Suggestion : Destroy/Destroyed Cars give Scrap metal

DMstratz

I your opinion, to not exist of loot not understand. Where is the long time since the motivation in the game, when after 1 day has all been together? 
Straining to your heads and forms groups. Then the joy of playing is preserved longer. 

PS: I think there are still too many things you can find.

I kinda like it.

I mean cars are still somewhat rare, so it wouldn't be an issue of too much availability. I think it should require full energy/hunger/thirst/perhaps even minor damage, so if you get energized in the car it is your decision to use it for parts, or sell the vehicle for $K and retain energy. So it takes away some of the instant building capability.

This could implemented for all building materials, like take cinder blocks/mortar from an existing building. But for the salvage metal and cinder blocks you should need a rare tool to get the materials, and the tools would have a pretty high chance of breaking after salvaging the materials. 

I like the idea but don´t think it would balance right, so easy to collect vehicle´s on restarts.. To those that say vehicle´s are rare are We even playing the same mod? after restarts vehicle´s are all over the place.

Maybe just make it a small chance then? Make it so you could waste a car and not get anything to prevent people from doing it too often. 

Yeah, random chance of dropping stuff. We were playing on a server running Stratis and there are vehicles all over the place missing wheels. Yet you have to search for hours to find a repair part even with 6 people in a group. If we had the option to dismantle the ones that were there and have a chance to repair another would be really nice. 

Maybe make it a small chance and the vehicle has to be damaged in the first place? 

I don't know if there are plans to make the repair/salvage system like in DayZ Epoch, but if there aren't, here are my suggestions:

• Salvaging from repairable vehicles = small chance to find a random amount of vehicle repair parts
  • Every salvage action will damage the vehicle, more damage = lower chance to find parts and maybe even a chance of explosion (to spicen things up a bit ;))
  • This way you would only try to salvage a vehicle a few times before it's not worth the effort and risk anymore
  • Salvaging from rusty wrecks = small chance to find a random amount of small salvage metals
  • The bigger the wreck the better the chance to find some metal, or even a large metal sheet
  • A wreck is salvagable only once per server restart
  • Salvaging as well as repairing should be a timed actions. Insta-repair is nice but not very immersive :P