Ammo Mags refilling after relog

Colonel_Patches

Question

15 answers to this question

What is the Problem? That they are full after a restart or not?

Client relog, like the title says. User shoots a gun enough to nearly empty a mag. User then disconnects from server then reconnects and the nearly empty mag is now full. Infinite Ammo with this technique.

Since I cant find many people complaining about this, I'm guessing its a mod I have or vilayer.

I'll just turn off mods until I find it.

It happens on my vilayer server as well, just thought it was that old arma bug

Ya, i thought so too until I read that they fixed it a while back.

Do you have any of these mods?

Missions, sarge ai, blue phoenix admin tool, self bb, safezones, auto-refuel, a debug monitor.

EDIT: I just set up a local server and tested this. The ammo is still refilling with no mods and new database.

:(

When patching, keep in mind that a skin change alone will refill mags in the backpack.

A skin change counts as a re-log in many ways. just saying.. 

Anyway the ammo refill thing is no bug with ArmA, but DayZ just not saving the filling level of the magazine to the database, so every time you log in it reads your char form the database and there is just no info how much bullets are in the magazine :/

That is not entirely correct.

While a player is in game the database record shows a rather involved syntax, e.g. ["100Rnd_762x54_PK",5], so the information is not only stored client side.

Sometimes at least for the main inventory this information is persistent through a relog, sometimes apparently not...no idea, why.

That is not entirely correct.

While a player is in game the database record shows a rather involved syntax, e.g. ["100Rnd_762x54_PK",5], so the information is not only stored client side.

Sometimes at least for the main inventory this information is persistent through a relog, sometimes apparently not...no idea, why.

Yeah but still for items in your backpack will never be saved to the database, the question is why? maybe to long text or lazy devs.. who knows :D

Epoch is using a highly modified version of DayZ. Refilling ammo is the case for right now and might be fixed within the next few patches. 

Just gonna bump up an old topic here because I was searching to see if there was a fix and came across this thread. Will this EVER be fixed? Here we are 11 months since this reply. Just curious if it's on the "to-do" list.

I imagine its a quite complicated fix. I think it would cause issues for each individual mag classname have an inventory and database slot, and to save the contents i imagine it would need to have one. Then you have complaints of mags in trader only having one bullet.. it may even act like a backpack at that point ie. when it is stored/sold it empties. Or if each capacity had it own classname that would be a stupid amount of classnames to incorporate into the game as well as it changing classnames every time you fire your weapon. 

Of course, this is just a theory of mine lol. I may be completely wrong! I only know what i have learned from here and other Epoch/DayZ related forums. =]

EDIT: 

Though what i think would be pretty sweet (aside from the required database editing :)) if they can make an exeption for the contents deleting when stored, is changing mags to a backpack like item that doesnt delete when empty. Seperating bullets by caliber and adding them to mags manually like in the Standalone! And maybe add an ammo case that locks somewhat like a safe/lockbox to store the actual bullets. But im sure this wont happen lol