PATCH 1.0.2.4 Bug reporting thread

Axle

I've noticed as of 1.0.2.4, you are unable to respawn when you're a fresh spawn with broken legs. Being isolated out in the middle of nowhere with broken legs can potentially mean 30+ minutes of crawling to find a zombie. 

Edit: Nevermind, may be server specific issue. Confirmed stock epoch does not appear to suffer this issue. 

Edited by Gimmic

Fuel pump cannot place on the ground , just says building in progress , then it bugs your character out as then your unable to enter a vehicle or lock/unlock a vehicle.

fixed for 1.0.2.5

Plot poles when placed fall over. On server restart they are erected as normal ^_^

Will look at using another object

Certainly seeing item loss issues in safes. Seems to be mostly isolated to _magazines item types. 

Can you reproduce this, and if so how?

I spent some time tonight trying, it is just tedious and I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I'll spend some more time tomorrow night testing.

The loss appears to be isolated to items(_magazine). Since the save mechanism is the same for each type, maybe it is a bad item causing a syntax error(not escaped?)

I don't know.. pulling at straws, but several people people have spoken up with identical issues. It's just frustrating because the items obviously represent a lot of time spent, losing 200 cinderblock/mortar/breifcases etc in one bug is a significant loss.

Avid Epoch player here. here are some new bugs i have found.

1. Aircraft dealer- the new way that air vehicles spawn is bad. They will parachute in and either blow up right away or be damaged, to where you have to fix all the glass. This is a pain.
  2. When you try and buy a mozzie, it BLOWS UP RIGHT AWAY.
  3. The rear gunner view of the chinook is backwards. ( unable to aim at all )
  4. Please make dynamic base buildings, zombie proof. We are tired of zombies walking through walls, barbed wire, sandbags, ect.
  5. make safes really strong but have a limit to where they will get destroyed with some gear in tact.

Avid Epoch player here. here are some new bugs i have found.

1. Aircraft dealer- the new way that air vehicles spawn is bad. They will parachute in and either blow up right away or be damaged, to where you have to fix all the glass. This is a pain.
  2. When you try and buy a mozzie, it BLOWS UP RIGHT AWAY.
  3. The rear gunner view of the chinook is backwards. ( unable to aim at all )
  4. Please make dynamic base buildings, zombie proof. We are tired of zombies walking through walls, barbed wire, sandbags, ect.
  5. make safes really strong but have a limit to where they will get destroyed with some gear in tact.

The zombies walking through placed objects isn't a bug in 1.0.2.4. It's always been there. However I've noticed that after a server restart the zombies respect the fact that there is an object there now and will try to walk around it, or just stop in front of it.

The zombies walking through placed objects isn't a bug in 1.0.2.4. It's always been there. However I've noticed that after a server restart the zombies respect the fact that there is an object there now and will try to walk around it, or just stop in front of it.

No, it depends on where you build, for example if you build a square, and it is linked together on all sides, they will not get through, but if you put 2-3 walls down, they will not respect that. Either way, it should be fixed. Restart Does nothing.

Default epoch install on test box. Noticed errors in RPT. Files containing the errors are default, so I searched the database for the hitpoints listed in the RPT.

0:44:45 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
 0:44:47 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
 0:44:47 "HIVE: Starting"
 0:44:48 "HIVE: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,20,44]"
 0:44:48 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
 0:44:48 "HIVE: found 1287 objects"
 0:44:48 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
 0:44:48 Error in expression <predni P",0.211],["sklo predni L",0.323]>
 0:44:48   Error position: <>
 0:44:48   Error Missing ]
 0:44:48 Error in expression <predni P",0.211],["sklo predni L",0.323]>
 0:44:48   Error position: <>
 0:44:48   Error Missing ]
 0:44:48 Error in expression <ray = call compile format ["%1",_data];
_resultArray
};
server_characterSync = >
 0:44:48   Error position: <_resultArray
};
server_characterSync = >
 0:44:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _resultarray
 0:44:48 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 130
 0:44:48 Error in expression <iveReadWrite;
_objectArray set [_i - 1, _hiveResponse];

};
diag_log ("HIVE: got>
 0:44:48   Error position: <_hiveResponse];
};
diag_log ("HIVE: got>
 0:44:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _hiveresponse
 0:44:48 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 137

Ran this query  mysql database's workbench to find all affected vehicles:

select * from object_data where hitpoints like '% %';

Example result of a single record below. (Returned 33 for me during 1st test,and many more during extended testing)

[["sklo_p",1],["sklo_p1",0.564],["sklo_p2",0.533],["sklo_l1",1],["sklo_l2",0.012],["sklo_z",1],["levy predni tlumic",0.012],["levy zadni tlumic",0.012],["pravy predni tlumic",0.654],["pravy zadni tlumic",0.023],["motor",0.239],["sklo predni P",0.133],["sklo predni L",0.415],["karoserie",0.566],["palivo",0.028]]

Notice how there are spaces where a underscore should be. Ingame this causes the affected parts to not show up at all on the vehicle's menu's, meaning they cannot be repaired or salvaged. It also caused some vehicles with this error to not spawn in at all, even though listed in the database.

This is happening to new vehicles of all kinds that are spawning with server restarts. SUVs, helis, trucks, pretty much every kind of vehicle. To test, I increased the default spawn of cars from 50 to 300, then deleted all vehicles out of object_data table. Sure enough, the new vehicles spawn in with spaces rather than underscores in the hit points field.