DZMS extra missions

sexy sax man

Question

I apologize in advance as im sure this has been answered before but i can't seem to find it.

How can i make DZMS run more than 2 missions simultaneously? I have WAI installed as well but ive been told that it can only handle 1 mission at a time. I've seen servers with 4+ missions running at once and I'd just like to know how, as im running a Napf server and would like for there to be a bit more to do at any given time. 

On a side note, what is the most direct way for me to create static missions in say the castles and the Array? I'd like to make them difficult with a couple static guns and possibly even a reinforcement drop, and have boxes inside with loot.

Any help is appreciated

11 answers to this question

^^ I have DZAI running as well but I would like to know how to make either DZMS or WAI run another mission. methods for both dynamic map mission and static missions would be awesome :)

For DZMS,

1) layout the basic parameters for the mission using one of the existing missions as a template.  Generate a mission file and name it using the format for the other missions, something like SM7.sqf.

2) put that file in either DZMS\Mission\Major or DZMS\Missions\Minor, depending on whether you think it is a difficult or not so difficult mission.

3) Open DZMS\DZMSConfig.sqf

4) look for a something around line 89-90 that looks like this:

DZMSMajorArray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];

DZMSMinorArray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];

and add yoru new mission. If we assume we added SM7.sqf to the Missions\Major folder then you would modify as follows:

DZMSMajorArray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7"]

You should be good to go.

For WAI 2.1.4, you can add them as follows, as far as I can tell.

1) create a file describing the mission (buildings to spawn, AI spawns, types of AI etc, using the mission template provided.

2) name the file something like "myNewMission.sqf" and place it in the WAI\missions\missions folder. You should see about 6 other missions.

3) Open WAI\mission\missionCfg.sqf

4) look for this array and add the name of your mission to that array. Remember to put a coma as needed following the format in the default file and to leave off .sqf from the name of the file when you add it, see the example below.

wai_missions = [

"armed_vehicle",

"crash_spawner",

"disabled_civchopper",

"disabled_milchopper",

"MV22",

"weapon_cache",

"convoy",

"myNewMission."

];

You should be good to go.

Well, instead of bragging about how many missions YOU have running, how about you help the OP out by telling him HOW you did it.

Didn't i cover how to have 4 different missions running latest DZMS has x2 missions running and latest WAI has 2 different missions running these both run together DZMS + WAI = 4 MISSIONS on your server

Hi, I dont think DZMS can run more than 2 missions at a given time but with other mission systems added you can have more.

It is possible to have 8+ missions running at the same time, I use DZMS x2 - Fmissions x3 Wicked Ai x3 and Hotspots x1-2

all work ok get the odd mission that wont spawn gear but over all they work fine always something for people to do on my PVE server

and then you have the crash spawners ie:  treasure hunt/supply_drop/animated_crash_spawner ect.

MegaZ