BANK System

HiiShinoo

Loving the current currency system, I think it is set nicely for banking system, I think the developers should consider banking system, it would compliment the krypto currency system nicely.. something to be considered for next release maybe?

My second suggestion maybe this is in the plan anyway but i will mention anyway, keys for vehicles when purchased similar to dayz epoch please, so i can log out after 5 hours playing knowing that my car will be there for me when i log back in..

Thank you for now keep up the good work...

I like the bank system as long as there is some way to breach it.

If people can just group and lock loot indefinitely, I think that is a broken concept.

You can always look around bank areas to kill players, hope they have lots of money and they were about to deposit it or they just withdraw it to be something, it would cleaver idea to have banks that are in different location to traders so that you have more chance to get the prize! think that would work.

If servers end up full of indestructible locked cars that nobody uses so that nothing spawns in, then I'm off.

I hate that. It's fine as it is with the 30 mins lock. Build a garage if you want to lock it safely.

server shouldn't be full of locked cars as there are server clean ups that takes care of unused cars and deletes them if not use for x amount of time, (its a simple sql query or at least was with arma2 epoch) if they are use regularly then you could attack the driver and take his keys, this worked a treat in epoch dayz.

If there was a bank, it would be too easy to hoard silly amounts of money. I've seen a banking system on a Overpoch server. It made the game much too easy. Even buying a safe was unnecessary. I don't want A3 Epoch to become like Overpoch or Altis Life.

If anything, there should be valuable stock items at traders, such as gems and whiskey bottles. Maybe randomize these items for each trader at server restart so players would have to look around for them. That would be far more fun and interesting than a lame banking system, IMHO

It is clear to me that banking systems are the way forward just look at the CCG servers and it don't take you a lot of looking around on the forum to find a huge community effort by a number of scripters here and days of testing and scripting to crack CCG's banking system... almost all the big servers that had banking system attracted all the players until it killed all other servers..

I for one had a server that did not run banking system nor self blood bag because it would make the mod easier or so I thought but sadly not enough players agreed..

Banking is a lot different than storing gold in safes! after all if epoch is set after the great infection when societies start to rebuild then I think Banking is a great representation of a sociality on the up and totally makes sense with what epoch arma 3 is set to be and the krypto system being a none inventory item that can be stored in storage items.

almost all the big servers that had banking system attracted all the players until it killed all other servers..

Our Chernarus server is now 5th place overall of all Arma 2 Servers, and we are running no bullshit banking systems. The only servers above us is the 100 slots, militarized, 10000+ vehicle servers. and i am fine if some players wants it easy mode, being able to go to a traders take out cash and buy shit. But i hope that will not be standardized as that would indeed ruin the mod.

You at the moment got a currency and you can store it. thats just fine.

In a post apocalyptic world the best option would be to better the current barter system. Even if I like the ATM idea or banks, bartering would be the most realistic option. Keep in mind that the loot table for traders is probably not final and like in Arma 2 there could be different kinds of traders.

For example, there could be a high end trader like the black market traders (black dots) that could sell only high end stuff such as cars, gems, gold, helicopters, hemp, or even jewelry that could be introduced at a later time. Then you can carry those inside your own inventory and then drop these items into your own stashes all across the map.

Also, when the safes are introduced the lockbox could be converted into a krypto only stashing option.    

Guys, You fail to realise what the Epoch devs have done towards keeping and storing krypto. As in Arma 2: Epoch, Gold and other precious metals exists which are worth quite a lot (such as 10oz Gold). The point of this is so you can trade your krypto for metals and gems so you may then store them in a lockbox/safe. This enables you to store krypto efficiently as well as keeping the risk of doing so which you would loose if there were a different banking system.

I am a bit undecided on this matter.

True, the current system of barter is great and realistic for a survival game, but having played Overpoch with bank system I know it's really fun and useful to have a bank system too.

If it's gonna be implemented by scripters on private servers people are gonna play on those servers, so it's implementation should be either blocked in some way (dunno if it's possible) or maybe it should just be implemented straight away from the beginning.

What made things a bit too easy on Overpoch was the fact that bank and traders where all in the same safe zone, so you had no risk in getting your money from the bank and spend it.

Maybe it would be enough to give the possibility to deposit and withdraw money from ATM's but make traders spawn at a certain distance from them, so that withdrawing kryptos and then having to travel to a trader would be risky and leave the possibility to others to kill you and steal your money.

Maybe there could be an ATM at spawn traders too, but the traders there could be limited to sell only basic stuff like clothes, vests, backpacks, first aid kits, tools (multigun and attachments) compass, food, drink and only pistols and ammo.
So that when you spawn you can equip a little but not get all the weapons you need.
It would be nice to be able to start not from scratch every time, but still not being able to fully equip.
That would still leave the possibility to get killed by more equipped players that could get your precious backpack or the tools you bought (multigun and attchments) but also give you the possibility to start with some gear and not being totally unarmed and a too easy prey.

I think this could be a good compromise.

Our Chernarus server is now 5th place overall of all Arma 2 Servers, and we are running no bullshit banking systems. The only servers above us is the 100 slots, militarized, 10000+ vehicle servers. and i am fine if some players wants it easy mode, being able to go to a traders take out cash and buy shit. But i hope that will not be standardized as that would indeed ruin the mod.

You at the moment got a currency and you can store it. thats just fine.

I see your point and seriously think that it is true. Having a bank system is easy mode and takes away from the game. You get allot less PVP and allot less of that exciting sensation when going to a trader.

You can always look around bank areas to kill players, hope they have lots of money and they were about to deposit it or they just withdraw it to be something, it would cleaver idea to have banks that are in different location to traders so that you have more chance to get the prize! think that would work.

ATMs, there's been threads on the topic specifically.  However, it's what they have in Altis Life so all the hipsters will disagree.

Current condition of vehicles and currency:  People grab up all the vehicles on the map and sell them all.  Eventually, they manage to hit one of the googolian pebbles on the map, blow up, and the server restarts or the body is cleaned up before anyone can retrieve the money left on the body.  A few fresh vehicles spawn, rinse and repeat.  This leads to a bunch of vehicles in the trader's stock, no one with enough money to buy them back.

Now that bases are lockable, they only need safes now in my opinion, that way you can store it, but your base/stash are still open to attack.

I also think the vehicle traders should make another appearance, would be nice to save up enough money and buy the better vehicles rather than having to rely on luck to find them.

If servers end up full of indestructible locked cars that nobody uses so that nothing spawns in, then I'm off.

I hate that. It's fine as it is with the 30 mins lock. Build a garage if you want to lock it safely.

That is why people make scripts that deletes all the vehicles, safes, and tents that are not accessed for more than x amount of  time. I used that when I was running arma 2 epoch server.