Not possible to remove ammo from vehicles

Robinajax

Question

20 answers to this question

Just a note:

[CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havoc. Change this with by using non "_DZE" classes of vehicles.

From the Rolling change log for latest update.

So it should work :/ Ill check with players on my server 

p.s

I love the fact that you have to find ammo for armed vehicles : D

Just a note:

[CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havoc. Change this with by using non "_DZE" classes of vehicles.

From the Rolling change log for latest update.

So it should work :/ Ill check with players on my server 

p.s

I love the fact that you have to find ammo for armed vehicles : D

Read it again please before saying something like that.

I'm very disappointed with that, because of the resets to 0 after restart. Who will use ammo for vehicles now if there are restarts every 3 hours for example? Hope this will be changed soon. Thank you for your quick response though, appreciate it.

Its better than having overpowered hmmwvs driving around fully loaded with ammo after every restart. But not being able remove ammo is as you say, disappointing. Hope they can fix it. Good luck

Because DayZ Epoch does not track the ammo of magazines like DayZ does it has to be that way, otherwise players can simply remove a canister that has at least 1 round left, wait for the server to restart, and get a full ammo canister. It is already lame enough that players can do that with regular magazines, much less vehicle ammo. Until DayZ Epoch starts tracking magazine ammo it should be this way.

I wouldn't mind so much if someone (maybe from the dev team) could post a list of the Ammo Classnames that I need to add to my traders so people can purchase fresh ammo after each restart.  Some of my players are saying they can't find ammunition for certain vehicles, all they're able to find is ammunition for the helis.    

We have found one ammo supply crate on the side of a road and several supply drops which had building supplies and, once the wooden crate is broken, vehicle ammo. The ammo also can come from helicopter crashes and from military loot. Class names are in the change log:

[ADDED] Added lootable ammo 100Rnd_127x99_M2,48Rnd_40mm_MK19,50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM, 29Rnd_30mm_AGS30, 2000Rnd_762x51_M134 to Helicrash and Military Special loot tables.

You can increase the number of ammo crates that spawn on the side of the road at server start with MaxAmmoBoxes. The default is three.

I just updated my server to the latest patch yesterday, and I have to say I'm not keen on this new feature. Is there any way I can disable this?

I saw this but don't really understand it.

I think we just should not have armed vehicles at all, IMO.

I agree. Should be about infantry combat not which uber group can amass the most heavy weaponry vehicles and rule a server with their stock piles of vehicle ammo.

On our server we seem to have vehicle ammo spawning in the barracks!

I just updated my server to the latest patch yesterday, and I have to say I'm not keen on this new feature. Is there any way I can disable this?

I saw this but don't really understand it.

Armed vehicles which have _DZE at the end of their class name will have their ammo emptied on server restart. Vehicles which do not have that added will have their ammo refilled on server restart.

Example: ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE, on server restart ammo will be reduced to 0 rounds. ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ, on server restart ammo will be reset to 2,000 rounds.

I agree. Should be about infantry combat not which uber group can amass the most heavy weaponry vehicles and rule a server with their stock piles of vehicle ammo.

On our server we seem to have vehicle ammo spawning in the barracks!

The ammo has been added to the military loot table. Hangers, tents, ATCs, etc, can spawn the ammo as loot.

Armed vehicles which have _DZE at the end of their class name will have their ammo emptied on server restart. Vehicles which do not have that added will have their ammo refilled on server restart.

Example: ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE, on server restart ammo will be reduced to 0 rounds. ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ, on server restart ammo will be reset to 2,000 rounds.

The ammo has been added to the military loot table. Hangers, tents, ATCs, etc, can spawn the ammo as loot.

EDIT: Never mind, found it

We're using the _DZ classnames, NOT the _DZE and vehicle ammo is still being stripped. Any ideas?

Do I need to uncomment this?:

// _object setVehicleAmmo DZE_vehicleAmmo;

Before I checked classnames for the armed vehicles I checked their ammo and they had full ammo after server restart. I then changed the classnames to the new _DZE variety they did not have any ammo after restarting the server. Something is wrong for you.