Oh no please no more zombies...

Emton

Stashing stuff somewhere secret isn't secure.

The four trader cities you refer to, I would liken them to spawn points with traders. I'm talking about large areas like Stary from Chernarus.

Do you open fire on someone while carrying loads of gear close to your safe/lockbox?

In its current state the game offers little else other than pvp. If a player or group has a goal to accomplish, they're hardly likely to camp the airfield.

I may be wrong, but I don't think my logic is silly on this matter.

I think groups can have plenty of goals. These include scouring the map for several types of vehicles (car, heli, boat) and doing lots of looting to get materials to build a base, and soon there will be a mission system. If everyone's stuff becomes untouchable (money in banks, indestructible bases) they will just eventually stock up an almost infinite amount of resources (money in the bank, vehicles locked in indestructible bases, all gathered loot inaccessible to intruders). When this happens, the only thing that will be happening is PvP. With so much security of resources, there won't be any risk of losing money or getting your base raided or losing a vehicle because you have so many more. The insecurity and risk forces people to be more cautious, for example because they don't want to shoot at people when they are loaded with money or loot or close to their secret base/tipi location and I think reduces the PvP. People will always have other goals than killing people. One of the things I love about people Epoch is that I can gain a lot from more than simply running and gunning. I can raid bases, steal vehicles, and steal krypto. I think that there needs to be balance of the security of a player's wealth and some of your suggestions take that security too far for my tastes. 

I think groups can have plenty of goals. These include scouring the map for several types of vehicles (car, heli, boat) and doing lots of looting to get materials to build a base, and soon there will be a mission system.

You do understand I'm referring to the present Epoch build, right? Bases are no use nor ornament at present as they can't be secured apparently. Currently having a vehicle is only good for doing the same shit we do on foot, you just do it quicker. Once we have missions, then vehicles, and our time, will have  more of a purpose.

If everyone's stuff becomes untouchable (money in banks, indestructible bases) they will just eventually stock up an almost infinite amount of resources (money in the bank, vehicles locked in indestructible bases, all gathered loot inaccessible to intruders). When this happens, the only thing that will be happening is PvP. 

I'm of the opinion that it's more fun fighting a powerful opponent at his castle, than a pauper in his tin shed. Regarding being inaccessible, may I point out that indestructible doesn't mean you can't gain access into it with a bit of thinking and good game play.

With so much security of resources, there won't be any risk of losing money or getting your base raided or losing a vehicle because you have so many more.

I understand your concern about a player's money not being at risk, but that could be easily overcome by say having the banking system, if it ever sees the light of day, limited to a capped amount like we saw in CCG Arma2 Epoch. 

You can still raid indestructible bases and smash up all their shit if you so choose. Even if they do have 1000 briefcases of gold in their safes, it'll still piss them off losing their cars and being owned, but it won't make them rage quit the server.

The insecurity and risk forces people to be more cautious, for example because they don't want to shoot at people when they are loaded with money or loot or close to their secret base/tipi location and I think reduces the PvP. People will always have other goals than killing people. One of the things I love about people Epoch is that I can gain a lot from more than simply running and gunning. and some of your suggestions take that security too far for my tastes.  I can raid bases, steal vehicles, and steal krypto. I think that there needs to be balance of the security of a player's wealth

Long may that continue, and I agree about the balance, hence my original suggestions.

and some of your suggestions take that security too far for my tastes. 

I'd be more inclined to suggest you simply didn't understand what you were tasting.

I like sappers, I like cultists, and I hope for more strange enemies, for example:

- All kinds of mutants. Headless, legless, 2 heads, 4 arms, 6 legs, whatever is possible. Make them use different attacks like biting, toxic breath, heat/cold emittance, jumping on your head like Mario.

- Different types of cultists. I heard there were fire cultists in 0.1, bring them back please. Add ice cultist which would freeze you and slow you down, and toxic cultists which throw Melf's Acid Arrow.

- Replace the lame-ass UAV with a floating eyeball that summons the cultists when it spots you. Would make much more sense.

- A huge tough monster would be great. It could appear once every server restart anywhere on the map just like epicenters. It would roam around the area and destroy any building in its way. Players would have to work together and use big guns and tons of ammo to bring it down. The dead monster would drop tons of meat, pelts, and random gear from all those puny humans it has eaten alive before.

:D

- A huge tough monster would be great. It could appear once every server restart anywhere on the map just like epicenters. It would roam around the area and destroy any building in its way. Players would have to work together and use big guns and tons of ammo to bring it down. The dead monster would drop tons of meat, pelts, and random gear from all those puny humans it has eaten alive before.

:D

In this alternate universe, buddy, your huge monster won't be dropping meat and pelts.

I like the sappers and I REALLY like the way the new cultists (we call them reapers) attack. Makes them way more formidable. I do think that sappers should be a more common occurrence. Like I remember seeing a video before the alpha went public of a group searching a town. Then a sapper appeared and players retreated into a house then shot the sapper. The players then started to look around the house but didnt leave a lookout and two sappers ran in the building and blew up on the players in there. Yes it would stink to lose your gear but intense moments like that are what makes mods like this. You don't want to be overwhelmed but you want to have to fight for your life and come out of it with your heart beating like a drum. One more thing I would like to add (not about the AI). I feel like some of the coolest moments in game are the super cloudy overcast with threat of (though not necessarily occurring) rain. Just gives the landscape of altis a gloomy feel and I love playing this mod when its a little dark and not lit up like the inside of a lightbulb. Lightening really adds to the ambiance too but I know it cant be doing that all the time.

Yea well it's still Alpha right so even if they took them out it's not like they lost a whole lot of work. They should get rid of them and focus on making a fully player driven economy, the base building and balancing the survival aspects and forget armless exploding zombies... Not trying to be rude or insult anyone I'm just calling it like I see it...

For one thing...Zombies is part of Epoch...period.

For another...there is already something out that exactly fits what you are trying to say...Arma 3 Life: http://arma3-life.com/

Now please stop bashing and trying to make a game (That YOU didn't make btw.) like what YOU want.

Go to the link, find your happy 'No zombies, no AI, base building, player economy' there, and leave these good people alone.

You can secure your wealth by buying small valuable items such as gems, gold, whiskey noodle and stashing them away somewhere secret.

Aaand that requires that the trader actually has those items for sale.

Now please stop bashing and trying to make a game (That YOU didn't make btw.) like what YOU want.

Go to the link, find your happy 'No zombies, no AI, base building, player economy' there, and leave these good people alone.

Please, guys, stop with the fanboi aggression. People are allowed to express their opinions. Obviously, you don't have to agree with them, but stop treating people like shit. If you do this you're going to drive away people with good ideas. The popular idea isn't always the best idea. If the devs don't give two shits about what their playerbase thinks then touche. But I don't think this is the case. So, by all means, counter with your own opinions, but stop harassing people. It's not cool and it's not going to win you brownie points.

For one thing...Zombies is part of Epoch...period.

Zombies are part of DayZ. Arma 2 Epoch was part of DayZ, not the other way around. And yeah, even though I get what you're saying, there is a reason for correcting this.

You do understand I'm referring to the present Epoch build, right? Bases are no use nor ornament at present as they can't be secured apparently. Currently having a vehicle is only good for doing the same shit we do on foot, you just do it quicker. Once we have missions, then vehicles, and our time, will have more of a purpose.

But all of the features are going to be implemented eventually and the base fix is going to happen pretty soon. So, eventually there will be several goals a player can have. In my experience, getting a vehicle is a major goal and can help with the other ones (going between cities to loot faster to get base materials, storage) and is an advantage I like to have.

I'm of the opinion that it's more fun fighting a powerful opponent at his castle, than a pauper in his tin shed. Regarding being inaccessible, may I point out that indestructible doesn't mean you can't gain access into it with a bit of thinking and good game play.

For me indestructible almost means inaccessible because if I can't blow a wall up, I have to camp the base door (which I think is a dick move) until they open a door, and if they have an air lock system even then I can't get into their base. If you know any other ways to get into an indestructible base, please share them. I agree fighting a big group can be fun, but if everyone has a big group and a huge base and a lot of resources, there really aren't anymore goals to pursue and the game becomes only PvP.

I understand your concern about a player's money not being at risk, but that could be easily overcome by say having the banking system, if it ever sees the light of day, limited to a capped amount like we saw in CCG Arma2 Epoch.

I agree. If they do implement a bank system, I hope that they have a cap for it.

You can still raid indestructible bases and smash up all their shit if you so choose. Even if they do have 1000 briefcases of gold in their safes, it'll still piss them off losing their cars and being owned, but it won't make them rage quit the server.

How do you do raid a base like this? How do you get to the cars if they are locked away? And even if you do, you don't really gain anything besides perhaps making them mad, you get no loot or vehicles, etc. You are doing it more for the hell of it, just for the PvP, not because you are working towards one of the aforementioned goals. I think there should be safes, but they are very rare so most loot has to be accessible to anyone who can get next to the loot container.

Long may that continue, and I agree about the balance, hence my original suggestions.

I hope it does, but in my opinion your suggestion make a player's wealth too secure.

I'd be more inclined to suggest you simply didn't understand what you were tasting.

And I'm saying that we just simply have a difference of opinion.

Overall your suggestions take out too much risk for me and lets people accomplish their goals too fast. I think we have different ideas of what the game should be, and when the server files are released, I am sure that there will be servers that cater to both of our suggestions.

For me, Nic, once you have a base and wealth, the game you play changes. Over the course of working for your shit, friends and foes are formed. What follows, certainly for our group on A2 Epoch, is clan and base battles with a bit of looting thrown in to top up the supplies. Fun times and some of my best gaming experiences I've had. The oneupmanship is far more satisfying than the wealth in the vaults. While this is pvp, it isn't the same as mindlessly slaughtering some random player that hasn't antagonised you.

Yes you get the Goldbergs that do nothing but add to their wealth, but that's not for me or the majority I know. Each to their own though.

Regarding accessing bases, you have to remember that not all players build full cinder bases, so there's still some explosion fun to be had. And even if they do have full cinder bases, camping their doors is fun, but that measure is usually only bestowed upon those base cowards that snipe from the safety of their towers. But in the past we've flown onto occupied bases SAS style and overcome the cowards inside. We got wasted a few times too, but had much fun trying.

All the above aside, my reason for indestructible bases is to allow players to sleep tightly at night in the knowledge that their hard work isn't about to go up in smoke. That shit just pisses players off and persuades them to play something else. However, if they lose it through a poor choice of materials, then they can't cry about it.

Zombies are part of DayZ. Arma 2 Epoch was part of DayZ, not the other way around. And yeah, even though I get what you're saying, there is a reason for correcting this.

I stand corrected, thank you.  Every epoch server I ever played on A2 had zombies in it...didn't know that was from the DayZ thing.

As far as the fanboi aggression thing goes...having opinions is one thing...constantly pressing for features only 'they' wanted is another.

All I was trying to do was reprimand he/she/it for bashing on a game that is obviously going in the direction the Devs want. That's all.

I stand corrected, thank you.  Every epoch server I ever played on A2 had zombies in it...didn't know that was from the DayZ thing.

As far as the fanboi aggression thing goes...having opinions is one thing...constantly pressing for features only 'they' wanted is another.

All I was trying to do was reprimand he/she/it for bashing on a game that is obviously going in the direction the Devs want. That's all.

I haven't been "constantly pressing" for anything all I've made is 1 thread and a few posts in it. I'm just giving my opinion, me personally, I'd be more interested in Epoch if it was; players only with a detailed dynamic player driven market system, detailed survival mechanics and base building. If the devs want to go a more fantasy route that is fine I'll check on the mod from time to time and see how it's going...

i think the op has right to his opinion, i dont know why there is such rage for what one guy thinks ^^ 

I do like the sappers myself, first thing that happend to me when i got epoch for arma 3 is death by sapper, i dident read up or anything coz i played it for arma 2, logged in, looted, sapper came stopped and blowed up in my face, i got scared as shit then laughed about it hard(and my friends in ts laughed about it to, no they dident warn me) :)

edit: i spell like shit

i think the op has right to his opinion, i dont know why there is such rage for what one guy thinks ^^ 

I do like the sappers myself, first thing that happend to me when i got epoch for arma 3 is death by sapper, i dident read up or anything coz i played it for arma 2, logged in, looted, sapper came stopped and blowed up in my face, i got scared as shit then laughed about it hard(and my friends in ts laughed about it to, no they dident warn me) :)

edit: i spell like shit

First one I saw was coming out of a bush at first I thought it was a player then realized it was something definitely not a player and judging by it's appearance made sure to stay far away. Later when I was in a town I noticed one coming at me me, well I let it get a little close and ran around a corner when I heard it explode, yep they are definitely armless autonomous exploding creatures I guess they're fun for target practice.

I 'tolerate' the AI enemies more and more, as I become confident that I can contain them. Sometimes, they are a good distraction or wake up call when you're getting too comfortable.

I would absolutely love to see more variety, but I prefer not to increase the spawn chance of them.

I wouldn't want them to take over the game or change it into something else.

but speaking of something else, I would love to be able to tame any creature and use it to help my sorry ass.

I've only had one encounter with the Cultist since they updated it.  It didn't stalk me and just stare at me like they were doing.  It kills you with its stare I guess.  I didn't have a weapon yet and the thing took me out in under a minute.  It blurs your vision(actually it fades back and forth into red) and makes you walk, so you can't get away from it.  Then your health goes down and you die.

I'm not sure if it's too OP or not.  Knowing this is their current state, I'll be sure to take off if I see one now.  It's kind of hard to fight it if it's screwing with your vision that badly.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty badass, but maybe if it didn't screw with your vision as badly.  Either that or doesn't cause you to walk.  Maybe I was walking because my health was down to low, eh.

As far as sappers go, I don't think I've died from one yet, a couple close calls though.  I had one give away a players position who was getting ready to attack me the other day lol.  Good sapper, good boy.  I just wish it was possible to lose the antagonists.  As it is(since last time I noticed), you can get a click away from them and they still show up.

I've only had one encounter with the Cultist since they updated it.  It didn't stalk me and just stare at me like they were doing.  It kills you with its stare I guess.  I didn't have a weapon yet and the thing took me out in under a minute.  It blurs your vision(actually it fades back and forth into red) and makes you walk, so you can't get away from it.  Then your health goes down and you die.

I'm not sure if it's too OP or not.  Knowing this is their current state, I'll be sure to take off if I see one now.  It's kind of hard to fight it if it's screwing with your vision that badly.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty badass, but maybe if it didn't screw with your vision as badly.  Either that or doesn't cause you to walk.  Maybe I was walking because my health was down to low, eh.

As far as sappers go, I don't think I've died from one yet, a couple close calls though.  I had one give away a players position who was getting ready to attack me the other day lol.  Good sapper, good boy.  I just wish it was possible to lose the antagonists.  As it is(since last time I noticed), you can get a click away from them and they still show up.

Def not OP, the first time you get hit with the vision-blur from them, turn around till you face them, and walk backwards while staring directly at him. The cultist won't be able to move, and you'll eventually get out of it's range. We did some tests and it takes anywhere from 4-6 vision blurs, before he'll insta-kill you. So as long as you back up out of range, then shoot em down, you'll be fine. I miss the fireballs though, as they would force you to sidestep which can break the stare-lock and he'll move at you.

Could be good if the vision-blur also had a chance to 180 turn you around. That'll break this tactic, and you'll be stuck with a red screen, and facing away from them so they can move towards you again. Straight up panic if this happened.

I think the antagonists are great, I want more.

Def not OP, the first time you get hit with the vision-blur from them, turn around till you face them, and walk backwards while staring directly at him. The cultist won't be able to move, and you'll eventually get out of it's range. We did some tests and it takes anywhere from 4-6 vision blurs, before he'll insta-kill you. So as long as you back up out of range, then shoot em down, you'll be fine. I miss the fireballs though, as they would force you to sidestep which can break the stare-lock and he'll move at you.

Yeah, except it's not very effective if you don't have a weapon yet. XD  I always seem to spawn them when I'm a fresh spawn.  I've been having a hard time finding a weapon quick enough too.  Probably just my luck.

I thought it was happening to me before they updated the Cultist.  Here my temperature just happened to drop just enough that I started to freeze as I was looking at it lol.  I'm glad they did something of this effect, it's pretty badass.  I'd like the vision effect to be a little more moderate though, if possible.  From what I saw it goes way into a deep dark red and you can't see anything for a few seconds.  Maybe if the color wasn't quite so intense, just enough that you can still see the Cultist a little.  It did kind of scare the crap out of me though when it started happening, so my opinion might change if it happens again, and if I'm actually armed. =P  Actually I did have a 11Rnd .45 ACP and put all 11 rounds into it's face but it takes a bit more than that to kill one.