Oh no please no more zombies...

Emton

What's up with these armless "zombie" creatures? I was hoping A3 Epoch was gonna be about base building, survival and a player driven economy. I'm kinda tired of the zombie theme and to me anyway it's like the murderous bandit players are the "zombies" anyway. I mean why waste the time messing withe zombies and AI and modeling them and all that? I think a game that is like a post apocalyptic wasteland simulator that's fully driven by the players would be the best thing. Like even take out the NPCs and have it for a market to exist it has to be built by a player then other players can buy and sell goods there too. Yea I know there is Altis Life but there's a lot of things about that I wish were different...

Take out the Sappers?  Take out the NPC's?  Only wants to build bases?

Sounds like you'd have more fun playing Minecraft  ;)

No what I'm saying is the players would set up the "NPCS". So a player builds a base in a high traffic area, and "hires" an NPC to act as the merchant at his base then decides what items he is buying and what there is for sale and the prices for everything... Instead of preset locations everything could be controlled by the players. Then people could form gangs to attack merchant hubs take over the business, hire players to protect, maybe stuff like that...

lol this is the feedback section right?? Ok thought I was in the wrong place...

Yeah but suggesting to remove a core feature that they have put a lot of time into. And the Devs obviously want´s there.

Talks down on Epoch.

Talks down on Life.

Talks down on Wasteland.

You just seem like a stuck up little kid that never gets pleased.

set up the "NPCS". So a player builds a base in a high traffic area, and "hires" an NPC to act as the merchant at his base then decides what items he is buying and what there is for sale and the prices for everything... 

deleting the whole mod and installing a 20gb version of tetris downloaded from a russian torrenting site sounds like a better idea then this.

Yeah but suggesting to remove a core feature that they have put a lot of time into. And the Devs obviously want´s there.

Talks down on Epoch.

Talks down on Life.

Talks down on Wasteland.

You just seem like a stuck up little kid that never gets pleased.

Yea well it's still Alpha right so even if they took them out it's not like they lost a whole lot of work. They should get rid of them and focus on making a fully player driven economy, the base building and balancing the survival aspects and forget armless exploding zombies... Not trying to be rude or insult anyone I'm just calling it like I see it...

Yea well it's still Alpha right so even if they took them out it's not like they lost a whole lot of work. They should get rid of them and focus on making a fully player driven economy, the base building and balancing the survival aspects and forget armless exploding zombies... Not trying to be rude or insult anyone I'm just calling it like I see it...

You have seen that they are working on more antagonists? That at least tells me something.

I think for a player driven economy to work, the game first needs security for players' wealth.

Weather that be a combination of a banking system, God mode trader cities, vaults and indestructible bases. Also, these points would reduce the pvp and kos, as more players will have a purpose other than fighting.

The distribution of loot types would help

I think for a player driven economy to work, the game first needs security for players' wealth.

Weather that be a combination of a banking system, God mode trader cities, vaults and indestructible bases. Also, these points would reduce the pvp and kos, as more players will have a purpose other than fighting.

Agree... After all what took us away from Vanilla to Epoch? The fact that we could make a home and keep our stuff some what safe. Then sell off stuff to purchase what we could not find. 

I love the way the traders don't have stuff unless we sell it, would not change that. but like you said to make it work you have to want to sell stuff. Right now we don't really care because other than setting up a group what do you get to have krypto? You loose all of it when shot so hording is better, but then you have to find a spot to hide stuff and that is not easy. 

I figure they are working on a storage system better than the teepee... Can one of the Devs please explain to me why we are playing cowboys and Indians? What happened to the tent? Its different and all but just seems out of place to me. 

You can secure your wealth by buying small valuable items such as gems, gold, whiskey noodle and stashing them away somewhere secret.

God mode trader cities is already a thing. 4 G-mode cities to be exact.

Reduce PVP??? Now your just being silly.

You can secure your wealth by buying small valuable items such as gems, gold, whiskey noodle and stashing them away somewhere secret.

God mode trader cities is already a thing. 4 G-mode cities to be exact.

Reduce PVP??? Now your just being silly.

Stashing stuff somewhere secret isn't secure.

The four trader cities you refer to, I would liken them to spawn points with traders. I'm talking about large areas like Stary from Chernarus.

Do you open fire on someone while carrying loads of gear close to your safe/lockbox?

In its current state the game offers little else other than pvp. If a player or group has a goal to accomplish, they're hardly likely to camp the airfield.

I may be wrong, but I don't think my logic is silly on this matter.

How about you put your money where your opinionated mouth is and create this "a lot better" mod yourself.

Ah man why do you like the idea and want to play the mod?? I'd love to make a mod but my programming skills would never permit it. However I am pretty good at giving feedback and suggestions to improve game-play, balance and immersion but nobody wants to listen... Maybe these armless exploding zombies things are great for you but for me they make me want to remove the mod and forget about it...

Ah man why do you like the idea and want to play the mod?? I'd love to make a mod but my programming skills would never permit it. However I am pretty good at giving feedback and suggestions to improve game-play, balance and immersion but nobody wants to listen... Maybe these armless exploding zombies things are great for you but for me they make me want to remove the mod and forget about it...

I think most people like the new antagonists and they are one of the core features of Epoch. And unless a lot of people start complaining about them, they are going to stay so I guess you are just going to remove mod. Since they are most likely going to stay, feel free to suggest on how to improve them or how to improve the other aspects of gameplay that you mention in your post.  

Thanks for the laugh. If antagonists aren't for you then you might want to remove it cause by the looks of it more are coming.

You are missing out on what these creatures do in the battle's they add the extra spice that sometimes helps you and sometimes kills you, meeting them solo neither of these present a real threat at least not yet. Will be interesting to see what that huge rock creature is about.

edit: There is something else you have to take in consideration to, what do the devs want to do. This is a mod not a top sales game.