Is there anyway for the dev's to remove advange flying.

Nick Collins

I feel Advanced Flight Mechanic's Should Be Forced. This is a Simulator Game Not Call Of Duty! 

No its arma and as everyone know arma always have alot of bugs and issues so expect to have your engine shutdown mid air and other shit, i got 2k arma 3 time on my account and i flyed alot and now with this advance flying it makes it boring

It makes flying no more fun, you cannot land fast to drop off teammates, you have a bigger change to crash for no reason at all because arma 3 engine is ....

hai smell casual

i've sunk quite a bit of time into take on helicopters (which the new flight model or as nick put it "advange flying") ill chuck a video together tonight of how to fly with the new flight model and why people are hitting the ground and turning into a ball of fire and how not to be a ball of fire XD

EDIT: no need to do a video as they haven't added a lot of the fancy stuff from the dev build , just a few things like manual collective control and rpm etc

Nick Collins what are your arguments to says that the Advanced Flight Model are bugged? Only because you can´t fly arcadish like before? Like said before, this is a simulator and in this case with this mod a survival simulator.

Why fly helicopter must by arcade and so easy for use it for randoms noobs??? Use a Heli must be challenger and hard!

About that the heli engine shutdown mid air is because you stress it so much or you accidentally hit the option to shutdown.

I actually like the advanced flight model. BUT Im a student pilot IRL. (Fixed wing, not helis, but a lot of the concepts are the same.) Big thing about it is understanding the flight instruments. I'm actually planning on making a video on the instruments and how to read/use them in game.

Nick Collins what are your arguments to says that the Advanced Flight Model are bugged? Only because you can´t fly arcadish like before? Like said before, this is a simulator and in this case with this mod a survival simulator.

Why fly helicopter must by arcade and so easy for use it for randoms noobs??? Use a Heli must be challenger and hard!

About that the heli engine shutdown mid air is because you stress it so much or you accidentally hit the option to shutdown.

After one day of flying around on skaranator, it actually is very easy we lost one helicopter because of the server shutting down when we are flying in the air, I've played many hours on arma 3 and most of the time on the ground as a soldier and dont really like to fly around, i didnt want to start any argument was totally not needed here. Alot of other people already told me and one even commented with a video link and that actually did help me out, maybe instead of commenting with "RANDOM NOOBS" you can use your brain and try to help people out. I made this topic way to early wen the dlc came out and i went into one of the helicopters, it crashed but yeah that was my own fault.

Practiced a bit today with the editor after killing myself and the guys last night :)

Once you get the hang of collector control its fairly straightforward to get the basics , mastering them will take a bit more time. Which I have to say I like , personally id like it kept on and not dumbed down to the old flight model. Theres a steep learning curve to the heli and it should be that way , simulator is a good example rather than the arcade style we had before.

finally a use for my analogue throttle control on joystick , I find you really need the sensitivity and quick response of the analogue over a keystroke/button press.

I know some wont like that opinion but personally I prefer it , add wind , humidity and turbulence an you got my vote for president!!.

As I said in my earlier post, This Is a Simulator Game, NOT CALL OF DUTY !  

I get so tired of seeing people pulling air stunts or fast dive strafe runs that can not be done all together with out your main rotor failing or breaking. I really like the new flight model, and yes for those of you who are saying the engine sounds like it going to stall is because you can not fly like it's an arcade game. Spend some time practicing in the editor or get Take on Helicopters, either way this was a much needed add to the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the real pilots show up and not the average player playing CALL OF DUTY crap gaming  run and gun, and 90 degree strafe run dives. As far as Locking first person view, No it's a game and to be honest that is what a Hard Core server is for. 

finally a use for my analogue throttle control on joystick , I find you really need the sensitivity and quick response of the analogue over a keystroke/button press.

Well, nuff said. This is the problem point - I don't know about the others, but flying on keyboard for me seems now too diffucult, and not all gamers have analogue controller. I had a rough time even with Xbox controller, and as for me - it's a little bit too much hardcore with advanced model.