How to make Custom map content [ Tutorial & Ongoing Support ]

Poncho

I know how to change the height and rotate them, I want to turn a tall rock into a long rock so it can be a roof.

I thought that's what setVectorUp was for ?

INIT="this setVectorUp [0,0,-1];";

If you do this it will turn the object upside down if that helps.

INIT="this setVectorUp [0,0,-1];";

If you do this it will turn the object upside down if that helps.

Thanks SN1P3R, I want to turn something on it's side though, not upside down.

Rather than up / down i wan't it left / right, does that make sense ?

Yeah, sorry about that fully, the post is too big if it includes all in it as standard so I have to tuck some away ;)

Sorry I have not been around the thread much for help but work has been pretty crazy and the ship's internet pretty much died for a while... Anyway once again the great epoch community *que heavenly shining light and choir sounds* has, as always, been there to jump in and save the day :) 

As for all of you wondering how to make caves e.t.c by getting the large pillar style rocks on their side, there is a simple way to do it, but it is not always reliable, so when doing it save often to see if it is actually working. There is nothing worse then spending time making a large structure only to have a major shift on saving :/ 

What to do:

Spawn a large rock piece in the position of the cave wall (for tighter angles the smaller rocks will need to be used, but this is a little harder), then adjust the height of the rock piece to the desired height of the cave roof. Place a few of these around as a rough outline for your cave and save.

After this spawn in either the 'wide cliff piece' or 'long pillar piece' drag these pieces over the ones you placed in the outline, if they are at the correct altitude their bases will 'stick' to the positioned outline rocks, then as you adjust their horizontal position you will find their angle will change allowing you to make (near enough) horizontal pieces.

Small alterations in height may also need to be made during this process also to keep the base of the roof rock 'stuck' to the outline rock. This process can be very trick and involves lots of very small adjustments. Even after all this it may not save properly and the code may make the item spawn vertical again. It can be a very long process but if done right, and with a bit of luck, you can get some really interesting edits out of this.

(As of now I do not know of any code (.sqf or .beidi) edits to make them spawn on their sides) 

Like I said just save often, and be sure to do it in stages. Most importantly, good luck!

Stuck as usual.. I have followed every instruction 3 times at least..I have read this tutorial 20 more times but naught...I am running a ST server and I am finding all the right spots but when I paste execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\mapedit.sqf"; of course with missions replaced with maps and name of sqf I load great till server starting authorization...Nothing from this point..I am prolly 1 of the newest to this and usually figure these things out but not this time so I am going to swallow my pride and plead for help.. BrokenTwig is truly BROKEN

Haha, OK buddy :) are you using your own map edit? If so just paste it here in a spoiler box, or if you don't want to show it, just pm me it and I will have a run through it for you. Make sure we are all set that side ;)

I am using the maps that was posted in another thread that is now elusive to me I also tried to install them server side but was stuck on authorization screen then booted to lobby...Would rather them be on server side so it dont lag out alot

I can tell you the files a from GOC but thats about all..I do have a TS that I am in alot(more than ant person should be)

wblz.clanvent.com:4306

/*

For DayZ Epoch
Addons Credits: Jetski Yanahui by Kol9yN, Zakat, Gerasimow9, YuraPetrov, zGuba, A.Karagod, IceBreakr, Sahbazz
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 145; //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

// Enabling this option will disable the instant map features involving player healing and loadout changes
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;
// May prevent "how are you civillian?" messages from NPC
enableSentences false;

// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 5; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 100; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 100; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 30; // Default = 30

dayz_paraSpawn = false;

dayz_minpos = -1;
dayz_maxpos = 16000;

dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 10;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;

dayz_maxAnimals = 8; // Default: 8
dayz_tameDogs = true;
DynamicVehicleDamageLow = 0; // Default: 0
DynamicVehicleDamageHigh = 85; // Default: 100
DynamicVehicleFuelLow = 0;
DynamicVehicleFuelHigh = 35;

DZE_vehicleAmmo = 1; //Default = 0, deletes ammo from vehicles with machine guns every restart if set to 0.
DZE_BackpackGuard = false; //Default = True, deletes backpack contents if logging out or losing connection beside another player if set to true.
DZE_BuildingLimit = 700; //Default = 150, decides how many objects can be built on the server before allowing any others to be built. Change value for more buildings.
DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE = false; //Vehicles bought with traders will parachute in instead of just spawning on the ground.
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
//Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys
_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf";
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "scripts\kh_actions.sqf";
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

// Anti Hack
if (true) then {
[] execVM "ATPExclusion\antihack.sqf";
};

//Lights
if (true) then {
//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
};
};

if (dayz_REsec == 1) then {
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
};

//Start Dynamic Weather
if(true) then {
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";
[] execVM "Maps\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";

I am trying to add my own custom buildings in  the arma II editor epoch 1.0.3.1, I have downloaded others custom tavi  buildings and saved em in my server.pbo and called em in my server_functions.sqf they work fine

a few questions though.

1. some custom content has this at the top

/*

----------------------------------------
Created by Hertizch for Sliced N' Diced.   great work BTW

*/

others have this at the top and the close bracket at bottom
if (isServer) then {

which is correct ???

2. should it be placed in server.pbo and called in server_functions.sqf  or placed in mission.pbo and called in init.sqf like most tutorials say
all downloaded content says to put in server.pbo which working fine, except my own custom work dont  ;(
I delete the top and bottom just like instructed I have added both starts and ends but still nothing works.
my buddy made a  dam, he sent to me I added the */ at the top no closing bracket and his works fine but  not mine.

1. some custom content has this at the top

/*

Created by Hertizch for Sliced N' Diced. great work BTW

*/

others have this at the top and the close bracket at bottom

if (isServer) then {

which is correct ???

2. should it be placed in server.pbo and called in server_functions.sqf or placed in mission.pbo and called in init.sqf like most tutorials say

1.others have this at the top and the close bracket at bottom

if (isServer) then { You need this for the code to work.

These:

/*

Created by Hertizch for Sliced N' Diced. great work BTW

*/

...are just credits, added by the creator. Anything with the slashes and stars at the beginning and end are ignored by the code.

2.Either will work, but server side is better. It means a smaller mission size, edits are loaded server size, not client side, and AI won't walk through the walls ;)

As for you broken twig I can't help without some more information if the guide is not solving your issue.

Just post me he code you are adding, otherwise there really is not much I can do. I get back to the country on Sunday, maybe I can have a chat with you some time after then :)

I have placed them in my mission.pbo for now and they are working they are Ghost of Chernarus files but still unable to get them going serverside. I dont really understand all of it as I told ya I was very new but if you are able to join our ts or message what you need to see I will gather the info and get it to you

Thanks for your response Poncho

Just going to throw this out there as my optomizer for added buildings!

Replace =  
_vehicle_(\d+) = objNull;
WITH 
_bldObj = objNull;

Delete = 
_vehicle_(\d+) = _this;

Replace = 
_vehicle_(\d+)
WITH
_bldObj

Replace = 
_this
WITH
_bldObj

Works a wonder for me and a few people have posted this but this is a collective optomizer including all the steps. 

Optomizer.txt

• 2 weeks later...

in taviana epoch if I place a mash building would I just name it Land_mash to get it to spawn loot

same with the hospital tents  ???

You can keep them as Map_mash if you want, Epoch includes the Map EU addon.

The buildings will spawn but for loot some might be to be called Land_

Just wondering why is nothing spawning in the building I made? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: reading the topic again... seems I ran the editor wrong? Because I tho i ran the Jon_Editor so it should of made LAND_ instead of MAP_ right?

Confused here X_X

Should I only run DayZ without Epoch mod on? With Jon_Editor on?

EDIT: Fixed it myself :)

Another question, how do you flat the terrain?