Detailed death messages and massgrave question

brolidog

Question

I haven't been able to get the detailed death messages to work.

I have commented out "enableRadio false;" in init.sqf like i see most say to enable them to no avail.

As far as mass graves go. I have yet to be able to find a single one, is it possible to enable the smoke via the sqf file?

if(_crashModel == "Mass_grave_DZ") then {
            _spawnFire = false;

setting spawn fire to true, would that cause issues or would it work like chopper crash fire/smoke?

20 answers to this question

The mass graves are fine as they are. Found them so now I know what to look for and how they look from the air.

But as far as the death messages,

DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = true;

is the only one that appears to be working.

Neither the side chat or global ones appear to work.

This line is found near the top of the the description.ext file in the Mission Files.

disableChannels[]={0,1,2,6};

1 = Side chat that will need to be removed from that line before it works perhaps?

Unless you tested it with side chat enabled and still no luck, then sorry for wasting ya time  :D

The mass graves are fine as they are. Found them so now I know what to look for and how they look from the air.

What do they look like? I have yet to find one anywhere! Do they spawn near something or are they dynamic like the vehicles?

Hmm, guess i need to keep looking then. Friggin helo crashes are insanely hard to find as well. Wish i knew the parameters of the spawn so they might be a tad bit easier to locate.

Default is 5? Most i have ever seen is 2 and i had to scour the entire map in a heli to find them!

Have you changed the spawn rate at all?

I think this is the default in server_spawnCrashSite.sqf:

// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

75% chance a new chopper wreck will spawn every 50 minutes +/- 15 minutes. Could be you're just getting bad luck.

The two main things of importance to keep in mind are the % and the amount of time in between rolls of a possible heli crash in relation to your server restarts. If you only have a 75% chance of a heli crash spawn on a roll that occurs every 50 minutes but have your server set to restart every 3 hours, you could theoretically wind up with 0 spawn sites out of the 3 possible (3.6 technically but there isn't enough time for the 4th spawn roll).

You can control the heli crash spawns using how often your server restarts. Setting  the 0.75 "_spawnChance" to 1 and _frequency to "60 * 60" will give you a 100% chance to spawn a heli crash somewhere in a 4000 meter radius from the center of the map (roughly Stary I believe if you're using the Chernarus map). You can edit that to your liking, as that's just a base reference to start from.

I may be mistaken but I believe "MaxHeliCrashes= _" is just a limiter, for example if you have your sever restart set for every 6 hours and have a .75% chance to spawn a crash every hour, if every spawn roll is successful then it will stop spawning them after your "MaxHeliCrashes=_" is reached.

Hey,

need really help with Kill Messages in Epoch 1.0.2.3. It still not works for me on my private Server.

I found in the @Dayz_Epoch_Server "dayz_server.pbo" the "server_playerDied.sqf". For me it looks like there are already the kill messages possible.

I changed the init.sqf in dayz_private_1.epoch.chernarus.pbo and wrote in last Line DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = true;

Also i activated enable radio true.

When somebody killed by a player, no detailed message appear.

Edit: okay. it works now. I wrote all 3 commands DZE_DeathMsgGlobal = true; / DZE_DeathMsgSide = true; / DZE_DeathMsgTitleText = true;

The message appears on my screen but only for very short time, impossible to read. How i can change the time for showing up the message?