How to make Custom map content [ Tutorial & Ongoing Support ]

Poncho

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed some people here talk about adding roads an such. Was wondering how can you do that? Do I need an additional addon for that or..? The original Jon Editor does not have roads in it. I've looked through everywhere.

Yes I understand that part but my problem is that I can't add roads. Where am I supposed to find them? They're not under the "Vehicles" tab or anywhere else.

Figured it out. You need to include @DayZ_Epoch in your launch parameters. OP doesn't say that.

When I save it, and i check it, nearly all the walls and roads are out of place, but not the buildings. And I will have to put in place again and save it again, and then it will work. Is there a way to bypass this? And it also doesn't save _this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";     Thanks

Roads need to saved, then moved again back into position and saved again. You can not bypass this.

I have always modified the sqf and moved the setVectorUp to the bottom after setPos.

Like this.

_vehicle_3 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Panelak", [4639.9702, 10474.065, -3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_3 = _this;
  _this setDir -30.591423;
  _this setPos [4639.9702, 10474.065, -3.0517578e-005];
  _this setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];
};

When I save it, and i check it, nearly all the walls and roads are out of place, but not the buildings. And I will have to put in place again and save it again, and then it will work. Is there a way to bypass this? And it also doesn't save _this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";     Thanks

What I do is this - when I add a new vehicle, right on the pop-up window where you can choose the object, at the bottom there's an input box for "Init expression". Just paste the this setVectorUp [0,0,1]; there and you don't need to edit the SQF or biedi files at all.

I guess one way to tackle the misplacement issue would be to place a bunch of roads and walls randomly on the ground quickly, like a 100 each. Then save them, and after that you start placing them where they need to be. The ones that you don't need you just delete at the end.

hiya big problem with the map editor and need help asap

ok a few months ago i was making edits to my dayz map and it would create 1 file called missio.sqf and i would simply copy that to my server map pbo.

now im trying to edit that file again to add more buildings ectra and it will not load up the server map sqf i have. after trying to make a new one it now makes 2 files a sqf and a beidi file and i cannot use these on my server i can only use sqf files how do i fix this with the map editor need help asap

I have a question on this topic looked through this and others on the subject  .. Water base, using dock sections as the base for buildings, Some buildings put down and the stay right where they should, others pop up in the air after saving, or sink too far into the docks... even after moving back save, dosent fix .. would vectors correct this and some idea on which setting in the vectors may fix this  ;)  :D  :rolleyes: 

2014-11-05_00034-e1415200745939.jpg

Seems that some building just don't like the docks.. Ive been messing with this since posting .. I got a few buildings that had sank in to finally get where they should be, and some just cant make work no matter the vector, the just bug out ..guess wont worry with what I can have, just concentrate on what I no works..., small items seem to be no prob, gas pumps ladders, etc etc  unless someone comes up with a post that helps lol

Since nothing will spawn out here I guess it doesn't matter any way .. Im hoping the gas pumps work 

• 2 weeks later...
Okay this seems to be a recurring problem so I will reiterate. Originally there was no 3D editor, only to 2D map editor. The 3D version was added later so allow the community great access to the editor through ease of use. 

So when Fully says it takes multiple saves to fix the position he is correct, but i'll just explain why: It is because the 3D editor is only essentially an add-on, so there is usually always some communication errors between the position you set it to in the 3D world and the position recorded in the 2D world, and when you save it it takes the 2D recorded position, and shifts all your items true to that information. Saving and adjusting to correct that error multiple times allows you to gradually decrease or eventually eliminate this discrepancy.

It's not ideal that is true, but just be thankful they even added it. Or we would not have such a great community here creating awesome new content ^^   

Addition* Also for Chainsaw Squirrel, this is because the buildings you try place on top of a dock will more often than not try to follow the contours of the land below it, either that or get confused between the two and just flip out. Best way to avoid this is to know roughly where your dock parameters end then build above where it would be, without actually placing it (using the set vector codes of course). Once all your items are in place then add the docks at the very end. Saves a hell of a lot of time and heartache trust me. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I am adding buildings to the map they have all automatically started with LAND_ for me. If they start with any prefix. A few of my buildings don't have a prefix like MAP or LAND. For example, my medical tent. It just is called MASH. Do I have to add LAND_ onto the beginning of that for loot to spawn?

The correct name is

MASH_EP1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I try to vector by adding

AZIMUT="-67.231117";
INIT="_this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";";
PARENT="";

It produces this error

\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\DangerRuss\missions\qq3.Chernarus\mission.biedi, line 26: '/_vehicle_32/Arguments.this': 's' encountered instead of '='

Example

class _vehicle_32
{
    objectType="vehicle";
    class Arguments
    {
        POSITION="[4688.5459, 11985.612, 3.0517578e-005]";
        TYPE="Land_Wall_L1_gate_EP1";
        AZIMUT="37.598709";
        INIT="_this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";";
        PARENT="";
    };
};

@DangerRuss
Why are you calling the mission.biedi file? This is just for the Arma Editor =)

Never name a file "mission" - it just creates problems and confusion!

Anyway -  The measurement from the West and South are different in the Biedi compaired to the SQF.

It should look like this once finished =)

_vehicle_32 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Wall_L1_gate_EP1", [4688.5459, 11985.612, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_32 = _this;
  _this setDir 37.598709;
  _this setPos [4688.5459, 11985.612, 3.0517578e-005];
};

@DangerRuss

Why are you calling the mission.biedi file? This is just for the Arma Editor =)

Never name a file "mission" - it just creates problems and confusion!

Anyway -  The measurement from the West and South are different in the Biedi compaired to the SQF.

It should look like this once finished =)

_vehicle_32 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Wall_L1_gate_EP1", [4688.5459, 11985.612, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_32 = _this;
  _this setDir 37.598709;
  _this setPos [4688.5459, 11985.612, 3.0517578e-005];
};

This is in the editor  :)  I was making something in the editor and trying to set the vectors but any time I added them it produced that error. Your solution is for the SQF which wont help me in the editor.

I would be very very carefull with installing custom bases, connected to a server where nearly all bases from here installed. Horrible FPS (around 13). Also made my own towns with several thousand objects, and the fps drops dramaticly.

Now i only use around 250kb of custom bases (created by my own) for chernarus and have above 75fps.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very very carefull with installing custom bases, connected to a server where nearly all bases from here installed. Horrible FPS (around 13). Also made my own towns with several thousand objects, and the fps drops dramaticly.

Now i only use around 250kb of custom bases (created by my own) for chernarus and have above 75fps.

That is pretty good server FPS, do you have the specs for it?

My server normally sits around 38-52fps depending on what is going on.

• 1 month later...

I have trouble finding the Fire Station, could some one say under what subject it is? 

Is it like #Buildings or #Buildings2 or another one?

Greets

-The Netherlands

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have a problem with a set of custom base with Hangars. 2 Hangar located not rough terrain.
To align the hangars on the horizon, I used _this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";
In game is Hangar stand nice, but if put inside Hangar the vehicle, after a restart server vehicle hanging in the air, as if they do not understand what now stays straight Hangar.
I try use:
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\maps\mad.sqf"; in server_functions.sqf (server side), in init.sqf (mission side), top and bottom in both file;
mad = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_server\maps\mad.sqf";
2 Hangar in SQF: _vehicle_167 = objNull; and _vehicle_168 = objNull;
i try use any object "Land_SS_hangar" and "MAP_SS_hangar"
result one = vehicle hanging in the air

http://imgur.com/pEEcHFM

SQF: http://pastebin.com/U1L30eGd

This Custom base for NAPF in Megen (below North airfield)

how to fix it ???

sry for my Eng...