Holy spammers Batman!

BetterDeadThanZed

When are you guys going to improve the spam protection? I've volunteered to be a moderator and could help out but I'm guessing you guys don't think you need the help? A whole page full of spam.... Maybe it's time to turn on admin validation of all new accounts?

The new posts list went from 8 pages to 38 pages :( .  Has been going on for a while now.  Makes navigating the forums a major pain untill they get cleaned up.

@Awol if you have some license for this board, then: http://www.invisionpower.com/services/spam-monitor it's free.

alternatively:

Admin CP --> Question & Answer Challenge. Click "Add New Question"

Add few epoch or Arma related questions that players would know of, it allows for several different answers per question afaik, even if spammers use human input to solve captcha for bots, this could act as a second layer of security as they probably have no idea what this website is used for.

Q: Map used in DayZ standalone

A: Chernarus .... A: Chernarus plus ... A: Chernarus+

Name the exploding enemy in Arma 3 Epoch

Currency used in Arma 3 Epoch

Short for Dayz Commander (3 letters)

Name one of the maps integrated with Dayz Epoch mod

Type Epoch backwards

etc

@Awol if you have some license for this board, then: http://www.invisionpower.com/services/spam-monitor it's free.

alternatively:

Add few epoch or Arma related questions that players would know of, it allows for several different answers per question afaik, even if spammers use human input to solve captcha for bots, this could act as a second layer of security as they probably have no idea what this website is used for.

Type Epoch backwards

etc

The A3 questions would be bad because not everyone is playing it. I have no idea what the exploding enemy is or what the currency is.

alternatively:

Type Epoch backwards

etc

I checked his license. It is a legit one and not nulled. So he could install that.

I also don't mind MGT having mod again. He seems to be the most active out of all of us anyways.