Missions?

Osiris72

Arma 3 Epoch is my first Epoch so a post it note would be too much for my knowledge of Epoch history.

I've seen speak on these forums about Missions being implemented.  Would these missions be like they are in Wasteland where they are visible on the map and everyone rushes to them?

Or

Could they just be random spawns of say for example a convoy that randomly spawns that goes from point A to point B along the roads, has AI of course and considerable resources.  Of course the AI should match the value of the resources.  

I like the idea of randomness and stumbling upon it :)  It would encourage exploration.  Imagine being in a town and all the sudden you have 2 transport trucks and 2 hunters full with AI as protection rolling through.  Can you take them with what you have in gear and people at that moment?

I also see the pluses in a broadcast mission with map markers as in Wasteland...it gets players in the same general area which can lead to more action and competition.

Or

Maybe we can have both hehe.

It is something being worked on and will not be rush to the box, though having that as an option will not be ruled out.

We want real missions where the input and outcome have some randomness and the mission interacts with players and the environment. 

Some good feedback here already and has given me inspiration for a new mission delivery method :)

That's good to hear axeman, thank you for all you guys' work.  

Was also thinking of a mission like what is in Arma as a showcase I think, where you have to steal a vehicle from a heavily guarded base then use it to attack another. lol

Could be all kinds of variants like instead of a armored vehicle.....a loaded with goodies transport truck, (maybe the AI calls in reinforcements once you steal it and you have to drive like....well like you stole it to escape) .....or even a heli :)