More custom weapons?

Dafteris

Simple answer Dafteris...the "EPOCH A3" Mod is developed under a special licence agreement with bohemia and the team takes part in the MakeArmaNotWar Contest. They create and distribute their mod as a Total Modification. So it is simply not allowed to use 3rd party addons in their mod.

When server files are released with the 0.5 Build then private hosters can import custom content on their servers as much as they want but at the moment that is the reason while they re only some custom made weapons for Epoch

Chaser

Use other mods/packs?  Really?  Should be rather obvious that if you use others mods/packs, then it would no longer be "Epoch".

Epoch is exactly that...  "Epoch".  Not some perversion of rip offs of other peoples work.

Like you said, they are working on it and it takes time.  Better to wait for something new and pure than just take (or steal if you prefer) from others just so you can have more "stuff".

Use other mods/packs?  Really?  Should be rather obvious that if you use others mods/packs, then it would no longer be "Epoch".

Epoch is exactly that...  "Epoch".  Not some perversion of rip offs of other peoples work.

Like you said, they are working on it and it takes time.  Better to wait for something new and pure than just take (or steal if you prefer) from others just so you can have more "stuff".

It wouldn't exactly be ripping off, because a lot of Epoch is based around scavanging. And we'll when you find 10x Lynxes loaded with APOS rounds but you cant get enough mortar to make a foundation even though you get all the trash spawns you can and drive around the map for 3 restarts is kind of stupid. If they added more weaker weapons they could reserver the stroner ones to spawn with a smaller % chance and only in high-military loot areas.

Simple answer Dafteris...the "EPOCH A3" Mod is developed under a special licence agreement with bohemia and the team takes part in the MakeArmaNotWar Contest. They create and distribute their mod as a Total Modification. So it is simply not allowed to use 3rd party addons in their mod.

When server files are released with the 0.5 Build then private hosters can import custom content on their servers as much as they want but at the moment that is the reason while they re only some custom made weapons for Epoch

Chaser

Did you guys miss this post. It explains it all clearly why they don't use others peoples mods. 

The 1911 and the rollins  and also the speargun are made by the developers 

And dont shout out on people that who want to modify epoch

epoch is a great base and every player has another understanding of what the game would be best, why not leave them the option to do so?

Spear gun?  

You know .. A gun that shoots a spear.. probably to kill sharks with mainly.

On another note.. the weapons they have so far are fine.. .I'm sure they will add more as they go.. To me it's trivial compared to other issues they are working on.

When the mod is done and others look at Overpoch etc.. then the guns will be a plenty.

I would love:

* A bolt action hunting/sniper rifle in a few calibres. .223/5.56, .308/7.62 and .338LapMag. Remmingtons, Accuracy Internationals. etc

* ABR's, LRR's and Lynx to spawn much more rarely. they are far too commonplace. You hardly ever see people rocking around with assault rifles.

* A modern AK type. 

* There is paint in the game, how about the ability to paint your weapon. Different camo patterns to be crafted by mixing different combinations of paint colours. Same for vehicles.

* Crossbow/longbow for hunting or the silent sentry kills. Could even be a crossbow pistol.

*Static/mounted weapons for base defence. Build a pintle mount then craft a zafir or Mk200 to it. Ability to put RCO or ARCO scope on mounted weapons. Can be upgraded to have an armour plate for extra protection. 

Make Arma not war lead to a lot of closed off mod development where there was historically a lot of sharing. DayZ Epoch drew from many sources. A3 epoch will no doubt do the same in time.

I give it one day after both mods server files are made public for someone to have Breaking Point and Epoch working together in harmony. (yay enfields and zombies!)

Sure ya could add every single 5.56x45mm firing gun under the sun (m4, m16 variants)...but why? The TRG and the Mk20 already do that...same with 7.62x51mm (ABR, Rahim and Zafir repruhzent).

A gun is just a tool for sending a round downrange. And there is no problem with the effectiveness of the tools at hand.

I'm sure more civilian and soviet (5.56/7.62x39mm) weapons will be added in time, but I feel they will not add anything and in the long run, end up as vendor trash. As everyone will still go for a higher calibre (6.5+) assault rifle, carbine or lmg as a main weapon with a Lynx or LRR in the backpack for distance work.

I'm sure more civilian and soviet (5.56/7.62x39mm) weapons will be added in time, but I feel they will not add anything and in the long run, end up as vendor trash. As everyone will still go for a higher calibre (6.5+) assault rifle, carbine or lmg as a main weapon with a Lynx or LRR in the backpack for distance work. 

That is why they should add bad weapons that are cheap and make the stronger ones more and more expensive, i know EPOCH isn't dayz but if you have a survival game with scavanging and the only reason you scavange is to get enough money for a car doesn't add for good gameplay. And if you do have bad weapons you know what a great feeling it is to kill someone and take his good weapon ;)

it would be nice if they would finally bring back the lootsplit into civilian and military..

Chapels are baracks, spawning more military eq than the military itself..

some low caliber weapons spawning in civilian buildings would be nice, instead of running into the next chapel..

also the lootsystem should spawn a little bit in every house instead of everything to be spawned in one house