Discussion: Official Server Files Release Date!

vbawol

I'm sitting in the corner of my room rocking back and forth, teeth chattering, shacking, chewing my nails... wondering how long until my server hoster has the files :S I think I may be having a break down :o

Hang in there bro.

I wonder when the server files are coming for the community and not only for the commercial hosters. Is it still all about money?

I'd like to know what money you speak of. None of the GSP's give us money for anything. But as a thank you for the dedicated servers they provided, we are giving them access to server files a bit earlier. 

Right now we have a couple of major issues that need to be sorted before we pass out the server files. Like AWOL said it might be a bit late but we will try to get them out today. 

I'd like to know what money you speak of. None of the GSP's give us money for anything. But as a thank you for the dedicated servers they provided, we are giving them access to server files a bit earlier. 

Right now we have a couple of major issues that need to be sorted before we pass out the server files. Like AWOL said it might be a bit late but we will try to get them out today. 

Well said.

Mada i see your point but if i may. I want to have my own server because i have a community of 169 members. My dedi box that i pay 230.00 a month is a beast and performs to great levels. I and our members will not play on a low end server.

Mada i see your point but if i may. I want to have my own server because i have a community of 169 members. My dedi box that i pay 230.00 a month is a beast and performs to great levels. I and our members will not play on a low end server.

even if there are only 20 that play on my server at a time i rather have quality over quantity.

Out of curiosity, how my HDD space will a single server instance take up? Including Arma3 files, mod files? Eg: An Arma2 Epoch server with some mods takes up roughly 22GB.

I'm hoping to pre-allocate some resources on my server. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, how my HDD space will a single server instance take up? Including Arma3 files, mod files? Eg: An Arma2 Epoch server with some mods takes up roughly 22GB.

I'm hoping to pre-allocate some resources on my server. Thanks!

you can use SteamCMD for Arma3 Server files.  It's waaaaaaaay less.  2GB to be exact.