Hunter Armor Levels

adzvaughan

the hunter is the best offroad car in epoch, it has its perks that way, this isnt arma 3, this is epoch(its own thing) the thing shouldn't have armor, the people crying in here are the same people who used it to run people over while their buddy's were shooting the people trying to avoid the hunter. If you want armored things go play wasteland.

You can probably ask one the admins on ZNU zombies.nu if I have run over any freshies they are helpful people and would probably answer you, Fisk and Yarwood. Had 5 easy unarmed targets running in the open about a week ago but that´s not my thing.

I like a challenge and that´s also one of the reasons why I like it armoured, not only for my own feeling of joy when I find it.

You can probably ask one the admins on ZNU zombies.nu if I have run over any freshies they are helpful people and would probably answer you, Fisk and Yarwood. Had 5 easy unarmed targets running in the open about a week ago but that´s not my thing.

I like a challenge and that´s also one of the reasons why I like it armoured, not only for my own feeling of joy when I find it.

In all honesty i would have ran them over. LOL maybe you think im an asshole for running people over but its my survival before there's. I really think that the different types of playing the game any game in general is what makes game play so funny stupid hateful rage and more. We need the assholes to run people over and we nee the angels to pick them up. It is just how it is.

In all honesty i would have ran them over. LOL maybe you think im an asshole for running people over but its my survival before there's. I really think that the different types of playing the game any game in general is what makes game play so funny stupid hateful rage and more. We need the assholes to run people over and we nee the angels to pick them up. It is just how it is.

I run some people over in combat and a occasional low geared but alway´s feel shame in running the low geared over. I usually like to use the Armoured vehicle as decoy in group fights and thats also a reason to why I want it armoured, keeping 1 or more players eye´s on the vehicle rather then focusing on my friends.

Here is a good example when We are pressuring a group in the Kavala castle, sadly We get to eager and storm rather then letting them move out. Seen thru one of their eye´s. Edit: Seen thru our enemies eye´s : )

Run over Unarmed is a bit to much asshole for my style, but come at me when Im armed then it´s a challenge.

We need the assholes to run people over and we nee the angels to pick them up. It is just how it is.

I can appreciate that.  Except there's nothing but assholes and people that recognize that it's not worth being nice because they'll just be betrayed.

Yeah, I don't find any enjoyment in running people over.. it's way too anti-climatic and lame.  If there was a large group of people, I would probably steer away.  If I saw someone near another Hunter, I probably would run them over if I had the chance.  If there was someone danger close to a place that I was hanging out or if I had valuables on me and I was near my base, that would probably draw my attention to them.  But to just spot someone running 100-500m away from a road and go way out of my way to drive over there just to run them over?  How much of a dick do you have to be?

The last time I was run over, I was pretty close to the road, but I ran behind a tree and just stood there.  I had a 6.5mm but didn't fire at them.  They drove past me and stopped and sat there for like 10 seconds.  I continued holding my fire in hopes that they would actually get out and try to gun me down.  But of course not, they turned around and began trying to run me over.  Missed me about a half dozen times until they hit a tree next to me and I guess it registered as me getting hit as well. >_>  I didn't know it was possible to damage a Hunter with a 6.5mm though since I'd tried with a Mk200, putting a full mag into one(mostly the tires, or at least I thought I was hitting them) and it just drove way, apparently unharmed whatsoever.

On the topic of heroes, I ran up to a group the other day who were running around Charkia(close to spawn) all loaded out.  I heard a UAV spawn and ran right up to them in my whities and told them I'd be a decoy for the AI and they stared at me for like 10 seconds before they started firing at me, missing a couple mags worth of shots before someone shot me with 12.7mm lol.

I´m getting called a asshole in game quite a lot though simply because I KOS, If someone has a Rifle I will hunt them down and do my best to kill them, rifle=KOS. Me and the groups safety before all. To me a asshole is someone at drives over freshies( of course there are exceptions here like if two from different groups are on their way back to a fight. ) or someone that goes a bit overboard when taunting his enemy over direct/sidechat/radio.

The only times I really feel like a asshole is when I let people Swim a long way only so I can reach their inventory on shore when I kill them : ) 

We all have different views on whats assholes..

Can this please not turn into a thread of 'hey everyone, i'm not a douche who would run people over' just because some cry-hard kid pops in and states that everyone who disagrees with him are "the same people who used it [the hunter] to run people over". Such a statement is too fucking retarded to deserve more than one post telling him that, and then the rest of us moving on with the feedback (and staying on topic). Seriously.  :huh: 

There's been a MINOR part of the Epoch players doing this shitty thing with driving around spawn-areas running over freshspawns. So minor, that it makes absolutely no sense balancing the game depending on what this 1% uses the vehicle for. The rest of us were actually using the Hunter's armour, rather than it's bumper. So I really hope that this was not in any way a reason for the change.

The value of having a fast-moving lightly-armoured vehicle like the Hunter was, completely changes a firefight if it's used properly. When you got the Hunter, you're able to extract your mate who's pinned behind that stone wall in the middle of a field, you can transport your building-supplies safely from stash to base, you can drive through populated areas without getting sprayed at from every angle and risk dying from a lucky shot - or your vehicle even blowing up for that matter.

There's always gonna be that one or two mega douchebags who's gonna camp freshspawns. But wether he does it with a Hunter or a .50cal, I really couldn't care less..  <_<

Besides, as always, you can attempt running away or simply spawn somewhere else - or, like those of us acknowleding that it isn't too hard, grab whichever gun you can get your hands on, and try to disable it and shoot the cunt inside it. It really doesn't take that many shots to take out a wheel or even a windshield for that matter.

After the decrease in armor however, the Hunter seems to be made of fucking cardboard. The only reason it still has some use, is it's offroad speed and the fact that not all know about this change and therefore still fears it - even though it's like a Tempest with 4 seats, lower gear capacity, and slightly higher speed. In other words, there's basically no value to the Hunter in consideration of how rare it is - it might as well be as common as the HEMMT/Tempest, which imo is a shame.  :unsure:

Yeah, so far the only time I found one it was stopped by 1 guy with a 6.5 and just a few shots, then it was only good to hide behind. The tires are really easy to take out now, and then its not long for this world after that. 

Many of the "issues" around the spawn areas will be dealt with by server admin when this goes live. I know we have a number of admin who deal with this type of thing and those who like to do it are quickly out of the server. There will also be safezone scripts I'm sure that will be able to adjust how far out you are protected and how much you are protected. 

Still say that the hunter should be armored, maybe a light reduction. I never got to use one before the .2 patch so not sure how bad they were, but I know now they are not worth the time to find.