We need more building materials!

ot0_m0t0

15 hours of gameplay. I have seen 5 small scrap metals. It takes 9 to make a freq jammer. Seen, didnt save any of them since I died.

15 hours of gameplay. I managed to make 1 tipy. ONE. More sheeps pls.

Are you kidding me?

There needs to be a diferent method of getting metal, something that is super simple like taking wrecks apart.

Hatchets need to be super plentifull, like grass or dirt.

We need a wooden only storage method - wooden shelf that I can hide and save my stuff.

Traders need to sell everything (spawn). Nobody sells cinder or mortar so you can never buy what you need at traders.

Since we cant store or save or loot Kripto it gets lost quickly and nobody can afford vehicles ever again.

Once ppl sell cars to trader its imposible to get it out again, nobody has that much Kripto. After server restart soon there are no more cars at all on the map.

Krypto storage needs to be a thing.

Safe zones around traders. If you say unrealistic I say its a game.

Oh and repair kits for cars. Did anyone ever seen one? Like ever? Did you ever seen anyone fix anything in this game (new patch). Its imposibly expensive.

I came to build here not jog all day and shoot ppl. I can shoot ppl in wasteland.

true....

15 hours of gameplay. I have seen 5 small scrap metals. It takes 9 to make a freq jammer. Seen, didnt save any of them since I died.

15 hours of gameplay. I managed to make 1 tipy. ONE. More sheeps pls.

Are you kidding me?

There needs to be a diferent method of getting metal, something that is super simple like taking wrecks apart.

Hatchets need to be super plentifull, like grass or dirt.

We need a wooden only storage method - wooden shelf that I can hide and save my stuff.

Traders need to sell everything (spawn). Nobody sells cinder or mortar so you can never buy what you need at traders.

Since we cant store or save or loot Kripto it gets lost quickly and nobody can afford vehicles ever again.

Once ppl sell cars to trader its imposible to get it out again, nobody has that much Kripto. After server restart soon there are no more cars at all on the map.

Oh and repair kits for cars. Did anyone ever seen one? Like ever? Did you ever seen anyone fix anything in this game (new patch). Its imposibly expensive.

I came to build here not jog all day and shoot ppl. I can shoot ppl in wasteland.

true.....

Too many vehicles on the map and making shit too easy to get just ends up being another wasteland or ArmA match. This is a survival game and yes, it's difficult.

Games and game servers isn't about giving players what they want. Those that fold ever time a players wants something doesn't end up staying around very long because the player gets bored after he has built his base. If you want to build easily, go play The Sims.

I agree scrap metal should be easier to find in trash piles.. it should be much more common than it is. But as another person mentioned this isnt supposed to be easy.

I completely disagree with this. If you want a safe trader, go to a spawn area trader. The ones throughout the map should be left the way they are. There NEEDs to be the danger there, otherwise whats the point. This isn't just a base building game, its a survival game. 

Also, You CAN loot crypto, it drops in the form of a tiny little cell phone looking device around the player. It seems to sometimes not drop, maybe like a 50% drop chance? You can "store" it by buying expensive small items (gems, whiskey, etc) and storing the physical valuable items in your locked base.

I've NEVER had a problem acquiring a vehicle in Epoch, which is one of the reasons I love it so much! In Breaking Point, vehicles are so rare that the game becomes a bore because you spend hours running. If you are having trouble getting the materials together for a base, I recommend finding a larger group of friends to work with, and pool your resources.

Running around for hours just looking for an object just is not entertaining.

It still has to play like a game.

At least I need the belief that I will find something.

After hours and days, and never find one piece... then we need additional activities to do, and finding a piece of special scrap metal would be a happy surprise.

I need to want to come in and play, not like "ohh god, another 4 hours of tedious looting again"

Part of the prob is the map.. there is no distinctive industrial centers and loot is basically random all over.

The military installations are about the only exception.

A2 maps had those distinctive locations.

Ah well.. Not bothering with a base myself until you can at least lock it and put a safe in it.

Gotta disagree. I like the loot as it is now. If everything is just handed out then it just becomes less of a survival game and shortens the gameplay. Being able to have to work toward a goal even if it takes weeks is what intrigues me personally and keeps me playing. If I was able to build a base easily in just a few hours, then all I have left to do is either expand my base or go pvp. Don't get me wrong I enjoy some good pvp, but I enjoy the hunting/looting and trying to stay alive aspect of the game. Then when and if I do collect enough materials to start a base it feels like much more of an accomplishment. But to each his own I guess. 

I'm about 20 hours into the game and I have a totally different experience...

During my first 8 hours into the game, I alone made over 800 Krypto from selling guns, ammo and random junk.

Of course I lost it all when I finally died and that cell phone thingie didn't drop, but if I still had that money, I'd buy all gems I come across and maybe electronic parts and whiskey, store these items in my shelf and sell them later when needed.

As of the current economy system with little difference between buy/sell prices, you don't need Krypto storage at all.

I really like this system, it's more like barter trading and it isn't too easy to become super-rich like in DayZ Epoch.

Me and my group crafted at least 4 vehicle repair kits until now, and we already used 2 of them on a Mohawk and a SUV.

And we still had enough salvage metal to build a shelf. It's only expensive if you think "time is money". It just takes some time to sift through the garbage heaps, and a bit of luck of course.

Jogging is part of the game. If you just want to build, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Part of the prob is the map.. there is no distinctive industrial centers and loot is basically random all over.

There are many industrial sites. Mostly small ones, but there are bigger ones too. Also there are many garbage dumps all over the map. Explore and you will find. Jogging and exploring, it's all part of the game ;)

Yes, please more building materials, especially cinder blocks and mortar.

I don't think that's necessary, not with all those Shipping Container events. I alone found 5 cinder and 10 mortar in the first 8 hours of gameplay. Now that my group joined in and we found a heli, the rate is even better. After the first 2 days, we are able to fortify any existing building with cinderwalls.

So I gotta disagree, the quantity of building materials is just fine as it is. Of course it's always easier in a group, escpecially when looting shipping containers, but if you know where to look, you can find enough materials in a reasonable period of time.

I think the spawn rate could be bumped up a little bit , but not by much. After all if you find everything you need to build a base in 2 hours of gaming, then this game just turns into wasteland.

I agree, I think it is a bit too hard right now.

At least you've been able to build something... Going on day 4 & 20 hours of gameplay, & never seen an axe or sledge. I'm finding plenty of materials, only thing I don't seem to find enough of are wipes, but tools... I'm starting to think tools are just a hoax & everyone's in on it... :(

At least you've been able to build something... Going on day 4 & 20 hours of gameplay, & never seen an axe or sledge. I'm finding plenty of materials, only thing I don't seem to find enough of are wipes, but tools... I'm starting to think tools are just a hoax & everyone's in on it... :(

LOL No I promise you they are not a hoax and that if you keep looking you will find them. 

I just don't get this lust for building bases.  I'd rather have a series of caches scattered all over the map in hard to reach hidden places and just roam the edges of the map taking out lone wanderers and picking fights with the AI.

To each his own. I have even another play style I want to try and use a type of safe house with existing lil houses here and there and everywhere.