Plot Pole question!

JohnyMST

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was improving my base when I found a message "Cannot Build. Plot Pole is near" or something along these lines.

Someone placed a 30m plot pole just outside the walls of my base and I cannot build inside any more.

Can you tell me how plot pole looks and how I can find it? Can I take it down once I find it?

Thanks

Yup, you're outta luck. Maybe the server admin will be nice and remove the other player's plot pole. If you die, you have to remove your plot pole and put it down, but the problem is that when you die, the server thinks you don't own the plot pole, and as such you have an increased chance of breaking your tool box and your crowbar, which makes it very frustrating to remove old plot poles.

Hmmmm that makes me think of an issue. Someone could build a plot pole outside the 30 meter limit of your own, but it would OVERLAP yours right up to .0000000001 meters and prevent you from building on that side. They could literally surround your plot pole with a bunch of their own and prevent you from building. I wonder if it affects upgrades and/or maintaining your own building.

I'm confused. You _can_ remove other player's plot poles, I did this repeatedly (and without breaking tools, lucky I) :-)

Then you were very lucky, because last time I tried to remove my 'old' plot pole, I broke 2 toolboxes and a crow bar. They really need to change it so buildables use your GUID and not your CharacterID.

Hmmmm that makes me think of an issue. Someone could build a plot pole outside the 30 meter limit of your own, but it would OVERLAP yours right up to .0000000001 meters and prevent you from building on that side. They could literally surround your plot pole with a bunch of their own and prevent you from building. I wonder if it affects upgrades and/or maintaining your own building.

This is another reason I run a PvE server. If someone was dick enough to do this, I'd be removing their plot poles via the database.

Then you were very lucky, because last time I tried to remove my 'old' plot pole, I broke 2 toolboxes and a crow bar. They really need to change it so buildables use your GUID and not your CharacterID.

I had advocated for this several times; it would bring some admin work on existing DBs but nothing that couldn't be handled.

The gravest problem would be that one should consistently move the lock combinations from the owner id field to e.g. fuel.

Any button to start a petition?