loot to be purchased. 

3)From what i have seen, there are tons of lock boxes available. The chance of finding a lock box has been increased and those are indestructable. great place to hide near a spawn point in which you can gear up faster after death. 

4) Agree, I believe shelfs should be upgradeable to a cabinet. Using scrap metal, you should be able to upgrade a shelf into a cabinet in order to store more things. gives a person the option of having a shelf or cabinet. 

Anything gonna happen in the way of building objects?

Seems sorta limited right now with 3 objects.

And then there is A3's strict  physics.

Epochs ace-in-the-hole in my mind is building.  A3 isn't doing it any favors the way it's sitting right now.

From what I've experienced on the building so far.. I'm sort of not impressed...  Just saying.

Not blaming you guys ... I know you are working with what you got in A3.

Guess I'm really hoping it gets some attention down the road.

Cheers and great job so far!

Safes would be great to have, have not found a lock box and I have been looting for months...

any plans to make other objects lootable? I see many other objects in the world, ie, scrap piles, water jugs, etc.. Would be cool to loot those too.

Safes would be great to have, have not found a lock box and I have been looting for months...

any plans to make other objects lootable? I see many other objects in the world, ie, scrap piles, water jugs, etc.. Would be cool to loot those too.

You can use an empty jar and the blue water jugs to make a jar full of water you can drink, you can also get loot from several different types of crates and trash piles by pressing "i" when looking at them, if you didn't know already.

Suggestions 

make the game more atmospheric

tornado

earthquake

thunder and lightning

We already have earthquakes around the epicenters when they spawn in. There are also lightning and thunder some times with or without rain. 

I think they have done a great job with the environment so far. 

***EDIT***

As for the ideas of the following

Random Teleporter= +1 would be great to have a 4th plate that would spawn you anywhere on the map. 

Rare Trader= No, I like the fact that traders only have what they are sold. This is a great idea and makes a player driven economy that is more true to life. 

Safes = +1 there have been a number of requests for larger storage so that you can hide gear until the building of a base. vbawol already has posted that lockboxes will spawn more after the next patch. 

Shelves and Tipi are issues they are working on with A3. I bet the next patch we will see some changes to that.