First things first here is a preview of the addition. Situated in central Chernogorsk it acted as a last attempt to quell the infection, and save any survivors from the infected. But like most places on Chernarus it soon became too dangerous, and it's inhabitants were scattered to the wastes. The 'Chernogorsk Quarantine Zone' holds many items of values, apart from encircling two lootable buildings it also houses multiple military, medical and vehicle salvage points. Nothing too overpowered for a coastal town, but still something worth a trip to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k1PVnGMWQ

**All loot spawns are fully functional within this edit, they do not appear in this video preview as it was filmed in the map editor, tried and tested on multiple servers - confirmed working**

To install simply:

1) Copy the code below into a file called 'ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf'

2) Make a folder called 'Maps' in the root of your mission.pbo (skip if you already have a folder used for this)

3) Insert the 'ChernoQuarantie_Zone.sqf' into this folder

4) Finally in your init.sqf add this line of code at the bottom:

[] execVM "Maps\ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf";

Note* if you already have a folder for custom map content edit the following as required:

[] execVM "your folder\your file name.sqf";

Following is the code content for the ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf

http://pastebin.com/hJgGSee3

**There are also fixed loot spawns added, these will respawn with each server restart, they are clearly indicated in the code should you wish to remove them**

Alternately you may add the content server side to reduce mission file size for new players joining your server.

At the bottom of server_functions.sqf add this line:
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\quarantinezone.sqf";

Then save code in OP in a new .sqf in \init folder named quarantinezone.sqf

Please leave a like on the youtube vid if you liked the addition, and let me know what you think :)

Nice. A spoiler for the code would be appreciated :)

Hmmm how would I use the spoiler option? I have seen it used but don't know how to add the code in one :S

Also thanks ebay, I am using a ViLayer Hive so adding it to my mission.pbo allows me to very easily and quickly comment the [] exec code in the init.sqf to temporarily disable it, something very useful for me as in our server we have content that regularily appear / dissapear as it is required for events e.t.c

Adding your option as an alternate to the origional, thanks :)

Good to hear :) Working on a few others but I'm trying as best I can to make sure stuff stays in keeping with dayz. Currently working on smaller multiple bases for use with SARGE AI static spawns. I really like the idea of coming across a small survivor camp with a few sitting round a fireplace, or bandits patrolling round their perimeter guarding their loot spoils. 

Thanks PsycoSyd and hayward. In 20 days I will be returning to sea again for another 3 month trip, but will be bringing my laptop :) I do enjoy making map additions so I will try to keep on uploading as and when the internet access permits. 

I tend to use them for indications, when you have a lot of edits in it just helps as a visual trigger to recognise the code lines. Saves some time in the longs stints of code editing ;) As far as I am aware however, it is as ebay said. I don't believe they are a vital. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...