Safe Item Deletion PLEASE HELP.. :(

JAYBAYBAY

Question

Ahhh I seeeee!

Vbawol, any chance of a confirmation on this? Be good to be able to tell players it's likely fixed in an up-coming update!

Or even, if that was the issue  - Could there be a patch? Unless it's a lot of code, of course!

hey just wanted to add a little something i didnt see and or i skipped through, my buddy had just gotten into the server after restart when i logged out and he went to open his safe. even after we tag each other he said it wouldnt let him open the safe so i walked away giving him the chance to, and when he tried to input his 4 digit code his whole safe disappeared!

so just letting you know the bug/glitch/problem is also causing ones safe to completely vanish!

i hope this added information gathered on the subject helps to irradiquate the problem in game..

This is happening to us, receiving a AddCargo Battleeye restriction for anyone who accesses the safe. Almost all magazine slots are removed, however guns/backpacks remain okay. 

Not sure if any assistance as Im not sure what the information shows, but each user that does this and gets kicked, shows the same information in RPT..

2:19:21 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #137113843, users.card=7

2:19:21 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 137113843
 2:19:21 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 137113843 (Ranger.D)
 2:19:21 "get: STRING (29149318), sent: STRING (29149318)"
 2:19:21 "DISCONNECT: Ranger.D (29149318) Object: B 1-1-C:1 (Ranger.D) REMOTE, _characterID: 909 at loc [2783.34,3130.81,0.0402679]"

Ok, just updating on mine..

MaxAddMagazineCargoPerInterval 96 1 is in the instance/battleye folder in the config file..What from what I can tell and tested.. anything above 96 in the magazine slot for anything, would result in the kick.. any safe had had less then 96 in the magazine slot was fine. I upped this to 200, tested and no problems all day since.

Not sure if thats the fix or just easy to get around?

Hey guys, just want to addon to this issue.

Confirming that our server is eating safe inventories after 1.2.0.4.

We are getting another issue of safes completely disappearing, like they are deleted from DB on server startup.

I found the issue was that the safe characterid was the same value as two cinder block walls,  Changed the ID of the cinder walls and the safe no longer deletes.

Also if you guys take backups, you can restore a seperate database from your backups and select / replace the current inventory in your main server from the backup.  Time consuming, yes.  Does it help players, yes.

I don't think Vbawol and the devs have the issue fully identified yet, it seems that 20 weapons is a safe bet, until the next patch try not puting more than 20 weapons in safe and see if that works.

That is why in the next patch the safe weapons slot will be reduced to 20, maybe more if they figure it out before release :) Fingers crossed

Source :

Until we get steps to reproduce this I will just have the guys lower the weapon slot count back down to 20 on the next patch.

In my searches this is the only forum I could find with this discussion. Is there a more recent discussion someone could link me to? I am a self confessed hoarder. Bigtime hoarder. So when my stuff disappeared from my safe I was not freaking out. Just left in a state of wonder that this could happen. Even WarZ got safes right. We are on a private server and theres little to no population, even though all are welcome. So needless to say I have had lots of time to farm loot. About 25 safes full to be exact. Now im being told that my hoard is danger of just being gone. My admin is using a week old backup to replace missing items. Are developers really going to say this is an acceptable risk? The fact this has been happening for this long and the situation has not been corrected makes me wonder if I want to keep playing. 

Heyyyyy! It's 2015 and this error still seems to be happening. Had a player who lost all of the items in his safe but a few guns and ammo remained. It seems to only affect items. 

Any word on this? Was is patched? What's the problem/solution?

Nope. It was not patched and very likely never will. There will most likely not be another Dayz Epoch patch. Arma 2: OA is getting an "End of life" patch soon. What we have now is all there is.