DayZ Epoch Admin Tracking Tool

Stranger

Adminmap - Yes or No?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need that kind of Admin Tracker?

• Yes, i want it. Where can i get it?
    • Im not sure, can you guys help me install it?
    • Naah, keep that away from me!

Damn your map project sounds cool but I cannot help much with marker & path optimization without seeing the code.

Well I tinkered around a bit more and added the max number for lines (90 in my case) and also optimized my code a bit more. So no it runs quite well:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50418985/Map-Tracker-Demo.avi (That's my map right now in realtime... tracks player + movementhistory + active missions on the field and their pointvalue/title)

And for giving credits for your idea handling the lat,lng to game grid -> I would be more than happy to give you credits from it because I also banged my head to wall couple hours before I found your demo trought google and thought "DAAAAAAMN THIS IS CLEVER WAY TO DO IT". I didnt even know that you had your own thread in this forum before your post BUT we can add your name/nick to readme and give you props or ___ ?

Whatever you like ^^ Nice to be credited for inspiration for example :)

The map thing sounds good. If you can place the watermark in bottom right so it looks clean. And if you need some help with your project's js etc. I can try to help   ;)

When I've got the time, I'll resample the Chernarus one (w/o the traders in it, already have the clean screenshots but have to crop&glue them in place) with a watermark in the bottom right. Will drop you a PM once finished.

I have everything showing except the map itself. I downloaded it and uploaded it to where it should be, and in the map.cfg.js i added "var mapURL = 'map/chernarus/mapTiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png';". When I right click on where the map should be it says errorTile.png.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the hard work put into this tool but i cannot get it to show anything on the map.

Map shows etc but nothing on players/vehicles/safes etc.

When i do /REST/players/index.php nothing shows up. But when i do it for /REST/vehicles/index.php the whole vehicle database is dumped onto the screen.

Any ideas ? I know the sql sockets are open etc as i have no other issues with anything connecting to the sql database.

Thanks for the hard work put into this tool but i cannot get it to show anything on the map.

Map shows etc but nothing on players/vehicles/safes etc.

When i do /REST/players/index.php nothing shows up. But when i do it for /REST/vehicles/index.php the whole vehicle database is dumped onto the screen.

Any ideas ? I know the sql sockets are open etc as i have no other issues with anything connecting to the sql database.

I'm having the same problem. It might be related to the 1.0.2.5 update of epoch. It worked fine on 1.0.2.3 and 1.0.2.4.

Player display baffles me, too. Sometimes no players at all are displayed but, half an hour later, display is working ok. Vice versa, too, first working ok, then no update.

At least, players work, sometimes. With .5 Nightmare's PrivateHiveTools do not show players anymore, at all on our server, while other server owners can work with the tool.

Might I suggest a small change to the player card display? I'd like a 'close' button at the bottom of the card. As it is now, I nearly always have to scroll up the map to get to the closing-cross, because the cards are so big.

I'm not going to read the entire topic, all i have to say is this:

I personally do not care where the code comes from, and I personally don't get everyones problem in dayz about collecting donations and stuff. This is not in regard to EpochTracker, which i think is an awesome tool, but more in regard to all the anti hack admin tool things. You can get cheats for free, while u have to donate to get anti hack tools on your server? I hail all the coders that release for free, since they give me hope that there are still some player who understand what they are doing it for, which is a better community. I wonder how many cheaters there would be if all the anti hacks was open source, and freely shared, and people would have to pay money to get working hacks.

In regard to developping tools: I am currently using both EpochTracker and PHT (I didnt get PHT fully working, but I haven't really bothered looking into it yet either), and I like the functions both offer, since they currently fill up each others gaps. My suggestion would be to improve both scripts into one working script, instead of remaking all the functions.

PM me if you guys need a mirror host and keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stranger,

I have tested out your admin tool and I have to say it is very well presented and flows nicely.

Very easy to use also.

What I love to see i your admin tool is ...

* Locations of lockboxes and safes (in the same on/off tab? Everyone seems to forget about the lockboxes :blink: ) 

* Leaving dead characters trails on the screen (which can be turned on or off)

* Saving data into a log file so it can be viewed after the server restarts.

Keep up the good work  :)

In regard to developping tools: I am currently using both EpochTracker and PHT (I didnt get PHT fully working, but I haven't really bothered looking into it yet either), and I like the functions both offer, since they currently fill up each others gaps. My suggestion would be to improve both scripts into one working script, instead of remaking all the functions.

Yeah it would be awesome to have only one tool with all functionality and so that it has many developers behind the developement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to use this tool. It would make it so easy to figure out who is stealing on our PVE only server. I put in all the info but it doesn't work, do I need to upload it to the server and if so where at? I am running it on my harddrive atm. Do I need to put it any where special? That is the only thing I don't get. Thanks for your nice software and hard work. Just hope I can get it going. I am running EPOCH 1.0.3.1 on GTXgaming server