DayZ Epoch Admin Tracking Tool

Stranger

Adminmap - Yes or No?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need that kind of Admin Tracker?

• Yes, i want it. Where can i get it?
    • Im not sure, can you guys help me install it?
    • Naah, keep that away from me!

Nice ty!

atm Safes & Vehicles is showing for me. Safes being the most important for me atm.

Do not know why the Players is not working for me atm

Might I request a different way to display safes?

Reason being that most spots have a bunch of safes together (on top of each other)  and when I click them they all show in a nice circle and I can click one of them to look at it, but when I do that they all pop on top of each other again.

Can we maybe keep them all displaying in this circle so I can easily look at them all till I click outside of them again and only then do they pop on top of each other.

Does that make sense?

Yeah I understand what you mean  ;)  Next time when I open the files I'll check if its easily doable.

This is fantastic, thank you for making it.  Everything seems to be working for me, except that it's not showing vehicles on the map.  I'm running Epoch 1.0.2.4 , not too keen on updating to 1.0.2.5 just yet, so hope that's not the issue :)

Edit: The problem was due to the execution time on wamp . Increased it to 90 seconds and everything shows fine now! 

Thanks again, this is a fantastic tool :D

Its nice to hear that you like it  :rolleyes:

At the moment some installations have the problem, that the Map is not showing up. We are working on that. There should be a fix out tomorrow. Please make sure, that you updated to the newest Version 0.190 - there are many old installations out there.

In the next Version there will be a Version Number integrated so you can see what version you have installed. :) Thank you very much for taht outstanding support on this tool!

New stuff coming soon - maybe tomorrow ;)

At the moment some installations have the problem, that the Map is not showing up. We are working on that. There should be a fix out tomorrow. Please make sure, that you updated to the newest Version 0.190 - there are many old installations out there.

In the next Version there will be a Version Number integrated so you can see what version you have installed. :) Thank you very much for taht outstanding support on this tool!

New stuff coming soon - maybe tomorrow ;)

Fixed the map to work even without the latest update

Any chance this tool could include a "remove key" , "add key" , "reset safe code" type menu option ? With it being Epoch specific and those features being so very clearly needed by admins.  Just a suggestion, hope you understood where I was going with the menu options :)

Hello guys,

at the moment this tool is only for the Chernarus version of DayZ Epoch. We have planned to implement such features like remove key, add key, change safe code, change player state, teleport player etc. But we also have real lifes and have to work...give us the time to handle this out.

At the moment like nobody (just one guy out of 750 users) has donated some money over PayPal. It is a lot of work for that tool we have to do. The Version who can write to Database (like i said above) will not for free anymore.

Greetings

Hello guys,

at the moment this tool is only for the Chernarus version of DayZ Epoch. We have planned to implement such features like remove key, add key, change safe code, change player state, teleport player etc. But we also have real lifes and have to work...give us the time to handle this out.

At the moment like nobody (just one guy out of 750 users) has donated some money over PayPal. It is a lot of work for that tool we have to do. The Version who can write to Database (like i said above) will not for free anymore.

Greetings

Ok chill, I wasn't demanding the features or anything, I wasn't being pushy either.  Sorry but with all due respect, with an attitude like that I honestly don't give a toss whether you add those features now or not and I'm not donating towards something that may or may not get updated (probably the reason nobody else has donated, have you thought about that?).  If your true agenda was to make money out of this then you should have said from the start.  I hate it when developers do this shit, either do something because you love doing it, or don't do it at all.      

EDIT: and yes, I take my own advice.  I run a server that I spend hours and hours on each day (that also costs me money out of my own pocket), getting just right for my players.  There is an option to make a donation, but nobody has yet and I don't care to be honest (I never push it or make them feel guilty for not donating).  Because I enjoy running the server and hearing the good feedback from my players, that's enough payment in itself.  

Also.  If HFBservers get in touch and make a deal with you, I want a percentage, as it was me who emailed them a few days ago telling them that they NEED this tool for their customers.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this either, so get your cheque book ready :)

There's already a tool that let's you do things like keys, edit loadouts, etc. It's the private hive tools. No need to reinvent the wheel. If anything, maybe speak to the guy that did the hive tools. He's got a live map but its pretty poor. Maybe you guys can work together.

As far as donations go, he has every right to ask for donations to help compensate him for his time and help pay for the resources needed, such as the server where the maps are hosted.

Just a quick question:

Seeing as you use leaflet under-the-hood I wanted to know how your performance is when you have tracked a fair amount of players and draw all those shiny lines on your map?

Mine keeps going down to barely moveable after ~100-200 lines drawn (which goes quite fast, considering I poll my playerpositions every second :D) and I wonder if it's a problem with leaflet or my way of adding stuff onto the map.

On a totally different note: How come some code [that's not in the package but hosted on your space and loaded remotely] looks suspiciously like mine just more fine tuned / enhanced? ;)

Couldn't find any credit tho :(

There's already a tool that let's you do things like keys, edit loadouts, etc. It's the private hive tools. No need to reinvent the wheel. If anything, maybe speak to the guy that did the hive tools. He's got a live map but its pretty poor. Maybe you guys can work together.

As far as donations go, he has every right to ask for donations to help compensate him for his time and help pay for the resources needed, such as the server where the maps are hosted.

BS.. I know he's using other peoples work in his project that he hasn't donated to, and possibly not credited fully either..  

Ok, this topic is completely gettin out of hands! How could you every say, that we are using code from others? We did this on our own and credited the germans guy work on that map images - because this is the only map with upper stuff included.

And the point, why we are hosting map files and javascript on our server is 1. less Traffic for the guys using it, and 2. faster support to errors and bugs.

Well i dont know what to think about that right now.

So go create your own then. At this point who isn't using bits and pieces from other peoples projects? What he has made is an excellent tool. I'm sure he didn't just take someone else's work and put his name on it so get over it and enjoy what he has done at no cost to you.

You want some ass licking cream to go with that suck-up coffee sir? 

You have obviously missed the point of my original post.  I'm more pissed at his attitude towards people asking questions , than I am about him using other peoples code and not crediting them (probably, I said).  I was also upset with his comment about the money, at the end of his reply he clearly stated that it wouldn't be free any more. Implying that his intentions were always to make money from this.

Sure, I'll go and use the tools I was using before (his loss, not mine).  You missed the part where I only made the suggestion of adding those features, he decided to come back all "i'm at home all day slaving over the cooker and nobody appreciates me" .. Don't even mention that I put a good word in for him with HFB and Villayer..

Ok, this topic is completely gettin out of hands! How could you every say, that we are using code from others? We did this on our own and credited the germans guy work on that map images - because this is the only map with upper stuff included.

And the point, why we are hosting map files and javascript on our server is 1. less Traffic for the guys using it, and 2. faster support to errors and bugs.

Well i dont know what to think about that right now.

Not interested.. Good luck making your money .. 

Just a quick question:

Seeing as you use leaflet under-the-hood I wanted to know how your performance is when you have tracked a fair amount of players and draw all those shiny lines on your map?

Mine keeps going down to barely moveable after ~100-200 lines drawn (which goes quite fast, considering I poll my playerpositions every second :D) and I wonder if it's a problem with leaflet or my way of adding stuff onto the map.

On a totally different note: How come some code [that's not in the package but hosted on your space and loaded remotely] looks suspiciously like mine just more fine tuned / enhanced? ;)

Couldn't find any credit tho :(

Answer to the first quick question:

I think the performance is ok BUT we have a plan to implement code so only X ammount of position history is drawn to the map. Because after certain point the map comes unreadable.

If you poll your player positions from the DB and you havent modified any dayz code that handles the part where positions are pushed to DB -> 1 sec polls are toooooo fast. Some guy posted the code what dayz uses to player position updates to this topic check that out.

Answer to the totally different note:

I can confess that I got the idea for the base logic of how lat, lng is transformed to grids from your project. BUT I can also say hand over my heart that every line in that epochtracker.markers.min.js file is written by me. If you have more concerns about this thing you are free to pm me or send post to this topic.

Question from me:

ATM we are really busy (Stranger & me) and we have limited ammount of free time what we can use to develope this tool. So we are in big need of developers who understand js, leaflet etc. So would you be interested to join to team or help otherwise?

Answer to the first quick question:

I think the performance is ok BUT we have a plan to implement code so only X ammount of position history is drawn to the map. Because after certain point the map comes unreadable.

If you poll your player positions from the DB and you havent modified any dayz code that handles the part where positions are pushed to DB -> 1 sec polls are toooooo fast. Some guy posted the code what dayz uses to player position updates to this topic check that out.

Adjusted / tweaked / brought in custom stuff to pull playerpositions onto my map via temporary 2nd database with a couple of spawn-calls while alive, arma2netmysql, triggers/events etc... only need to test performance when more ppl are hanging around on the server / maybe need to code some more custom c++ extensions for what i need / get the headless client going.

The amount X solution (ex. 20 most recent moves) is also what I'm thinking about now to implement, as that should be sufficient for the most part.

(My stuff is not for admins but for my players who can track themselfs + accepted friends on their tablet/mobile/second screen)

Answer to the totally different note:

I can confess that I got the idea for the base logic of how lat, lng is transformed to grids from your project. BUT I can also say hand over my heart that every line in that epochtracker.markers.min.js file is written by me. If you have more concerns about this thing you are free to pm me or send post to this topic.

The whole marker stuff wasn't really what got my attentiojn but the lat/lng grid/gps etc.. stuff :)
I'm also not really angry or upset about it, as the major stuff you've done is way beyong my code and, as you just stated, I was just some inspiration to get things going in the right direction and I'm happy that someone learned something from it (after I smashed my head against the wall for two nights until it worked they way I wanted :D). That sidekick with the credits was more like a "hey, could've given me a high 5 in my thread :D"
[i just get angry if ppl pull a second 'Taviana/Origins' on me, where I invest way to much time on cool stuff / ideas / calculations and tests just to see the big names grab everything, re-label it and make a fortune out of it, but for that it had to be a complete rippoff + only for people that pay, which is far from what's the case here.]

Question from me:

ATM we are really busy (Stranger & me) and we have limited ammount of free time what we can use to develope this tool. So we are in big need of developers who understand js, leaflet etc. So would you be interested to join to team or help otherwise?

As I'm PRETTY busy right now with our own Epoch server (soon 2 linked together) and the features I have on my mind for it / fix the ones already in there like the heavily modified mission system with a monthly point&rewardsystem, I can't really dedicate any time to other projects.

BUT:

I can help you out with something else if you want (and not act like dayzdb on such a topic, check out their taviana map and the bottom left airfield :D nope, didn't give permission but offered the same deal, even before they partned up and made money from it)

I can provide you with my epoch/chernarus map-tiles (up to zoom 6) with a custom watermark stating something along the lines of "made by ctc-gaming for epochtracker" etc..

Reason being: Your tiles are the "usual" chernarus ones that float around, produced via editor export and miss some details/roads/names/textures etc. while mine have the upper 2km like yours but look alot nicer / cleaner imho.

Cheers,

DNightmare

Cheers,

DNightmare

Damn your map project sounds cool but I cannot help much with marker & path optimization without seeing the code.

And for giving credits for your idea handling the lat,lng to game grid -> I would be more than happy to give you credits from it because I also banged my head to wall couple hours before I found your demo trought google and thought "DAAAAAAMN THIS IS CLEVER WAY TO DO IT". I didnt even know that you had your own thread in this forum before your post BUT we can add your name/nick to readme and give you props or ___ ?

The map thing sounds good. If you can place the watermark in bottom right so it looks clean. And if you need some help with your project's js etc. I can try to help  ;)