Gold making guide?

methoska

I think everyone who is new to Epoch goes through the 'wow safes are so expensive' phase. Really though, they are a good price as they are. If you are in a small group you can easily scrape together the cash from a nights work to afford one of these. Since you can sell them back for the same price at any time and they are indestructible, they are actually a very good investment for your money. I'm guessing they don't disappear after 6 days as per the building maintenance cleanup? 

If you really want to bring in some cash, it is much easier once you have access to the bandit/hero camps to sell the military gear (especially heli's) you find at a premium. At the moment there aren't many options for getting hero rep, but bandit is very achievable. Also C130's on the edge of the map tend to get overlooked as they can be difficult to fly but if you practice with them in the ARMA editor you will find they are actually quite easy to land. My group made 400g in half an hour selling two of these at NEAF. =)

I thank you everyone for the fast answers/tips!

Yes, a I want to buy a safe, becouse i can't bring everything with me. :)

But, I really want to knnow (as a new player), is it possible to make money with fishing, crafting etc, or just loot barracks?
Which is better and why?

Sell a car and some weapons, buy a mozzie or a gyrocopter and go looking for good cars or helicopters, if you find a mv-22/osprey, they are worth 2 briefcases. Usually if the server is new, and if you have around 500 vehicles there should be a couple of mv22's around. If not just continue looking for helicopters and fixing them and selling them, same with good cars. Weapons is good too.

Find cars, tow/lift cars, sell cars. On my server I allow larger vehicles like Urals to tow planes.

How do you make Urals tow planes? i want the big helicopters and urals to be able to heli lift/tow the smaller planes like the cessna's.

If safes were cheap there'd be a hell of a lot more people playing Epoch, it's as simple as that. Think about it...if a new player had possessions locked away on any one server, then he or she is more likely to return to that server to access their haul of weapons and gold.

The only downside to cheap safes I can envisage is people using them as obstacles, like blocking a road or building entrance. 

Seriously, give it a try. If you're struggling for numbers, make safes really cheap, advertise it and away you go. 

Another option that many don't consider when just starting out - antibiotics. You can carry as many as your backpack will fit and they sell for a nice amount. Just 10 antibiotics will net you nearly 7 gold and they can be found nearly anywhere.

• 6 months later...