Safes and Lone Wolves.

Hi There,

So I've been playing Epoch for a while now, and I've spent a lot of time talking with the solo players on the server I frequent, and all I seem to hear is misery stories of having camps raided and gold lost before they are able to save enough to purchase themselves a safe.

Originally I put this down to them not hiding their camp well enough etc, or skillful banditry, but I've been thinking about it recently and thought this might be a interesting observation/solution for the Epoch team to even the playing field a little for solo players.

I propose introducing a 3 tier safe system, similar to how the bags are currently different sizes.

Tier 1: "Lockbox"

Cost: 2 10oz Gold.

Item slots: 15

Use: 2 10oz gold is definitely achievable for a solo player in one session, allowing them the choice to have a box to store either 1 gun and 2 mags, or use to save for a larger safe much more safely, and it doesn't stop bandit players from being able to raid the rest of whatever camp this player has set up.

Tier 2: "Safe"

Cost: 12 10oz Gold

Item Slots: 200, 20 Guns, 10 Backpacks.

Use: This is the current safe in Epoch, and it would stay essentially the same.

Tier 3: "Vault"

Cost: 5 50oz Gold

Item Slots: 500, 50 Guns, 20 Backpacks.

Use: Clan level storage, Larger model so it's more obvious to other players they are in a clan held area. The only issue with this idea is the need to introduce another tier of gold storage. However this tier isn't strictly necessary, just an extra interesting thought.

Anyway, I'd love to hear other players experiences with safes, the dev's thoughts on this idea, and potential ideas on how to make Epoch more fun for lone wolves.

I like this idea! The server i play on is still running a 1.0.0.1 build and every vendor that sales safes never has any. This would increase the chances of players getting a safe once he or she has money. Took me forever to save up 12 10oz gold.

• 3 weeks later...

A cheaper, version of the safe is definitely needed for lone wolf players like myself. A simple crate with a padlock on it could prevent most players from accessing the content without a crowbar. But the primary benefit should be cheap small, movable and not so easily detected from the air(much like the storage box from origins).

An alternative would be to add a basket/saddlebag to bicycles with a few cargo slots for mags or items so solo players can hide their ride a little better.