Low FPS in Epoch only

iiTzzGermany

Hello, I seem to have great FPS in normal dayz, but i only get around 15-20 fps in Epoch. I have also done everything i could find on other forums to help fps, but nothing is working. Here are my specs

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.130913-2141)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: GA-78LMT-S2P
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
          Page File: 2759MB used, 7350MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x679A)
           DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_32201682&REV_00
     Display Memory: 6894 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3054 MB
      Shared Memory: 3840 MB

I'll copy and paste a post I made in another thread referring to this topic.

Disable ATOC. Some cards and previous video settings may be effected differently.
The grass and tree add-ons force a LOD (level of detail) that has smaller sized mip map of the vegetation's textures and overall poly counts. On a majority of systems and corresponding settings, this will ultimately use less resources rendering out the terrain. As it broadens the threshold of shifting LODs, and forces a low poly mesh at closer distances.

This however forces systems that were used to rendering the absolute lowest possible quality variant of these objects to render a step above. Try fiddling with your video settings, primarily your ATOC; you should see a considerable increase in framerate.

I have changed the config in documents with the GPUDetected frames ahead and max frames ahead thing, I have played with my video settings and whether on low or high I still get 15-20 fps. I have used all of the launch parameters I can use like... -noPause -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -world=empty. I can't think of anything to else to do. This only happens with Epoch and some other mods for arma 2, because in regular Arma and  dayz I get 50+ fps on the highest settings, and over 40 fps in big cities. but I can only get 20 fps even if I change my settings in Epoch.

Edit: I have also defragged my hard drive and verified my files.

Also would the ATOC settings still effect my performance even though I only have bad performance in Epoch?

Edited by iiTzzGermany

I have the same problem, too! In normal Dayz i get like 60fps on highest settings. In Epoch its on 19 fps(wildeness) to 10 fps(city) on whatever graphics quality i choose...

my system:

CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4Ghz

Graphic: AMD R9 280X 

12GB DDR3 RAM

all the things "iiTzzGermany" did, where doen by me too. But nothing helped by now. 
I hope there will be help soon :D

• 2 weeks later...

Are you playing through Steam? Just asking, because I had this problem earlier, but I did the whole checking the integrity of my game cache thing and it solved the problem. Before, my FPS was capping at 15, regardless of my graphics settings, and after it got up to what I expect from regular dayz (about 20-25 for me, because my CPU is old, but it's still playable).

How many objects on the server database? That plays a huge part. Also, you only have a quad core cpu. I have the same one you do. Arma is very cpu intensive. That also plays a big part.

My pve server recently hit 30k objects in database. We had to downgrade our base decay time to start cleaning our server. Thats 30k objects in only one month since server began. Thats why some servers have great fps and some have crap fps.

I have to second the server DB as a possibility.  I'm not sure how many objects we had in our database but I was pulling around 30-40 FPS with Crossfired R6850's.  We wiped the database and started over fresh and now I pull 70-90 with barely any lag (if at all) while in cities.

How many objects on the server database? That plays a huge part. Also, you only have a quad core cpu. I have the same one you do. Arma is very cpu intensive. That also plays a big part.

My pve server recently hit 30k objects in database. We had to downgrade our base decay time to start cleaning our server. Thats 30k objects in only one month since server began. Thats why some servers have great fps and some have crap fps.