[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

One of the first things I noticed was how well documented the code is, there's a bit of learning curve but once you know which files do what, it's a real sinch. I find Sarge AI overly bulky and complicated in areas, where DZAI makes it much easier.  Heli patrols are more realistic and completely changes the game play, they spawn randomly around the map and travel wherever they want, engaging on site and really giving you a run for your money.  Sarge heli patrols just go from A to B , hover a little , do nothing for a bit , then repeat, where as with DZAI you can't predict their movements and they can just sneak up on you like a real life bandit! The way the developer has organised the files is beyond pro, he's got files ready for your own personal spawn points, static and patrol etc.. All which can be edited in the arma map editor (if you know what you're doing). I've used DZAI for less than 2 days and already I know exactly how to get my AI to do what I want , but with Sarge AI it took me months of fiddling around, asking questions, getting confused and eventually leaving it on default.  With DZAI I'm able to say right "AI here, this many, this amount of time and this tough) , DZAI then uses special formulas (for use of a better word) to create just the right loadout, just the right level of AI etc for the task in hand.  I know SARGE AI can do this, but it's certainly a lot quicker and less painful with DZAI :)

.... and breath! 

Edit: Oh yeah, and the AI's stay out of you vehicles.. Period! 

@hayward

hm...can u help me out with Bandit AI understanding the code and options .Just wanna test the new release .

I like the idea of triggering the ai, which sarge ai cant .

@kyngz : the spawn near players is based on the grids and is active if a player is in this grid ,so thats a thing im looking into it .

Just looking into DayZBandit AI ,the last time i instlalled it it was bad cause the triggers started spamming and spawning in AI which doesn't despawn after player left the area

wonderful :

/*

DayZ Epoch configuration

Description: Adds DayZ Epoch-specific items to DZAI loot tables if Epoch mode is on.

Last updated: 5:10 PM 9/8/2013

*/

DZAI_metalBars = [["ItemSilverBar",0.20],["ItemSilverBar10oz",0.10],["ItemGoldBar",0.03],["ItemGoldBar10oz",0.015]];
DZAI_metalBarNum = 2; //Maximum number of metal bars to generate

DZAI_BanditTypes = [DZAI_BanditTypes,["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ","BanditW2_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","GUE_Soldier_MG_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","GUE_Soldier_2_DZ","RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ","Ins_Soldier_GL_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Priest_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ","Rocker4_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Graves_Light_DZ","Bandit2_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ"]] call DZAI_append;
DZAI_MiscItemS = [DZAI_MiscItemS,["ItemZombieParts"]] call DZAI_append;

diag_log "DayZ Epoch loot tables loaded.";

Moded it to this 

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 1;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 1;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 50;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 50;
SAR_chance_survivors = 50;

and seems a lot less intense, been playing around with spawn % (tried 25% but I find it was too low) too see, but still don't know why activating the Heli Patrol screws up helis for players...must be a line somewere not liking it...All in all its a great mod and the guys do enjoy it, but I have seen a performance drop on the server :(

SAR_config.sqf

// -----------------------------------------------
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100% 
// -----------------------------------------------
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = false; > set it to true 

The performance drop is when u activate vehicle or heli patrols !

Bandit AI

currently try to add a briefcase to ai

/*
DayZ Epoch configuration

Description: Adds DayZ Epoch-specific items to DZAI loot tables if Epoch mode is on.

Last updated: 5:10 PM 9/8/2013

*/

DZAI_metalBars = [["ItemSilverBar",0.60],["ItemSilverBar10oz",0.60],["ItemGoldBar",0.50],["ItemGoldBar10oz",0.45],["ItemBriefcase100oz",0.75]];
DZAI_metalBarNum = 4; //Maximum number of metal bars to generate

DZAI_BanditTypes = [DZAI_BanditTypes,["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ","BanditW2_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","GUE_Soldier_MG_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ","GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ","GUE_Soldier_2_DZ","RU_Policeman_DZ","Pilot_EP1_DZ","Haris_Press_EP1_DZ","Ins_Soldier_GL_DZ","GUE_Commander_DZ","Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Priest_DZ","Rocker1_DZ","Rocker2_DZ","Rocker3_DZ","Rocker4_DZ","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ","Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ","FR_OHara_DZ","FR_Rodriguez_DZ","CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Graves_Light_DZ","Bandit2_DZ","SurvivorWcombat_DZ"]] call DZAI_append;
DZAI_MiscItemS = [DZAI_MiscItemS,["ItemZombieParts"]] call DZAI_append;

diag_log "DayZ Epoch loot tables loaded.";

deine "Patrol Edition"

//Bandit VehiclePatrol
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3", [7232.03,11288.3,320.081]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [600, 800];
SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3 = _this;

Bei mir spuckt die Log nen Fehler, wenn sie die "static vehicle" erstellen soll. Hab atm noch keinen Schimmer woran das liegen kann.

20:15:18 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols started"

20:15:18 Error in expression < 1;

_areadir = (markerDir _area_name) * -1;

_cosdir=cos(_areadir);
_sindir=s>
20:15:18   Error position: <* -1;

_cosdir=cos(_areadir);
_sindir=s>
20:15:18   Error *: Type Array, expected Number

und das ist der Ausschnitt der config

// soutcoast, car patrol area

_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1", [7473.78, 3181.5,0.001]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1 = _this;

diag_log format["SAR_AI: Static spawning area definition finished"];

//
// define your static vehicle patrols here

// car patrol cherno
[sAR_marker_SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1,1,["UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","Ural_TK_CIV_EP1"],[[1,1,1],[1,3,6]],true,300] call SAR_AI_land;

// example war scenario in the northwest. Comment OUT after having had a look at it!

//Bandit VehiclePatrol
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3", [7232.03,11288.3,320.081]]; die coords stimmen das hab ich von meinem rMod2.1 server auch chernrus übernommen !
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh3 = _this;

was du ändern musst ist der von SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1 zu veh3 oder trigger ihn neu wie folgt

//Bandit VehiclePatrol

_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh1", [7232.03,11288.3,320.081]]; 
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_banditpatrol_veh1 = _this;

Irgendwas ist hier faul : entweder alte datei oder weiss der teufel was ich find diese datei nicht !

lad dir mal die runter und vergleiche diese mit der die du hast !

Patrol Edition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/308no6qtj4rpj93/Sarge%20AI%20Epoch%20Edition%20Patrols.7z

Please report any other issues to me !

@Fuchs

Hab es jetzt zum laufen bzw zum fahren gebracht. Wie du sagtes einfach den Markernamen ändern und es lief reibungslos. Danke

_this = createMarker ["

SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1", [7473.78, 3181.5,0.001]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_carpatrol_veh1 = _this;

zu

_this = createMarker ["

SAR_marker_DEBUG_banditpatrol1", [7473.78, 3181.5,0.001]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_DEBUG_banditpatrol1 = _this;

Die Wegfingung ist zwar etwas dürftig aber immerhin bleiben sie auf der Straße :)

btw Was gibt die "MarkerSize" an?

-die Größe des möglichen Spawnpunktes oder

-die Größe des möglichen Bewegungspunktes

thx

for 1.0.2.3 use this one

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1))) then {" \n

for 1.0.2.4 use this 

"	if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

for 1.0.2.3 use this one

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1))) then {" \n

for 1.0.2.4 use this 

"	if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Thanks, I'll give this one a try and report back later.

-CJ-

Thanks, I'll give this one a try and report back later.

-CJ-

NO!!! 

just remove the lines so it looks like this

class vehicle_cleanup
    {
      name = "vehicle_cleanup";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_safety = PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor;" \n
       "" \n
       "//Check for hackers" \n
       " {" \n
       "	 };" \n
       " } forEach allUnits;" \n
       "" \n

NO!!!

just remove the lines so it looks like this

class vehicle_cleanup
    {
      name = "vehicle_cleanup";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_safety = PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor;" \n
       "" \n
       "//Check for hackers" \n
       " {" \n
       "	 };" \n
       " } forEach allUnits;" \n
       "" \n
I would not do that !!!!! Cause if a hacker comes on your server then you have the problem that he or she could spawn anything in . So i would higly recommend do no not never cut out rhis one and also not comment it out !

for 1.0.2.3 use this one

for 1.0.2.4 use this 

What about for sarge? This one is for DZAI right?

Also, since the last update, sarge AI aggro is causing players to be immune to domes, they dont even get message. They have to change there clothes or relog to make the domes register again. Don't have this problem with DZAI. Any ideas? Thanks man. 

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2762-sarge-aggro-makes-players-immune-to-domes/

sry i had a major isue with my phone provider ,so my last post wasnt displayed !

u can use this cleanup fsm for dzai+sarge thats exctly what i do on my own dedicated machine !

and my cleanup.fsm is designed to make it work with multiple addons another one would be 

" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != (""ParachuteWest"" or ""ParachuteEast"" or ""ParachuteG"" or ""ParachuteC"")) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && != 1) ) then {" \n

this and that's the one i used for my rMod2.1 Server

lost-soldiers.soundmarine.at

hm i never had that on my epoch or on my rMod2.1 servers ,can u give me the script and or the mission.sqm,so i can look into it !

btw i made a siren sound script [bout 5 months old and working) , if anyone wants it .contact me!

• 2 weeks later...

As i got no thx or great job for this over dayzcc.tk ,so i thought the epoch community would be the right place to release this !

Today i decided to release my merged Mission System with Sarge AI !

So i merged TheSzerdis and lazyinks version together ,now the mission system runs 26 Missions !

Got the Permissions already from TheSzerdi and also the permission from lazyink !

THX to these guys ,they did a great job!

Next Step for me is to bring up new Missions with DayZ Bandit AI ... help and or ideas for missions would be great  !!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rv6xhohjcja4yy/Merged%20Mission%20System.7z

As i got no thx or great job for this over dayzcc.tk ,so i thought the epoch community would be the right place to release this !

Today i decided to release my merged Mission System with Sarge AI !

So i merged TheSzerdis and lazyinks version together ,now the mission system runs 26 Missions !

Got the Permissions already from TheSzerdi and also the permission from lazyink !

THX to these guys ,they did a great job!

Next Step for me is to bring up new Missions with DayZ Bandit AI ... help and or ideas for missions would be great  !!!!

Hello Fuchs,

Thanks for this contribution :D

I'm gonna install this mission edition today, and will get back to this thread when i get it running to give some backup where needed.

Maybe this is a little offtopic, but does someone have experience with getting Sarge AI Static placements to work?

Current mission system with sarge ai works on my server perfectly, but static AI (configured in the "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf") spawn without weapons. They do spawn, and on the right location. Just without any weapons.

EDIT:

For my first backup on this thread:

I just checked a few of the "SM.sqf" files, and saw this:

_chopper = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Since epoch 1.0.2.4. these classnames aren't used anymore (as far as i know, might be different on other servers). They should be called "UH1H_DZE" and "Mi17_DZE".

If they don't end with DZE you will be unable to sell them at traders. I'm not 100% sure, but i think it only applies on the armored vehicles.

thx for your reply man !

im looking into it since the original merged mission from me is 2 months old,and was working on my DayZ vanilla server !

Update: changed some classnames

For your issue send me the file im gonna try to fix it !

Maybe this is a little offtopic, but does someone have experience with getting Sarge AI Static placements to work?

Current mission system with sarge ai works on my server perfectly, but static AI (configured in the "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf") spawn without weapons. They do spawn, and on the right location. Just without any weapons.

Well that explains it. Epoch has had 2 updates within the last 2 months so!

I haven't been able to test all missions yet (only 4 spawned so far on my server) But, i haven't had any problems so far. I'll test some more the next few hours.

As for the static spawn problem, i will PM you if i can attach files.

Thanks to Fuchs edited Sarge AI i got my static spawns working as well.

For people who are interested in this mission extension & sarge ai, i got it up and running perfectly on my server and i'll try to help in this thread as well.

Maybe as a suggestion on the missions:

- Make the loot rewards more dynamic (for example, use chance rates on items) <- that way you'll have to put some effort in it to get a DMR for example (or could be lucky). Also, the rewards would never be the same which to me seems nicer, and more real. Could maybe also depend on the mission difficulty or something.

- Would be cool to see them use an armored vehicle that would spawn within the mission to make things more interesting.

- Anything that would make the missions a little more difficult (it's pretty easy to shoot the AI from 400-500m with a sniper without getting shot, i've also seen people just drive them over with a truck without getting killed lol!)