Seperate Datebase

Sc0rc3d

Question

Hi folks,

at first i had a question what are the minimum/optimal specs for DayZ Epoch-Windows-Root-Server for a 30/40/50 Player Server.

My Main question is it smarter for the server to run the Database on a seperated Server or on the server himself?

Cheers

Sc0rc3d

2 answers to this question

I don't really think it would change it that much for ~50 players unless the box is hurting for resources. It probably wouldn't hurt assuming the two systems are in the same stack. If they're running off the same disk(s) (as VMs, perhaps) there would be no real benefit.

I have tested this both ways on my Dedi box.  The read/write speed to another computer was about 50 to 60% faster than having it on the same box.  On server start it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to read/write from the database (the entire database).  When i tested and moved the database to another computer my read/write time was about 30 seconds to 1 minute.  I think if you would have an ssd and a hefty cpu this would go much much faster on the same box.^^  I have left the Database on the same box for now and after it loads it writes just fast enough for now.  In the furture though i will be offloading : )