Community Suicide? [Everyone should state their opinion on this.]

CodeBis

So either this is a whole system set up on plain white paper with black rules that dictate how things go, or DayZ and all Mods just like epoch were made by a flexible and helping community...

What is a community driven mod if it isn't created, changed and reinvented by the users?

How did epoch start? How did DayZ start?

With people who had a great idea, now nobody can tell me that these were created without the donations and help of the community, yet they still do not allow donations to flow into the servers hosting their mod/game?

Even if Bohemia or any other big company that was part of Arma 2 OA wouldn't allow this, I would still ask the same question. Why do you think that it is a issue? I believe it is the greed behind those people, the greed of keeping any profits "made by them". I am sorry for just raging it out there, but how can you have an issue with things that help those who made your product what it is today?

Who would play Arma 2 OA without DayZ? 1/3 of the population now? 1/4 of the population?

Who would play Epoch or any other mod without the server addons and work done by "us" admins/scripters/the community?

So why is it ok to block the help for those? To keep alive what keeps you alive?

Are you this greedy to oversee the long term effects? Are you really that greedy to not notice the community had your back, created your "back"? But you still give yourself the position to break the communities joints until the whole community collapses?

You are on the wrong path epoch team! I hope you rethink your decisions and if that issue comes from further up like Bohemia, then work on your contracts. Because what ever made and or is the founder of this unbelievable and almost heart breaking issue should start to think clear.

Have a great day community and to the epoch team I wish a thoughtful moment.

Best regards,

Blite

Scripter who lost his hopes in the community founders.

P.s.: Since this all started because of the thoughtful help of a great community member (sarcasm), I would also like to end this with the fact that I am also very disappointed in those who go against others in the same community, with the same dreams, with the same goal.

Your off your rocker if you think you should be allowed to make money off something you had no hand in creating.

As far as the hosting servers, there is nothing that says you can't donate to those communities.  They just aren't allowed to sell in game items:  i.e. - pay to play / pay to win.  (The way is should be)

I'm fully aware that many/most communities survive due to donations only, but if you can't do that with general donations without selling in game items/perks, then your doing something wrong.

If you don't like it, go make your own mod and charge people what you like.  Or better yet if you want money...  Stop crying and go get a job.

Have a nice day

I don't want to really have a discussion this much off topic but you are aware that this is in the "general discussions" area right?

So anything found here will always be based on opinions of someone not on anything constructive or informal. That would be more likely be found in the scripting and help sections. 

Obviously you just don't agree with me/ don't like me or are having a bad mood, the only issue you have in addition to that is that there are no arguments that you can think of with the primitive thing inside your head (not sure what I could call it in your case) but trust me you need to take this the nicest way possible: Please stop making yourself look like a little troll.

Im done with this childish discussion now.

Best regards,

Blite

I have nothing personal against you, I don't even know who you are. What I find amusing is your argument is based on the expectation you should be able to monetize somebody else's work. I know that people can and will host their servers however they see fit...but trying to argue this point here is just about the most anti-productive thing one can do. Refer back to the numerous threads and arguments on this very topic and you'll see why. 

p.s. I'm not a troll, I'm a penguin.

@ZombieDanceTeamLeader 

You are right it isn't right to do so.

But I don't think any single person or company made any of the mods so who made this?

And in addition, Im sure it is almost impossible to not do but for a still growing community and server like us all the money goes into our community needs, website/server etc...

And I think unless it doesn't go beyond that point it should be fine, if it really was that big of an issue though, why shutdown the promotion posts of growing servers instead of solving it with those who actually make big money or probably do (CCG etc.)

But yes, just considering what you said, your right.

Best regards,

Blite

You are aware that the website linked is my personal page? The help referers to scripting and installing help on their server because I obviously can't take hours of time without something in exchange.

I guess there was a minor possibility to misjudge it being the servers website, but no it is not. I only keep the changelog there because it is a website I can easily use and edit.

:)

Best regards,

Blite

[EDIT]

This is the original post, ripped out of context...

You are having issues with your game or server?

Need some advice or actual help installing/creating etc.?

Message me details and you will recieve more information concering your problem.

Donators that have donated more than 10$ will recieve FREE premium help!

Contact me! [Click here]

Your off your rocker if you think you should be allowed to make money off something you had no hand in creating.

I would agree, but if someone dared to say that of Bohemia (who evidently have done a great job of getting un-paid volunteers to police their policies and intellectual properties for them) then you would probably face a ban for speaking out against they-who-must-not-be-questioned :)

You're right... nonconstructive rant in the WRONG section :D

I understand what the guy means about some stuff - but Bohemia's rules are not made by the EPOCH team? They're made by Bohemia?

With that in mind, I'm still not sure what the problem is or the rant is about? Is it the donations issue, or is it something else? Because, as I say, the donations stuff has come through the EPOCH team sure, but FROM Bohemia?

What exactly does this have to do with Dayz Standalone?

• 2 weeks later...