Hunter Armor Levels

adzvaughan

Hi,

So this is feedback to the below:

[Changed] Reduced Hunter armor levels by 50%.

It's an armored vehicle... yet now can be easily disabled by a 6.5mm. It was balanced before 0.2 as a Zafir (7.62mm) could easily disable it even blow it up. Could I ask why it had its armor levels reduced?

Regards,
Adam

This change seems....dumb. The 7.62mm would penetrate the Hunter glass, and even a 6.5mm would take the glass out in ~30 bullets (1 mag).

Around 20-30 well-aimed shots at the fuel-tank with a Zafir would instantly blow up the hunter. Now you can achieve the same with a mag or two of 6.5mm = it's weaker than both the Tempest and HEMMT, and you can barely even call it an armored vehicle anymore, as close to all weapons penetrates it.

I find it a real shame, and personally I think it would make a lot more sense decreasing the armor of the helis - which atm are like flying tanks. Unlike the helis, the Hunter is actually easy to diable, especially considering the large selection of explosives available in the game.

i have to say i completely agree with what your saying before the patch me and my mates got into a firefight with a couple of guys when we jumped in our hunter which was full health and drove off

we started taking rounds from a 7.62mm and it really didn't take long and we exploded so like you say well placed shots on the fuel tank and the hunter wasn't op at all..

Took out the tires of the Vannad with only a couple of 9mm´s so it´s just a slow moving target these day´s. It would be one thing if it only let the air out and rolled a bit slower on the reinforcement in the wheel but no way 9mm shots should completly flaten a armored vehicle´s wheels.

Not tested the Armor of it yet but 50% sure sounds like a insane armor reduction. The Vannad already have a real weakspot in its armor compared to for example The Vodnik.

Really hope they change their mind here, this is a vehicle you should feel happy about finding. 

I have to agree with the OP.  I was just in a firefight and 4 guys popped out of a hunter (which we later realized was stolen from us minutes before hand with most of our spare gear) and I opened fire on them with a Katiba.  I was through a mag and a half suppressing them and the hunter blew up and took 3 of the 4 out.  I was shocked on how easy it was to blow up.  The hunter to no better then any other vehicle now and actually worse then some.  The armor reduction change should be reverted on the Hunter since it was easily disabled before.  Even if you didn't have a powerful weapon just take out a couple of wheels and it's dead in the water for the most part.

From my point of view:

For a vehicle thats so rare.. it now holds NO asset to why its rare. Its even weaker than Transport Trucks. 1 7.62 shot to the engine makes engine red. Hitting a wall or a pole even slightly breaks both front tires. 50 rounds of a 6.5mm blows it up. I really see no difference between the Hunter and a Box Truck, except you can find Box Trucks everywhere.

I'd hope the devs would reply and see that its too weak now. It was fine before this patch because 100 rounds of a Zafir blew it up and you could've disabled the wheels pretty easily. Now its just horrible, 20-40 rounds of a Zafir blows it up. Not to mention a 9mm breaks the wheels in a couple of shots lol.

Anyways, the way it was before was fine, now it seems almost pointless and is basically not armored anymore.

Need proof? Get a Transport Truck like a Zamak or the other transport and get a Hunter. Shoot them with the same gun from the front, guaranteed the Hunter will blow up way quicker.

I'm pretty sure they did it in retaliation to all the asshats driving around the map running people over with them.  A lot of people were constantly complaining about it in sidechat(when there was sidechat) and radio channels on the servers I was on, and then there were threads on these forums about it.  It was pissing me off as well, but I think I was just unlucky and didn't have the proper weapons to protect myself.  I thought it was lame, but not enough to say anything about it.  It wasn't until people started sitting in their Hunters near traders waiting for people to show up and running them over that I felt compelled to say something abou it, and if that was becoming a trend I'm guessing that may have been what set them off.  I don't think reducing the armor is the answer for that, but I don't know what is.  Maybe they the devs saw some other things that factored into their decision, dunno.

I'm pretty sure they did it in retaliation to all the asshats driving around the map running people over with them.  A lot of people were constantly complaining about it in sidechat(when there was sidechat) and radio channels on the servers I was on, and then there were threads on these forums about it.  It was pissing me off as well, but I think I was just unlucky and didn't have the proper weapons to protect myself.  I thought it was lame, but not enough to say anything about it.  It wasn't until people started sitting in their Hunters near traders waiting for people to show up and running them over that I felt compelled to say something abou it, and if that was becoming a trend I'm guessing that may have been what set them off.  I don't think reducing the armor is the answer for that, but I don't know what is.  Maybe they the devs saw some other things that factored into their decision, dunno.

Always have to be a bunch of those running around. Give them a good way to kill people easy that takes no skill and they will do it. 

Running over people at freshspawn I think is wrong but I don´t see what´s wrong with running over people at a fight or if you see geared people that not are careful enough running over a road or a hill, sure it´s not bad ass, If they are geared it not hard to take out the wheels even in Vanilla.

I mean whats the difference of sitting with a .50 at 1km or using a vehicle to drive someone over? and don´t claim that it takes skill to use a .50 at 1km cause it isn´t that rifle is made for much greater distances.

Edit: A vehicle can work as a weapon and a armoured def should work as one. 

Edit again: I thought they nerfed it for freshspawn killing, if it is because people used them as weapons and some not so experienced players could not handle it its just a very bad choice. Especially when they are dropping long distance sniper rifles every where that kills with one shot at 1.5km and even more if the draw distance would allow it.

Running over people at freshspawn I think is wrong but I don´t see what´s wrong with running over people at a fight or if you see geared people that not are careful enough running over a road or a hill, sure it´s not bad ass, If they are geared it not hard to take out the wheels even in Vanilla.

I mean whats the difference of sitting with a .50 at 1km or using a vehicle to drive someone over? and don´t claim that it takes skill to use a .50 at 1km cause it isn´t that rifle is made for much greater distances.

Well from what I saw, they were driving in between spawn and popular cities and around traders.  They were purposely trying to find people running in between these areas since there's little cover and they can just fly right up on them and squish.  The get out and take your gear and drive away.  I had this happen to me... I'd say close to a dozen times on a couple different servers.  That's one thing, but when they started hiding around traders and ramming players as they were running up to the trader, it was time for me to take a break lol.

I'm sorry, but when you got a Hunter surprise attack flying at you at top speed out of nowhere and you have no cover since they can drive over or through just about anything other than buildings, I don't think you have much of a chance.

Like I said, maybe I was just unlucky and kept running into the same people or something.  It was happening a lot right before all that hacking of the official servers.  I took a break for a while and played the other night, ran halfway around the map and didn't even see a vehicle.

But again, I'm not sure why they nerf'd it exactly.  I still haven't seen anyone say anything officially.

I'm in agreement that lowering the armor value on it was a mistake. I was taken out yesterday by one clip of silenced 6.5. It's an armored vehicle, it shouldn't be that week. I totally understand a lmg taking it out or something bigger. there's no point in taking it now other then it does well offroad, but even then if you hit a fence or bush it's damaged again.

I'm sorry, but when you got a Hunter surprise attack flying at you at top speed out of nowhere and you have no cover since they can drive over or through just about anything other than buildings, I don't think you have much of a chance.

If you have a weapon - you have a decent chance to blow out a tire and run away for your life. If you don't have any weapon... well, any other vehicle will be the same deadly for you, what makes  hunter special then to nerf it? Hunter with its speed is not that hard target once you have auto weapon, especially if you are not alone.

the hunter is the best offroad car in epoch, it has its perks that way, this isnt arma 3, this is epoch(its own thing) the thing shouldn't have armor, the people crying in here are the same people who used it to run people over while their buddy's were shooting the people trying to avoid the hunter. If you want armored things go play wasteland.

Wasteland is not my thing I would in that case be going back to Breaking Point full time.

But that Mod is so extremely unforgiving, Epoch felt more casual but maybe even to casual for my taste if a armoured vehicle is not for protection and a noob with a pistol should be able to take it out.

the hunter is the best offroad car in epoch, it has its perks that way, this isnt arma 3, this is epoch(its own thing) the thing shouldn't have armor, the people crying in here are the same people who used it to run people over while their buddy's were shooting the people trying to avoid the hunter. If you want armored things go play wasteland.

Actually we ran a little fence over and lost 2 wheels.... DID you know that currently, you can take out the Hunter wheels in 2 shots with a 9mm and a 7.62 disables the engine in 2 shots? Its currently weaker than the HEMTT Transport or any HEMTT vehicles for the matter. It might be equivalent to the strength of an ATV or a BOX Truck at the moment. I'm not saying put it back to how it was.. but a 50% armor decrease was way too much, maybe 25% or 20% would've been nicer. Leaving it still a little armored but at the same time destructable. Its not nice driving and getting disabled with half a 30 round 6.5 clip.