Glitching throught a Base.

Nick Collins

So me and my buddies started to play on arma 3 epoch servers on saturday we are a group of 3 players, we made a couple of floors/walls and a gate we closed it all off and then we left our base.
After one hour we came back to our base and someone was glitched inside our base and all our items where stolen from our shelfs, no walls where blown out or anything.

So me and my buddies started to play on arma 3 epoch servers on saturday we are a group of 3 players, we made a couple of floors/walls and a gate we closed it all off and then we left our base.

After one hour we came back to our base and someone was glitched inside our base and all our items where stolen from our shelfs, no walls where blown out or anything.

Very easy to glitch in bases at the moment (you don't need to be a hacker, anyone can do it), best solution right now is to make a floating base with a removable bridge/stairs up to it (only works if you have a frequency jammer).

it way to easy. I come on to find my stuff done from inside my base, even know all walls and so on are still up and I have jammer. next day I come to my base to find a truck park right up to the wall of my base. the fucker was using the truck to Glitch pass the wall. but the funny thing is he could not get back out and I found his body on the other side of my base were he tried to Glitch back out but was killed trying somehow. so took my stuff off his body and went to his truck. he had 16 Bucket of Motar in it and some other good stuff so in end was a win for me. I blow up his truck as well.

really wish I knew the guys name to get his ass ban, just so sad to do that crap.

Ill post this her as well as general discussion.:

Start doubling up on your walls if you want full protection. the mod is in alpha arma istself is pretty much still in beta . We are here testing specifically to find these glitches and report them. if you see someone else taking the initiative to find a hole. then you should take that same initiative and either find a way to fix it or report the issue to someone that can. complaining about a tester testing your base and base building parts for weaknesses/exploits rather then offering specific information about how they are doing it or how it can be fixes is a waste of everyone's time.

Any single layer Thin wall.(metal sheds, epoch corrugated walls,and any epoch door) can be vaulted or Crawled through very easily.

Currently a single layer of corrugated wall is more of a deterrent as it makes a player vulnerable as they climb through it. honestly this is fine in my opinios a corrugated eta sheet nailed to some 2x4's is not going to be very difficult to dismantle or make a hole in with your bare hands.

you can climb through using vault, going prone, or holstering and then taking your weapon out again.

doubling up your walls or using cinder walls solves this until a better fix can be made.

the biggest issues with epoch right now are not the insecurity of your stash.

1: Combat logging. anyone is able to log out (after a short 10 seconds)  or force quit the mission instantly. anytime they want regardless if they are being shot at or are shooting at someone. A sniper shoots at someone then logs out immediately and waits 5-10 minutes while people scan for or run off trying to find the guy or his location trying to find someone that isn't there anymore. after a safe time (10-15 minutes) the sniper rejoins in the same position shoots some more people and logs off again.

2: the rampant Duping of materials and equipment.

-logging off while you are still in your dead body then logging back in sometimes puts you alive at spawn island with a copy of your gear still equipped. sometimes it puts you alive with with a copy of your ----gear standing over your dead body(still equipped with the same gear).

-two or more players picking up any object from the ground or the inventory of a vehicle a the same time can duplicate that item.

this can also be done with a full uniform,chest rig, or backpack and will copy all the items inside.

-Using an Epoch vendor and a couple players with enough cash you can take any single item and copy them exponentially in the vendors inventory.

one player sells a single First Aid Kit to the vendor.

both players then buy that first aid kit at the same time.

both players sell the first aid kit( now there are two)

both players buy 2 first aid kits at the same time.

now there are 4

... etc.

keep in mind you still need krypto to be able to actually purchase the items and the vendor take a cut when you sell them.

(Adjusting and balancing Krypto values of vehicles and building materials(Especially)would make it so this was not a viable way to accumulate large amounts of valuable(but low krypto value) items