Discussion: Official Server Files Release Date!

vbawol

@Devs how the loot stuff will happen in custom map buildings ?

Let's say i wan't to make like a church in the middle of the huge salt desert, and i add it to the mission.sqm for my server.

Will this church is going to spawn loot ?

If it's an Arma 3 building that is defined in the A3E config then it has the capability to spawn loot. 

If it's an Arma 3 building that is defined in the A3E config then it has the capability to spawn loot. 

But you should be possible to add your owns like in A2DE. If i'm right?

Just define them like your custom lootables in A2DE. But then in the A3E style.

If i'm right?

But you should be possible to add your owns like in A2DE. If i'm right?

Just define them like your custom lootables in A2DE. But then in the A3E style.

If i'm right?

Yes, it's a little harder though as you have to place them as a Physx object and avoid clipping the building when searching certain loot items.

Yes, it's a little harder though as you have to place them as a Physx object and avoid clipping the building when searching certain loot items.

ya lol, i'll need to hire a guy to do the monkey work going through eveyrbuilding getting relative coords for the objects inside xD

Sounds like a good feature for the guys to add to the admin tool! Press a button and it logs your coords to a txt or log file. Then once you get out of game you have all your loot positions and it's just copy/paste from there. B)

Like infistar does you mean????

Cough cough

There's tool for that already, easy to port to A3:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/Tools/Loot%20Position

A modified version was used to create snap points for SBP, too

a question about that and the way of placing object.

The position u specified will get a Object spoint like the sofa or closet. Now, is the center the position or is the left corner the position ? ^^ i think u must watch out whit clipping into walls and stuff?

a question about that and the way of placing object.

The position u specified will get a Object spoint like the sofa or closet. Now, is the center the position or is the left corner the position ? ^^ i think u must watch out whit clipping into walls and stuff?

The way it works is quite simple:

First you specify an object you want to add loot positions to - like a vehicle, furniture, building or even road wrecks, you name it... as long as it has classnames (trees don't)

A marker will be spawned and attached to player.

You use marker to translate world position into targeted object's local position.... so a position from Object's origin/pivot.

When spawning loot into world using one of these objects, a local position is read first and then translated into a world position and loot is spawned.

This allows for dynamic positions of your target objects... which means same object can be anywhere in world and it will retain exact loot positions.... 

For example - instead of marking every single house model on the map, you only need to mark every single type of house model only (class name)

Hopefully the mission .pbos are still going to be free game at the very least, just for small server modifications, and custom AI missions added to the sqm.. will give servers something to make them stand out from the rest a bit..

Indeed. There's several scripts that I use in my missions that I have been looking forward to using in Epoch. If we aren't allowed to script our servers, then ill say fuck it and just run a private locked server for just my friends.

I'm so bummed. I sure hope we can at least add simple client side scripts. That's what made hosting a2 epoch servers so fun. I could spend hours making scripts and making my server MINE. Don't get me wrong I love epoch and have tons of fun on it but if we cannot script it and add stuff I will lose all interest in hosting a server. I preordered a server they day you could and already started making scripts to try when it came out and was so excited and now that I saw this I'm crushed.