Server not coming online(?)

mazzizo

Question

All right. So. I fixed it. 

Notice in my startup script it just points to the root for the 'arma2oaserver.exe'. I did this because I did not have the beta installed. Why? Because it says "Obsolete" next to it in steam. Plus the guides I've used have been a few months old and was not sure how up to date they were. But I installed that beta patch via steam, copied that folder (expansions/beta) into my server files, switched the batch file, and now it's showing fine.

ffs.

Sorry.

Hello,

I've recently decided to re-establish my Epoch Server for my friends and I. And there's been some... changes. Everything was fine and then my server (the actual OS) did some updates, and while updating the server started to not show as online via DayZ Commander. So after the updates I rebooted the machine and started the server back up, still nothing. I've tried various ports people have used that I found while doing Google searches for the issue. I have been unable to come up with any solution that works.

Everything is vanilla, I have not modified anything besides the server configuration file and the start up script.

So to cut to the chase here is the details for everything involving my server and starting up:

Startup Batch file: 

@echo off
start /REALTIME "arma2" "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" -noCB -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=3

Server Configuration file:

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;
hostName = "DayZ Epoch Chernarus (1.0.5.1/125548)[GMT-7]";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "******";
maxPlayers = 40;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 1;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    	template = "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus";
    	difficulty="regular";
    };

};

Port Forwarding:

Within Windows itself (Windows firewall) have two inbound rules created for TCP and UDP for ports 2300-2305. On my router I have port forwarding for 2300-2305 for TCP and UDP as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: Would also like to include that yes, the server (operating system) gets online just fine. Can browse the internet and even redownloaded ARMA2/OA thinking the files may have become corrupt.

Edit 2: Forgot to add that even going directly into the game and going to Multiplayer  and selecting LAN, it will not show the server. Nor will adding the internal IP of the server to my favorites show it on any tool (Server is on same network I am, worked fine in the past unless that's been added).

2 answers to this question

DayZ Commander hasn't worked for a while. Try searching your server in DayZ Launcher. I run an internal test server and connect to it using the router assigned internal ip address. Usually 192.168. something something. Try using connecting using remote in the server browser.