Suicide?

MadMartyr

So, one of our players returned as a zombie today, and we couldn't figure out how to get him back without one of us killing him (which appears to decrease the humanity of the player pulling the trigger).  What's the easiest way to suicide as a zombie so that you come back as an uninfected player?

Hrm.  I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way this could be done.  I've seen videos of scripts that give a true suicide option where it shows the character putting his sidearm to his head and pulling the trigger.  I can't help but think that something similar could be worked in here.  I mean, the options are certainly enough currently, though I'd rather not ever turn in to a zombie at all (since my server is private and for survival against the zeds).

Could we maybe get an option for init.sqf to disable zombie respawning and possibly just have consequences when infected like reduced weight capacity, gradual loss of blood, etc?

I've been through all the animations available and didn't find anything that would constitute a zombie killing itself. I did however find two different animations of a player putting a gun to his head and ending it all.

I have to step in as i feel partially responsible for the infected player concept and its addition to the mod.

The infected player took a lot of work to add and was well thought out as a game mechanic, we wanted some kind of punishment for infection. We felt like the infection/coughing didnt have a purpose in the vanilla dayzmod.

first off, if you die infected you change, so you need to make sure you have antibiotics on hand (and you need to make sure you can hear your character coughing)

second if you accidentally die while infected and respawn as an infected player you can easily kill yourself by running to the next town and calling the horde, jumping off a building etc....

the infected player is a main feature and I dont think it will be removed from the main mod we may later make a way to disable the feature.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the concept.  And, as I stated previously, I know there are ways to handle returning from the dead.  I was just looking at possibilities for servers like mine where the focus is much more on surviving against them than potentially using them against others.  As an example, our little server has a maximum of 6 players in any given week.  We're all friends, and just want to run through the towns and kill zombies together.  We put together special events, like manhunts (one guy starts in city X and tries to make it to city Y without dying within Z minutes) and so forth to get the most of our gaming time, but that's as far as our PvP goes.  Spawning as a zombie just isn't high on our list of fun, while we love grabbing tons of loot and selling to buy things to upgrade our base or get better weapons and vehicles.

Whilst I love the idea of being "reborn" as a zombie after death if infected. It still feels like a separate life rather than a continuation of your previous as a zombie.

Suggestions if possible...

1. When you return as a zombie, can you spawn near your previous world-space/location before death?

2. As a zombie, can you possibly keep your gear. Disabled fn_selfactions and damageactions. (Effectively a walking/sprinting pinata that can scream and hit)

3. Is it possible to have the same cloths/model with just the zombie face?

4. Zombie Vision? - Change of the filtered effects to something more suited to the Blood-lust of a Running Zombie "Rage"

http://opendayz.net/threads/collection-of-cool-colour-corrections.9267/

5. When zombie you dies, then your body can be looted.

the infected player is a new player (as you do respawn and are wearing different clothing) more like being reincarnated than dying and actually changing. the concept was meant to be a punishment for not paying attention and taking antibiotics, it also has the added effect of making survivors nervous and suspicious as they blend in with stock zombies perfectly when played by an experienced player.

1. as this was meant as a punishment and never meant as a "continuation" of a previous life this doesnt make much sense in those terms.

2.and 5. (see 1.)

3. (see 1.)

4. we have already implemented infected player vision, in its current implementation it works like a red night vision (works well at night but not at all during the day) this could be tweaked and made better.

Cheers VBGreen.

Wasn't certain on the overall reasoning for the Zombie Players,

Figured it was to increase the immersion more so than as a punishment if you get an infection before death. 

I look forward to any updates to come.  :)

I like the idea of respawning where you died or at least in an arc of that area so if you're killed by a bandit then they don't just camp your spawn to finish you as a zombie. I think that would be much better than respawning on the coast. Perhaps to stop ghosting if you're in a group it could be stated in chat that "XX has respawned as a zombie" so if your group kills someone, you see that name popup you know to shoot the zombies now to.

Unless there is a way to force it to change you to a zombie/strip your gear instead of killing you first when you take the fatal blow as a survivor, then there would be no respawning as such only a quick clothing change.