How do you promote you're server ?

Dutch Vertigo

Hello, 

I'm wondering how you guys promote your servers?

I've got a few servers, with good scripts etc. that i think players would really like.

My max online players were about 10-15, lately it's only 5.

How did you guys become successful when it comes to getting players on your server? 

Thanks alot for any help and suggestions!!!

Well, I also had an Overpoch Server in the past. The average Players were on about 35 Players which was awesome for us! The reason why there were so many Players was, that we have a large community http://www.germandayz.de you maybe know it as an Austrian. An other thing was maybe that it was the first or one of the first Servers running OverPoch. I think atm you have to do something realy new. My team and me were playing on the fummelbude.eu Epoch Server. I can tell you the reasons why we played there till it went offlien due to running costs.

• The Performance was awesome !
  • Spawned vehicles (withoit keys) despawned every night at 4 am I think. You were able to sell them for a lot of Money so vehicles were valuable again, like in the past in DayZ Vanilla. Vehicles to buy were pretty expensive, so much People just tried to find one instead of buying an atv which blocks the spawn for other spawning vehicles. Abandoned locked vehicles despawned after 4 days.
  • Building supplies were expensive like hell, so Players had to farm or clear a lot of missions to get a nice base
  • The missions were pretty hard.
  • You were able to build your bike with a Toolbox but you didnt had one when spawning in

I think making it as hard as possible is making Players Play a lot of time on your Server !

Ive got Tanks, jets and apaches for high prices, hard missions and verry high spec dedicated server with the best possible internet connection.

Guess we have to grow our community. any tips on doing that ?

This isn't wasteland. You would be more surprised how many people hate playing EZ mode Epoch. They want the raw gritty aspect of what DayZ is known to be.

2uoi4pd.jpg

Hey Everyone

I am General Gizmo Founder of The Gremlins Paradise ( TGP ).

We have recently opent a server called

TGP Gaming - Cherno - As real as it gets

IP: 62.194.247.97

Port : 2302

Visible on Dayz Laucher

Not on Dayz Commander but 

you are able to connect by using 

the above IP and port

Make sure to use    -mod=@Dayz_Epoch;      in your parameters

We Have Walking Zombies.   As it should be

We focus on the reality of a zombie apocalypse and what would happen to the militairy and general public.

for example. we have AI patrolling the map on Foot, Vehicles and choppers.

with you have an 50% chance they will engage you when they pass you by.  and they will open fire when you get to close.

if you carry a radio you will get a warning signal that your getting to close to danger so you can more self aware of your surroundings.

also nice is when your close to an AI that is hunting a player you can recieve commandos over you radio given by the commander of that AI team. Reporting informations as the name of the player there hunting and what they think his position will me.

Nice feature for those who like to snipe and silencly sneak up to someone.

We you like to invite you to come join our of a kind server that gives you a brand new look on dayz epoch.

We focus on reality as wanna try to get as real as it can be.  

For the next 100 to join our sever you recieve a buch of items like a armored vehicle, a crate with guns. ( as50 ) incl.  

a safe, plotpool and some building materials to start of and make a small structure to store your items. 

For more info to go     Http://www.TGP-Gaming.Webs.Com

And have much fun  :)   

cya online

Gizmo

Also this isn't how you should promote your server. The guy blatantly broke several rules and it makes people not want to join his server. Instead promote in the community servers section, reddit, dayzmod.com, and just wait. People will find your server and if they like it they will stay and tell their friends.

Ive got Tanks, jets and apaches for high prices, hard missions and verry high spec dedicated server with the best possible internet connection.

Guess we have to grow our community. any tips on doing that ?

Drop the tanks, jets, owya, and the apaches.

^^

people want doable stuff for everyone. if a freshspawn ( new guy) get killed by a tank, he is like, " fuck this server". And he leaves :).

Drop the tanks, jets, owya, and the apaches.

^^

people want doable stuff for everyone. if a freshspawn ( new guy) get killed by a tank, he is like, " fuck this server". And he leaves :).

This is true, unless your offering tanks on spawn in, boom i'll come and wreck stuff :P

I´ve been hosting DayZ servers for quite a while now. Some of them popular, some of them not...

The secret behind getting it popular...

- Play on it. Get about 3-4 friends and play on the server... 24/7. And if you don´t play, make your char sit in a corner... just don´t let the server show a 0/35 players. 

- It takes quite a while, maybe even weeks. Eventually players wil pop in and after you get to a threshold of, let´s say 10-15 people, you´re good to go.

- Be available. People will scream for an admin and your´re the admin. So BE the admin... solve technical problems, know your database, take care of scripts

- Use DarT... log in via DarT, a quick shout-out to all the players and they will notice that someone actually cares for the server and the players

- Don`t be a dick.

- Don´t abuse your admin powers. Once you´ve got a small regular player base and you abuse your admin powers, the server will drop dead.

- If you don´t have the time to take care of a server, don´t even think about starting one.