Externized

Question

Dear survivors, 

I have a common bug on my server, every once in like 5-6 days it comes up. There are like 30-40 players online at that moment and from one on the other moment, other joined players can't get in the server anymore. It just says waiting for character to create OR must be close to a rock to mine. So fresh joined players can't play and get in but the ones playing right at that moment can just play untill they leave, so i have to restart the whole server. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Yes, these days I read something in a bug report for arma that if there is someone on the server with a very bad network connection (ow bandwidth), it blocks all other players which want to join. If you kick this single player, the others all join again.

Maybe this is your problem...don't know. And if I remember correctly there was no real fix/workaround. In battleye you can define that a player gets kicked if the 'ping' is too high. But there is no kick option for players where the bandwidth is very low (as far as I know).

Edit: here is the link: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/27001

Let me know if the procedure of locating such a player worked and kicking this player helped ,)

Yes, these days I read something in a bug report for arma that if there is someone on the server with a very bad network connection (ow bandwidth), it blocks all other players which want to join. If you kick this single player, the others all join again.

Maybe this is your problem...don't know. And if I remember correctly there was no real fix/workaround. In battleye you can define that a player gets kicked if the 'ping' is too high. But there is no kick option for players where the bandwidth is very low (as far as I know).

Edit: here is the link: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/27001

Let me know if the procedure of locating such a player worked and kicking this player helped ,)

Will try if it comes up, thanks mate! :D 

It happened today and kicked everyone with lower than 200 Bandwith nothing worked, this is a piece of my server.rpt log;

21:49:12 Client: Remote object 114:0 not found
21:49:17 "infiSTAR.de PlayerDisconnected: _uid: xxxxxxxxxxxx   _name: xxxxx"
21:49:17 "nil player object attempting PV, :["uidxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","namexxxx"]"
21:49:17 "get: STRING (), sent: STRING (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
21:49:17 "DISCONNECT: xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxx) Object: 2f25a040# 1061675: man_survivor.p3d, _characterID: 17510 at loc [12689.6,12284.2,0.00141907]"
21:49:17 Client: Remote object 109:1 not found
21:49:28 "CLEANUP: Deleted 127 Loot Piles out of 818"
21:49:37 "infiSTAR.de PlayerDisconnected: _uid: xxxxxx   _name: xxxxxxxx "
21:49:37 "nil player object attempting PV, :["uidxxxx","namexxxx "]"
21:49:37 "z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_onPlayerDisconnect.sqf: nil player object, _this:["uidxxxxxxxxx","namexxxxxx "]"
21:49:37 Client: Remote object 91:1 not found
21:49:39 "Purging player: 583bc080# 1067243: overall.p3d"
21:49:41 "infiSTAR.de PlayerConnected: _uid: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   _name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
21:49:50 "Purging player: 52784080# 1066930: man_survivor.p3d"
21:49:56 "nil player object attempting PV, :["UIDxxxxxxx","Namexxxx"]"