[AdminTool] (I'm back) Working on it!

CordIAsis

CSAT: Admin-Tool & Anti-Hack

A free & pretty admin-tool and anti-hack.

UPDATE

I was very ill, I'm no longer ill(ish).

Which means that I'm now working on CSAT again at long last. I've been working on it for the last 3-4 days and have already got a handful of new features implemented and made quite a few improvements on what was already there. I won't be working on this as much as I used to, I gotta keep my health in check, but the days I do work on it I'm gonna go HAM on this keyboard.

Screenies:

Patience, you must have.

Video:

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Files:

Computer says no.

Ideas:

If you have any ideas of what you might like in an admin tool, let me know.

Features: (Fractional List)

* = optional.

AH = Anti-Hack feature.

View server rules through pause menu.*

Display periodic server messages.*

Debug monitor.*

Welcome message.*

Zombie corpse cleanup.*

By extension of above: Easily modifiable humanity gains/losses from killing zombies.*

Destroyed vehicle cleanup.*

Lightweight safezones, godmode and calm zombies only.*

Remove vehicle ammo at server start and purchase.*

Completely and easily customisable function permission restrictions, on every function.

Seasonal "Easter Egg", only available if using the included dll.*

Spawn custom loadouts & boxes that can be edited on the fly.

Completely customisable menu layout.

In-game command console, type code in chat and make magic.

Instance unlock/lock of vehicles/doors/lockboxes/vaults.

AIM Teleporting, TP to where you're looking.

AH- Vehicle monitor.

AH- Remove illegaly spawned vehicles, including vehicles local to someones client. (Ban culprit client*)

AH- Teleport monitor.

AH- Persistent bans which can be disabled in-game, only available if using included dll.

AH- Logs for almost all activity types.

AH- Break functions on non-admin clients.

AH- Temporary bans.

AH- Anti-Invisibilty.

Firstly, I want to stem any and all accusations that this is infiSTAR code, it is not. I am not a thief. If i did steal infiSTAR code I would be a hell of a lot further through development than I currently am. I started this as a personal project, to learn things I didn't know. Using another persons work would negate any learning I wanted to accomplish and would make this entire thing a total waste of my own time. Yes, it does look similar to infiSTAR in it's layout, this is simply because the layout of infiSTAR is a well made layout and most other layouts utilising this GUI are not intuitive to use. So please, do not accuse me of stealing others work before you have any undeniable proof. I do not wish to be insulted and I absolutely don't want to cause any issues between the infiSTAR author and myself.

At this moment, it is only an admin tool. No antihack. As I say, this is a learning process for me so as time goes on and I learn more I will start to include antihack functionality. As for it having advantages over NoxSicarius' work, I think it has some small details as of now that will make certain tasks easier to perform. But I will never try to claim my work is better than another's, that's just rude.

@D45

I will be releasing it, but it will be a 'closed' release. To get the files you must ask me for them through a post on here or a PM. This is to control the amount of sources of the files. With it being an admin tool, and potentially an antihack in the future, files from other sources may be naughty files. No one wants naughty files on their server.

As for it having advantages over NoxSicarius' work, I think it has some small details as of now that will make certain tasks easier to perform. But I will never try to claim my work is better than another's, that's just rude.

I didn't say anything about yours being better or worse than anyone elses. I merely mentioned that the only admin tools I have used are from Nox and I didn't like particularly like the infiSTAR layout. That is what originally made me use Nox's tools. 

I didn't say anything about yours being better or worse than anyone elses. I merely mentioned that the only admin tools I have used are from Nox and I didn't like particularly like the infiSTAR layout. That is what originally made me use Nox's tools. 

I don't think he was referring to your comment.

Better Dead asked weather this tool had any advantages over Nox's admin tool, so I assume the comment was in reply to that question.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to try this on my servers...

I like that its mostly serversided.

I use and like noxs admintools... I bought infiSTAR over a year ago, but I keep forgetting about adding it when I do epoch ver patches. so I have not used it much

I have far too many scripts on my server to figure out all the new filters needed for infiSTAR.

so yah I would really like to try your admin tool...

@Calamity

You would still need some filters for my admin tools, as it relies on the use of PVs so that every action an admin makes is double checked by the server to make sure it's a legit action and not a hacker/scipter somehow forcing their way into the admin menu. It will be ready for some first time testing on live servers by people that are interested soon enough though. It's just undergone a total rewrite, from scratch, which drastically improved the security and the speed of it, there is now only a single line client side. With other real life things to be doing I'd estimate that it'd be available for first use (this would be still a dev version) in around a week.

I know Nox is planning a complete rewrite of EAT for 2.X which also includes moving it server side, why not join him instead? Almost seems like a waste of talent to see two talented scripters work on something that is practically the same.

I for one would love to have all the EAT options in a GUI like the one you use.

I know Nox is planning a complete rewrite of EAT for 2.X which also includes moving it server side, why not join him instead? Almost seems like a waste of talent to see two talented scripters work on something that is practically the same.

I for one would love to have all the EAT options in a GUI like the one you use.

That is a fair view on things and it makes sense, but I won't, atleast for the forseeable future, be combining efforts with another.

This is just because I want to keep it a personal learning experience for a while, as that was my original vision of this. It was never meant to be anything more than a learning project, but it just got a little bigger than I planned. Maybe sometime in the future something like that could happen, but for now I plan on keeping it a personal thing.