[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

Hi all , 

so far afther a dayz long scripinting , 

i have good news,

the missions systeem and the sarge AI are working good on my dayz epoch taviana server, ,

i also greate many more mission now , 

when the rewrite of the whole systeem  is done , , 

i will post the first beta here , 

Hi all , 

so far afther a dayz long scripinting , 

i have good news,

the missions systeem and the sarge AI are working good on my dayz epoch taviana server, ,

i also greate many more mission now , 

when the rewrite of the whole systeem  is done , , 

i will post the first beta here , 

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your DZAI version!

Hey guys, one of the only threads where some of my questions were already answered, and some others I need help with.

I have edited my SAR_config.sqf to this...

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 1;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 0;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 10;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 0;
SAR_chance_survivors = 10;

// maximum size of group (including Leader)
SAR_max_grpsize_bandits = 2;
SAR_max_grpsize_soldiers = 0;
SAR_max_grpsize_survivors = 3;

And this doesn't seem to affect the amount of groups and/or number of NPCs in the groups that spawn. I am wondering if there is something else I am missing here that isn't allowing these changes to work. ???

The only other thing was that I thought to possibly edit the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf file to limit the quantities of spawns into each grid. How do I properly edit this file, do I need to eliminate each "//" in front of the grid areas that I want to function? Like this for example...

// Kamenka, 0 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,1,2],[0,100,100],[0,2,1]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Balota, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,2],[80,0,80],[2,0,3]],"SAR_area_1_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[75,0,75],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Prido, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,3],[50,0,50],[4,0,2]],"SAR_area_3_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

I don't care how I decrease the amount and size of the groups, either way is fine. Help here would be greatly appreciated, several players are getting tired of fighting bandit groups every 3 minutes. Thanks!

Hello Cushaway,

Don't quote me on this as i don't use the dynamic grid spawning (you can turn that off by setting "SAR_dynamic_spawning" to false in SAR_config.sqf).

I believe the list you just posted from SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf will actually overwrite the settings in SAR_config.sqf.

Now let's take a look here:

// Kamenka, 0 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,1,2],[0,100,100],[0,2,1]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

The line with // in front of it is just a example of how the values in the line below it are made.

[0,1,2] = 0 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups

[0,100,100] = spawn probability: 0% bandit, 100% soldier, 100% survivor

[0,2,1] maximum AI in the group, and again in this order: bandit, soldier, survivor.

So basically what you want to do is edit all those numbers to your own needs.

Or you can simply just remove the whole line ;)

Oh ok, so basically in the SAR_config.sqf I just turn the dynamic spawning off and whatever I use in the grid spawning in the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf will work? Correct?

Thanks for the help!

No, if you turn the dynamic spawning off there will be no dynamic spawning.

You have to edit those numbers in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf like i explained in my previous post.

Hey guys, one of the only threads where some of my questions were already answered, and some others I need help with.

I have edited my SAR_config.sqf to this...

And this doesn't seem to affect the amount of groups and/or number of NPCs in the groups that spawn. I am wondering if there is something else I am missing here that isn't allowing these changes to work. ???

The only other thing was that I thought to possibly edit the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf file to limit the quantities of spawns into each grid. How do I properly edit this file, do I need to eliminate each "//" in front of the grid areas that I want to function? Like this for example...

I don't care how I decrease the amount and size of the groups, either way is fine. Help here would be greatly appreciated, several players are getting tired of fighting bandit groups every 3 minutes. Thanks!

to understannd this i was reading the whole post of sarge ai on opendayz.net and the nice thing is that this script is well commented 

you can also try to turn dynamic spawn off or try 2 change the file from a fresh sarge ai 1.5.2 dl on github not the whole just the addons / SARGE / map_config / SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

// =========================================================================================================
//  SAR_AI - DayZ AI library
//  Version: 1.5.0 
//  Author: Sarge ([email protected]) 
//
//                Wiki: to come
//                Forum: to come
//                
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  Required:
//  UPSMon  
//  SHK_pos 
//  
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   area, group & spawn  cfg file for Chernarus
//   last modified: 28.5.2013

/* reconfiguring the properties of the grid (keep in mind the grid has default settings, but these you should overwrite where needed.

IMPORTANT: The grid squares are named like : SAR_area_0_0

where the first 0 is the x counter, and the second 0 the y counter.

So to adress the bottom left square in the grid, you use SAR_area_0_0.
The square above that one would be: SAR_area_0_1
the square one to the right of the bottom left square is SAR_area_1_0

You want to change the number arrays in the below lines:

The order for these numbers is always [BANDIT, SURVIVOR, SOLDIER]

Lets take an example for Chernarus

_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,1,2],[0,75,100],[0,4,3]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

[[0,1,2],[0,75,100],[0,4,3]]

the first set of numbers : 0,1,2
stands for
0 bandit groups
1 soldier group
2 surivors groups
thats the max that can spawn in this grid

the second set of numbers : 0,75,100
that means: 
0% probability to spawn bandit groups
75% for soldiers
100% for survivors

the last set of numbers : 0,4,3
thats the maximum number of ppl in the group (including the leader)
0 bandits
max 4  soldiers
max 3  survivors
this number is randomized

*/
// 
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

if (SAR_dynamic_spawning) then {

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Dynamic spawning definition / adjustments started"];

[["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,1,2],[0,100,100],[0,2,1]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Balota, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,2],[80,0,80],[2,0,3]],"SAR_area_1_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[75,0,75],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Prido, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,3],[50,0,50],[4,0,2]],"SAR_area_3_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Elektro, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[50,0,50],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_4_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Kamyshovo, 0 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,1],[0,0,80],[0,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Tulga, 0 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,1],[0,0,80],[0,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_1"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Solni, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,0],[80,0,0],[2,0,0]],"SAR_area_5_2"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Berezino, 0 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,3],[0,0,75],[0,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_3"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Khelm, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,1],[75,0,75],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_5_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// NEAF, 0 bandit groups, 3 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,3,1],[0,50,75],[0,2,4]],"SAR_area_5_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// NWAF, 0 bandit groups, 2 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,2,1],[0,50,75],[0,2,4]],"SAR_area_1_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Stary, 3 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[3,0,3],[50,0,50],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_2_2"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,0],[75,0,0],[3,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Skalka, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,0],[75,0,0],[3,0,0]],"SAR_area_0_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Petrovka1, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,0],[75,0,0],[3,0,0]],"SAR_area_1_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Petrovka2, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,0],[75,0,0],[3,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Pobeda, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,0],[75,0,0],[3,0,0]],"SAR_area_3_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// Krasno, 0 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,1,1],[0,75,75],[0,4,2]],"SAR_area_4_5"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

// test south of lopatino, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,0],[100,0,0],[6,0,0]],"SAR_area_0_3"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Dynamic spawning definition / adjustments finished"];

};
//
// Definition of area markers for static spawns
//

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static spawning area definition started"];

// soutcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast", [7997.2837, 2687.6707]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [6500, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast = _this;

// eastcoast, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast", [13304.196, 8220.9795]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1200, 6000];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast = _this;

// NWAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf", [4525.3335, 10292.299]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1500, 500];
_this setMarkerDir 59.354115;
SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf = _this;

// NEAF, heli patrol area
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_helipatrol_neaf", [12034.16, 12725.376, 0]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [1000, 600];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_neaf = _this;

_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh", [1951.4304, 11905.569]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [300, 1000];
_this setMarkerDir -19.085985;
SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh = _this;

_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG_devilscastle", [6913.47,11437.2,0.001]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerSize [10, 10];
SAR_marker_DEBUG_devilscastle = _this;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static spawning area definition finished"];

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// End of area marker definition section
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Static, predefined heli patrol areas with configurable units
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
//      format: [areamarker,type_of_group,(respawn),(respawntime)] call SAR_AI;
//
//      areamarker          : Name of an area, as defined in your area definitions (MUST NOT BE similar to SAR_area_ ! THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
//      type_of_group       : 1 = military, 2 = survivors, 3 = bandits
//
//      respawn             : true or false (optional)
//      respawntime         : time in secs until group respawns (optional)
//      air_vehicle_type    : classnema of the air vehicle you want to use
//
//
//      Note: The crew will be automatically seized to man any available gun in the airplane / heli.
//
//      Examples:
//
//              A) military air group patrolling, respawning, respawn time = default configured time, using default randomized vehicles  
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli; 
//
//              B) bandit air group patrolling, not respawning, 
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,3] call SAR_AI_heli; 
//
//              C) survivor air group patrolling, respawning, respawn time = 120 seconds  
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,true,120] call SAR_AI_heli; 
//
diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"];

//
// define your static air patrols here
//

//Heli Patrol NWAF
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_nwaf,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

//Heli Patrol NEAF
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_neaf,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

// Heli patrol south coast
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

// heli patrol east coast
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_eastcoast,1,true] call SAR_AI_heli;

// example war scenario in the northwest. Comment OUT after having had a look at it!
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,1,true,30] call SAR_AI_heli;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,1,true,30] call SAR_AI_heli;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,3,true,30] call SAR_AI_heli;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,3,true,30] call SAR_AI_heli;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"];

// Static, predefined infantry patrols in defined areas with configurable units
// 
//      format: [areamarker,type_of_group,number_of_snipers,number_of_riflemen,action_to_do,(respawn),(respawntime)] call SAR_AI;
//
//      areamarker          : Name of an area, as defined in your area definitions (MUST NOT BE similar to SAR_area_ ! THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
//      type_of_group       : 1 = military, 2 = survivors, 3 = bandits
//      number_of_snipers   : amount of snipers in the group
//      number_of_riflemen  : amount of riflemen in the group
//
//      action_to_do        : groupaction (optional, default is "patrol")
//                            possible values: 
//                               "fortify" -> the group will search for nearby buildings and move in them. They will stay there until an enemy spotted, then they will chase him.
//                               "ambush"  -> the group will look for a nearby road, and setup an ambush. They will not move until an enemy was spotted. 
//                               "patrol"  -> the group will patrol random waypoints in the area, and engage any enemy they see.
//
//      respawn         : true or false (optional)
//      respawntime     : time in secs until group respawns (optional)
//
//      Examples:
//
//              A) military group patrolling, with 1 leader and 1 rifleman, respawning, respawn time = default configured time  
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,1,0,1,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI; 
//
//              B) bandit group patrolling, with 1 leader, 2 snipers and 1 rifleman, respawning, respawn time = 30 seconds  
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,3,2,1,"patrol",true,30] call SAR_AI; 
//
//              C) survivor group fortifying, with 1 leader, 1 sniper and 3 riflemen, not respawning
//
//                      [SAR_marker_DEBUG,2,1,3,"fortify",false] call SAR_AI; 
//

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols started"];

//
// define your static infantry patrols here
//

[SAR_marker_DEBUG_devilscastle,1,0,6,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

// example war scenario in the northwest. Comment OUT after having had a look at it!
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,1,0,9,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,2,0,9,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,3,0,9,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,3,0,9,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols finished"];

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
//  Static spawns for vehicle groups
//
//      format: [areamarker,type_of_group,vehicle array,crew array,(respawn),(respawntime)] call SAR_AI_land;
//
//
//      areamarker      : Name of an area, as defined in your area definitions
//      type_of_group   : 1 = military, 2 = survivors, 3 = bandits
//      vehicle array   : e.g. ["car1"], MUST be enclosed by [], and MUST be valid vehicle classnames. multiple vehicles are possible, like this: ["car1","car1","car1"]
//      crew array      : e.g. [[1,2,3]] -> the first entry in the array element sets if the leader travels in that vehicle, the second is the number of snipers in the vehicle, the third is the number of riflemen. 
//                        must match to the number of defined vehicles, so for the above example, you need: [[1,2,3],[0,1,2],[0,1,1]]
//                          
//
//      respawn         : true or false (optional)
//      respawntime     : time in secs until group respawns (optional)
//
//
//
//      Examples:
//
//      A) This will spawn an AI group with 1 vehicle(UAZ), and 3 AI in it
/*
        [
            SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh_1,             // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
            1,                                  // type of group
            ["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1"],             // used vehicles
            [[1,1,1]],                          // Vehicle initial crew
            false                               // if this group should respawn or not
        ] call SAR_AI_land;
*/
// 
//      B) This will spawn an AI group with 1 vehicle, 3 AI in the UAZ, and this group will respawn after 60 seconds
/*
        [
            SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh_1,             // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
            1,                                  // type of group
            ["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1"],              // used vehicle
            [[1,1,1]],                          // Vehicle initial crews
            true,                               // if this group should respawn or not
            60                                  // waittime until this group will respawn            
        ] call SAR_AI_land;
*/
//
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols started"];

//
// define your static vehicle patrols here
//

[
    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,                           // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
    1,                                              // type of group
    ["LandRover_CZ_EP1","M1030","M1030","LandRover_CZ_EP1"],        // used vehicle
    [[1,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1]],                              // Vehicle initial crew
    true,                                           // if this group should respawn or not
] call SAR_AI_land;

[
    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,                   // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
    3,                                      // type of group
    ["M1030","M1030","M1030","M1030"],      // used vehicle
    [[1,1,0],[0,1,1],[0,1,1],[0,1,1]],      // Vehicle initial crew
    true,                                   // if this group should respawn or not
    60                                      // waittime until this group will respawn
] call SAR_AI_land;

[
    SAR_marker_DEBUG_veh,             // Name of the area that the vehicle patrol will spawn in
    2,                                  // type of group
    ["M1030"],                          // used vehicle
    [[1,1,0]],                          // Vehicle initial crew
    true,                               // if this group should respawn or not
    60                                  // waittime until this group will respawn
] call SAR_AI_land;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols finished"];
// ---- end of configuration area ----

Would it not be better to just direct people to the open DayZ Sarge AI page? 

I got the mission set working, although vehicles generated are being deleted as well as a whole host of errors based on the mission files themselves. A lot of the class names are wrong, you have Apaches and Vipers and armoured cars spawning in that will kill or kick people upon use. It is also throwing up map marker errors. 

The deletion is probably something I've done as the rpt log is throwing errors up located at the group clean up as far as I can see. 

Hey first I want to say thank for the bugfixes like invisible AI and epoch changes, BUT I was just wondering why are there banned or wrong weapons in the default config?

E.g. AI snipers spawning in with AS50 TWS or the wrong PKP being used (not the same class epoch uses to can't be sold at traders). Easy to fix changes but I think the default options should only contain weapon epoch has by default so people don't just include this nice AI and later notice players running around with the AS50 TWS or worse players getting kicked/banned for having it because admins don't know where they came from! lol

No it is the Sarge patrols config (Sarge AI Epoch Edition Patrols -> "Sarge AI Epoch Edition\addons\SARGE\SAR_config.sqf"):

e.g.

SAR_surv_sniper_weapon_list = ["PMC_AS50_TWS","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];

I already changed it in my server, just wanted to tell other admins who might use the config as is.. :D

And you won't get errors as the classnames are not wrong, but other versions of the weapon Epoch is using!

SAR_band_rifleman_weapon_list = ["AK_107_kobra","Sa58V_CCO_EP1","Pecheneg"];

but Epoch uses "Pecheneg_DZ" rather than "Pecheneg".

Edited by Axe Cop

I have it working like this (maybe remove the mission variable I use it for something else):

"//Check for hackers" \n
       " {" \n
       "	if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n
       "		diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
       "		(vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
       "		_x setDamage 1;" \n
       "	 };" \n
       " } forEach allUnits;" \n

The version I have has wrong class names for the SUV, various guns such as LMG's. It looks it was written for another mod as the class names are different to the default Arma 2 or DayZ items. No weapon is banned in Epoch as far as I am aware and server admins can add any weapon they would like in from Arma. Weapons such as the MG36 should just use "MG36". You won't get kicked for using them but the LMG's take up a backpack slot which can cause issues. 

Vehicles such as the BTR 60, LAV will cause issues since it will be very difficult to destroy and both can take down structures very quickly. Would recommend deleting them unless you have a server set up for armour. The Apache, and Viper will kick due to battleye scripts when firing anti-tank missiles (guided or otherwise) or FFAR.

For configuring Sarge AI google it and go to the github, his instructions are fairly simple to use and config. But it is worth noting the mission AI config has nothing to do with Sarge AI's own configs. Regarding the config of groups you have two sets, one is the dynamic system which covers all the grids on the map. The other is location specific spawning such as Electro and Cherno which I believe will over-ride the grid spawning in those locations only. 

Mission wise if you look to the original mission files there is an option for them not to use Sarge. In fact the AI spawned into the missions don't appear to be Sarge AI at all and are most likely mission generated AI from Arma. The only reason Sarge is mentioned is down to the variables preventing server cleanup (deletion and player killing).

Error wise this is what I've got:

0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.NVGoggles'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine NVGoggles with scope=private
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
 0:14:12 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

Most likely explained by the mission configs not really being optimised for Epoch. 

20:54:46   Error position: <resize ((count _path) - 1)};
};

[_array>
20:54:46   Error Zero divisor
20:54:46 File ca\modules\functions\arrays\fn_findNestedElement.sqf, line 72

No idea what this is, possibly something to do with the animated C130 crash site script I was trying to get to work, but it doesn't seem to be running at all. 

20:39:49 Error in expression <debug\addmarkers75.sqf"

MainMarker75 = createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];
M>
20:39:49   Error position: <createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];
M>
20:39:49   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
20:39:49 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers75.sqf, line 2
20:39:49 Error in expression <rus\debug\addmarkers.sqf"

MainMarker = createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];
Ma>
20:39:49   Error position: <createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];
Ma>
20:39:49   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
20:39:49 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers.sqf, line 2

Markers are appearing and being removed upon mission completion so I am not sure what the issue is, the errors seem to point to issues in the marker files rather than ini.

The cleanup issue is most likely mine, I'll check the above posted and see where my error is, does anyone have a group cleanup example or is it the same as its always been? Although since Sarge AI was working before hand without issue and the server is not deleting the AI ground troops or Helis I am not sure what the problem is.

so you could walk up to them and loot the place without getting them aggro.

That could be tricky to solve, if they are 100% not engaging when you run up to them then they are seeing you as friendly. I had a similar issue trying to spawn in AI using the Arma Mission editor they wouldn't engage until shot at by which point I had killed them all. 

Run up to them and check to see if they kill you without shooting them, if they do kill you at close range you can change the spotting distance in the config file and give them appropriate weapons. Generally AI equipped with shotguns won't engage until you are close enough for them to hit you. AI with assault rifles will engage you much further out up to limit of spotting distance. 

One thing I've noticed is that if you are using Sarge AI heli patrols and the mission system, the bandit AI helis will kill everyone at the mission site. Obviously mission AI are not on the same faction. 

Hey guys.. 

So I had a lot of Problems with the Mission System on my Epoch Server, but after about a week of fixing various stuff i managed to get it working "almost" perfectly

So what had to be done? What did i do?

a LOT of the Weapons/Vehicles/skins were simply wrong... the OP used Class ID's of items that were not there in epoch, which resulted in a lot of error messages and NPC's using no weapons, or simply not spawning... (Mainly removing the _DZN at the class items or changing it to _DZ)

This is the main problem... because the error screws up the system and no new missions will spawn

Also, the new missions used different markers, which sometimes did not get added/removed... so i replaced them with the markers from the Old Mission System.

I removed the AS50 and stuff that i don't allow on my server.. also i reduced the amount of loot in the crates, and generally Customized it to my taste.

Also due to complaints of low FPS i disabled all the Patrols in Sarge, so basically the Mission System is running Sarge AI now, but other than that, there are no  roaming NPC's on the map..

But there is still one issue, that i assume is related to sarge AI, and i can't find where and how to turn it off...

Every time a Mission spawns a vehicle, the vehicle despawns as soon as you exit that vehicle or sometimes even just get close to it... 

Is that the entry in the server_cleanup file? Or what could be responsible for this error? I mean i do want the cars to be cleaned up after server restart, but not as soon as a player enters/exits the vehicle.

Where would i be able to change this?

Fuggu,

The problem you're describing is indeed related to a wrong line in the server_cleanup.fsm.

I use this one:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1))) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

This line should basically work for either sarge, without sarge, or with the DZAI addon.

1st. of all i didnt created this :read the first post ,i just merged it together what falcyn szerdi and lazyink made ! I justt edited some coords an classnames on szerdis namalsk version and lazyinks cherno version ,so this missions are having some redefined coords and classnames for chernarus !

2nd. This mission system needs sarge ai to work with it ! And the cleanup is designed for multiple use with sarge+bandit ai+mission 

3rd. The debug folder goes into the mission.pbo

wokkelwakker thx for your help on this thread ,when i'm getting healed i pick u up if u want to...?!

Next steps for me bringing up a tutorial ,but need someone beside me !

After this next Step is:  finishing this for epoch ,so editing more stuff in the mission !

When done u will get a completely redefined epoch mission system from me if i can get it working on my or another server ,and it will not be used with sarge ai anymore !

I can't remember if i posted that but this merged mission system was created for DayZ Vanilla and rMod2.1 .

Currently i'm running a version with bandit ai on my server and all is fine yet .

I will bring my VMWare Instance  to test the old merged 26 missions and will customize it to the bugs u all have reported !

THX 4 this !

my server is up again and i get rpt errors with this !

use this instead !!!!!!!

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Hi again, I am using what Axe cop posted and still get the disappearing vehicles. The same thing happened with Sarge AI land vehicle patrols and to get around that I added them to the allowed objects list which I've done with the mission vehicles now. I'll check the above to see if it works but I really need to check the mission AI faction setting and make it the same as the standard Sarge AI to stop them killing each other. 

I changed the AI loadouts in the add_unit files to the below and it stopped most of the errors I was receiving. I still get map marker issues in the rpt logs though. 

http://pastebin.com/YnKkYq41

Note a few of the weapons added above will not be available to sell at traders such as:

AKS_74, AKS_74_NSPU, AKS_74_pso, AK_107_kobra