How to make Custom map content [ Tutorial & Ongoing Support ]

Poncho

My server is hosted by Nitrado.net

Can that actualy change some of the file names when installing aditional content?

Because most of the times I look up guides on how to, most of the thing I have to find isn't there! :S

Mabye I'm just blind but it'd be great if someone also had a server hosted my Nitrado.net willing to help me :)

For the step: Want to optimize your .sqf? you can replace the vehicle_xxx with a simple command using notepad++

Make sure you have regular expression selected in Notepad++.

search for:   _vehicle_(\d+) = objNull;

and replace with:   _bldObj = objNull;

Works great! make sure to check the "regular expression" radio button.

I was able to edit the map merchants but I can't find a way to set the correct spawn direction for purchased vehicles, they are still spawning facing the old direction even when I use setdir. Does anyone know how to "turn" the direction where they spawn at the HeliHempty?

Okay, thanks, I'll give that a try.

@gunnar:  I tried it, and at first didn't think it was useful.  You can't see where you are moving things on the 2d map, afterally.  THEN I realized what you meant, which is you can left-click and hold on the item, then use M to switch back to the 3d map and it keeps your item selected!  Genius!  Thank you!

I was able to edit the map merchants but I can't find a way to set the correct spawn direction for purchased vehicles, they are still spawning facing the old direction even when I use setdir. Does anyone know how to "turn" the direction where they spawn at the HeliHempty?

Anyone?

EDIT: This is off topic but now I am getting a PBO error and am not able to adjust anything in the PBO. If you know how to fix this, let me know please.

FUCKOFFPBO_zpsc087ca13.jpg

Alright, so I am getting a few issues here. I have followed the tutorial closely and read everything multiple times with triple checking. But I am still not seeing my custom maps in game. I have 2 questions specifically. One having to do with this;

2. Create a folder in the root of the server.pbo called: Maps

Here's the 2 things I tried to do. So which is right?

f319ce7f-23ab-4bf2-a0be-70a0b0ac5927_zpsbd920e33-d5ac-4063-a206-1f8c00cd996d_zps

Two, am I applying the exec code correctly?

intexeccode_zps067af87d.png

I did just as you said and put it at the bottom of the server_functions.sqf

Remove the code please....

The Tutorial on first page has errors! But its self explaining.

If you look at the execVM part in your server_functions, youll see your mistake...

You pu a file named kraemerepoch.sqf in missions\maps folder in your server.pbo and you try to exec this file with missions\mapedit.sqf?

The first error is also obvious... The process cannot access the file

I'll always help, but this is a joke for me, try to learn the OS basics.

Remove the code please....

The Tutorial on first page has errors! But its self explaining.

If you look at the execVM part in your server_functions, youll see your mistake...

You pu a file named kraemerepoch.sqf in missions\maps folder in your server.pbo and you try to exec this file with missions\mapedit.sqf?

The first error is also obvious... The process cannot access the file

I'll always help, but this is a joke for me, try to learn the OS basics.

Okay let me clear that bit up. My first try the exec was right saying kraemerepoch.sqf and it did not work. I must of swapped it around by accident when trying to get it to work. But thanks for your help, I'll try to be a dick too the next time I come around.

_bldObj = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["MAP_asf2_0_2000", [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setDir -26.330427;
  _bldObj setPos [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007];
};

I'm not that familiar with how the Arma engine works, but I was curious that there seems to be a bit of redundant code in the above.

if (true) then

This IF statement should always evaluate to true, so it will always be triggered.  Is it needed for some other reason?

_bldObj = createVehicle ["MAP_asf2_0_2000", [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setDir -26.330427;
  _bldObj setPos [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007];

What's the point of setting the worldspace on object creation, then setting it to the same position 2 lines later?  Is setPos required?

In regards to changing the custom map addons from "vehicles" to "objects". I use Notepad++ so doing a mass Find/Replace of all map addons isn't hard, but the problem is the _vehicle_# parts. For the _this changes, I can use the "Replace" option to replace _this with _bldObj in all files at once. Is there a wildcard I can use to replace all _vehicle_# references to _bldObj? See the attachment for the "Replace" option I am talking about.

*Edit* I will answer my own question. For the _vehicle_#, do the following:

In the "Find what" box, put the following:

_vehicle_. =

post-58-0-55204900-1388479534_thumb.png

I'm having some diffuculty trying to build on the upslope of a mountain in the map editor.

I'm trying to get for example a pier sitting in the mountain but everytime i go to save the object follows the shape of the mountain. I want it to stick halfway in to make it straight.

If this makes sense and someone knows how to do that could you please help, Thanks.

You need to use the setVectorUp parameter within your object call.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVectorUp

Remember and call it after your setPos parameter.

E.G:

_bldObj = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["Loudspeakers_EP1", [11933.02, 21127.859, -0.00014877319], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setPos [11933.02, 21127.859, -0.00014877319];

_bldObj setVectorUp [0,0,1];
};

Theres a bunch of info on opendayz.net in the Map Additions forum on various map issues, as well as custom content.

Usually one of my first stops for figuring things out that dont make sense to me re dayz/arma, as well as the BIS wiki and forums

:)

Try to change the lines:

_bldObj setDir -106.04213;

_bldObj setPos [13588.283, 2879.6711, -0.0001335144];

to:

_bldObj setPos [13588.283, 2879.6711, -0.0001335144];

_bldObj setDir -106.04213;

Nope that didn't work. Aircrafts still spawn facing NW at my HeliEmpty.

You just hold alt and lift it up and build more rocks up in the air surrounded by rocks on the ground Hold shift to swivvle it left or right

I know how to change the height and rotate them, I want to turn a tall rock into a long rock so it can be a roof.

I thought that's what setVectorUp was for ?