Discussion: Official Server Files Release Date!

vbawol

Not sure why so many people want to run their own server. The official ones were rarely full. Now we are going to have a 1000 servers with 3 people on each. I wish the guys stuck to their original plan and waited a while longer to go public and picked a couple of extra communities to host.

Some people want to be the "boss". Others want to provide a well admin'd experience. I want to run a server because I don't trust GSP hosting companies to do the right thing (Vert, GTX Gaming...). I'd rather not have a company who promises they are the best and brightest not be able to fix a server issue in 5 minutes when they should be able to. And besides, we're paying for our own servers, so why not host one?

As a server administrator I want full, unbridled control of my game environments. I actually don't want the shifty built-in admin scripts. For ARMA 2 DayZ Epoch, I actually wrote our admins their own admin tools, and they worked flawlessly. All people like me want is for mod developers to not be cunts and not withhold the server-side mod files (KoTH, Battle Royale, Breaking Point, e.t.c). That's why we support the Epoch team :)

Some people want to be the "boss". Others want to provide a well admin'd experience. I want to run a server because I don't trust GSP hosting companies to do the right thing (Vert, GTX Gaming...). I'd rather not have a company who promises they are the best and brightest not be able to fix a server issue in 5 minutes when they should be able to. And besides, we're paying for our own servers, so why not host one?

As a server administrator I want full, unbridled control of my game environments. I actually don't want the shitty built-in admin scripts. For ARMA 2 DayZ Epoch, I actually wrote our admins their own admin tools, and they worked flawlessly. All people like me want is for mod developers to not be cunts and not withhold the server-side mod files (KoTH, Battle Royale, Breaking Point, e.t.c). That's why we support the Epoch team :)

I read this post with an Irish accent for some reason lol.

Thanks for the release guys! Excellent work, and really appreciate all the hard effort that went into releasing the files when you said you would. Good job!

I have 1 server up and running right now, I'll be adding a 2nd one in a few hours. Altis & Stratis.

Great job!