A server without too many stupid rules?

Psylicium

Hey. Me and some friends have been playing on a german server for a couple of weeks. It is cool and all - hackerfree, with active admins and such. But there are too many stupid rules - "don't do this, don't do that". It kinda takes the fun out of the game.

We're looking for a server with these requirements:

- the ability to get in other people's camps without just finding locked safes instead of actual gear

- to actually find a car that isn't locked

We think the modular building system has taken the fun out of the game, like ... cool, we have a base built of concrete. It is locked, and we keep all our stash in safes. You have nothing to lose, and nothing to worry about, so what's the point of the game anymore? Before you could build bases and only had tents, you constantly needed to worry about other people finding your gear and vehiches, and that's what made the game so special and exciting. It was that adrenaline rush. Now, if you manage to build a base, what else is there to do? Sure, you can loot here and there, get in a couple of gunfights, and after that, return to your secure base and be perfectly safe. All your gear and vehicles will still be there when you log back in.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we need a server that's totally back to basics. No modular building system, no locked safes and ditto vehicles all over the map, and no bullshit rules that takes the fun out of the game.

I guess you played on my server then because we are the 2nd most popular german epoch server right now. All i can say is, you will NEVER find any server without any rules. We had 3 simple rules:

No hacking

No Griefing in Tradercities

No Tradercity camping

If thats to much for you and your friends, go and play vanilla dayz or origins, where u can do whatever you want. Even hacking.

I guess you played on my server then because we are the 2nd most popular german epoch server right now. All i can say is, you will NEVER find any server without any rules. We had 3 simple rules:

No hacking

No Tradercity camping

If thats to much for you and your friends, go and play vanilla dayz or origins, where u can do whatever you want. Even hacking.

Nope, it was not yours.

• 2 weeks later...

No hacking

No Tradercity camping

Only 3 rules? Than what about:

- dont destroy locked bases

- dont destroy locked vehicle in locked bases

Arent that your rules too?

With epoch its frustrating for players who spend hours even days finding materials and building stuff, it only takes 1 or 2 people 5 to 10 minutes to destroy it all, which puts players off, we only use simple rules like most servers do, usually the rules are set according to what your player base wants. Keep your players happy and they come back, its simple, as previously stated if you dont like the server rules jog on to another that suits your playstyle, theres plenty out there.

As a test of how fun a camp raid system is, rent your own server for a month and see how it goes. No rules blow up everything and remove safes from the trader lists and see how many camps get setup. Be prepared to run it a few months though waiting for players willing to build a  base with that rule set. 

When I run on pvp servers my base is a safe or tent under a tree, why build something that will be knocked down in 5 min from a 40 mil truck mounted gun.

The only thing stupid thing here is the OP ...

marsvb is spot on with his comment also, nicely said.

Like everyone has basically said  ... Go play vanilla DayZ with the rest of the trolls and griefers or find another server with no rules (good luck with that).

That way you can blow up and destroy each others vehicles and tents ... blah blah blah  :blink:  :lol: